Game Day: Manly v Eels [Round 7, 2016]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
newcastle next week which should see us win easy
No such thing as a gimme this year.
Some games may turn out one-sided but you don't know in advance which ones they'll be.

Very even comp (apart from rampant salary cap cheats Eels)

Yes the Speels were good last week. On the other side of the coin though, they didn't really meet much resistance from Canberra did they. As good as the Speels were, the Raiders were equally bad.

We can win this one.
Love to see our little novice half back run around the wannabe Parra half back - Api for another 3 Dally M points :clap:

Let's not forget the Dalai has a lot riding on this game as well, he's had the wood over us for a while now but possibly with the demise of 2V this may not be the case.

I just hope any announcement of a points deduction or not playing for points comes on Friday rather than before the game as we don't want them getting any additional incentive ( I remember when the Storm was stung they then went on a bit of a winning run).

I don't get all the negativity around here lately. Seriously, some here have already conceded that we're going to lose on Thursday night and the teams haven't even been announced yet.

And I'm sorry to say that its the same ones who had us being 1-5 or 0-6 at this stage rather than the 3-3 we are having won 3 of our last 4.

Have a little faith people. Have a little faith.

Prediction:

Choc to announce his retirement just before the game in some Channel Nein schmaltz number and the ground gets flooded by tears.

Eels stripped of all premiership points this year.

Crushed mentally they lose the will to go on and Manly win by 50.

Interesting Mateo out again. What's the excuse this time?

Starling to start and Lussick to the bench.

And Fonua-Blake is not in the team.

Let's not forget the Dalai has a lot riding on this game as well, he's had the wood over us for a while now but possibly with the demise of 2V this may not be the case.

I just hope any announcement of a points deduction or not playing for points comes on Friday rather than before the game as we don't want them getting any additional incentive ( I remember when the Storm was stung they then went on a bit of a winning run).
Agree. I was thinking that very thing, that they'll use the news in some twisted motivation.

Interesting Mateo out again. What's the excuse this time?

Starling to start and Lussick to the bench.

And Fonua-Blake is not in the team.

To be fair has there been a game when we have lined up 1 - 17 as per program?

1 Brett Stewart

2 Jorge Taufua

3 Jamie Lyon (C)

4 Steve Matai

5 Tom Trbojevic

6 Dylan Walker

7 Apisai Koroisau

8 Darcy Lussick

9 Matt Parcell

10 Nate Myles

11 Tom Symonds

12 Martin Taupau

13 Jake Trbojevic

Interchange:

14 Lewis Brown

15 Brenton Lawrence

16 Josh Starling

17 Siosia Vave

To be fair has there been a game when we have lined up 1 - 17 as per program?
If I am not mistaken the side named last week was close to spot on. Only one change, which was to the run-on side with Lussick coming on for Starling.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6