Game Day: Manly v Knights [Round 14, 2017]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
For mine, Uate's actual 'try' was karma for the one they took off him earlier.

But of course the media will focus on the fact that he dropped the ball and thus the Knights got screwed. Nein are already saying it was controversial.....
he was stripped, for mine, which is fine over the line, but if it is stripped it can't be a knock on

D

Deleted member 26876

For mine, Uate's actual 'try' was karma for the one they took off him earlier.

But of course the media will focus on the fact that he dropped the ball and thus the Knights got screwed. Nein are already saying it was controversial.....
also, had we not been given that, the knights wouldn't be on 14 points as they were given that 40/20 (bloody not a 40/20) and a penalty off that set that lead to them getting the two points. Meaning we'd be locked at 12-12 at full time (I think we would've won anyway during the last 20 min but anyways, let the media do their thing, let's just remember to say "**** em")

yokahontas

Bencher
Short turn around, hideous conditions and runaway favourites was always going to be a struggle. Just shty that we've missed a 20+ point F/A differential due to weather and circumstance

On the other hand, can probably count it as a lucky break that the team we had to play under those conditions and off a short turnaround was Newcastle. Could've easily been a loss, and against some of the dirtier teams could also have copped some nasty injuries in this weather.

HappilyManly

Journey Man
On a dry night i think we would of put 2 or 3 on them early with all the ball we had. No player wanted to risk an off load or any second phase play or expansive passing in those conditions. Our whole attack this year has been based on that style of play
Remember that Wright dropped the ball over the line, then Kely knocks on with no one in front of him in the second half.:tmi:

Manly will take the 2 and hopefully learn from the errors :nod:

D

Deleted member 26876

Yeah it was a great effort, we were clearly the better side throughout although the conditions limited us from truly doing anything bar grind them out. Phenomenal defence for the most part, clocked off for less than usual so definitely improvements. Plenty against us yet we stood tall and won

Once again plenty of bombed tries from us, although I still find scoring over 10 points impressive in conditions like that so well done

Shoe1

Journey Man
Games don't pan out the same if a try is disallowed. Unless the said try is at 79:59.

Manly or the Knights may have scored 4 tries after uate's try was disallowed, if it had been.

People can't say it would have been 14-12.

Loobs

Living in the demountable.
Games don't pan out the same if a try is disallowed. Unless the said try is at 79:59.

Manly or the Knights may have scored 4 tries after uate's try was disallowed, if it had been.

But they will because a lot of people are idiots.

HoldenV8

Journey Man

Yep, if that try was disallowed it would have been a 20 restart for the Knights. The game would have gone totally different and Levi probably doesn't score.

Trent Barrett says Tom Trbojevic got through game unscathed. Hobble in 2nd half a non issue #NRL
maybe he copped a cork or light strain he was telling the trainer to go away so let's hope Barrett is correct. I wouldn't of played him but I'm sure Barrett wouldn't of if he was even a bit uncertain tommy wasn't fully fit.

As for people calling for hastings to come on I trust the coaches.. sometimes it can backfire and api was crucial around the ruck.

Shoe1

Journey Man
Yep, if that try was disallowed it would have been a 20 restart for the Knights. The game would have gone totally different and Levi probably doesn't score.
In the conditions it would have been very likely that the Knights would have knocked on in that next set, gifting manly a try. And then manly would have gone the length of the field next set. For sure.

The Who

Journey Man
What's the tactic with using one interchange for just 12 minutes and the other not at all?
Having Poo is a complete waste. We need another forward instead of him - Lussick presumably.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 9 2 82 20
11 8 3 112 18
11 8 3 75 18
11 7 4 65 16
12 7 5 135 14
12 7 5 57 14
11 6 5 -9 14
11 6 5 -38 14
12 6 5 36 13
11 5 6 47 12