Pre-Game Manly v Eels [Round 21, 2022]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

20 36
4 Pines Park
05 Aug 2022 07:55 PM

Team Lists

Schuster has been copping it left and right from everyone at the moment but I think people need to go easier on him. Agree that he appears lazy and disinterested right now but he’s only 21 and played just 31 games. He’s probably carrying the extra weight because he was expecting to play 2nd row this year, and he’s obviously been carrying an injury which hasn’t helped.

Remember that he played 5/8 for most of his junior career and has excelled every time he has played in the halves for us in first grade. It would be best for him to play out the season at 6 for Blacktown, rather than the 15 minutes off the bench where he’s on a hiding to nothing. People need to be careful what they wish for as he’s the exact type of player who could end up elsewhere and dominate - just need to show some patience and hope he has a big off season and gets into shape
If you talk big you need to deliver big or face scrutiny.

He is facing due scrutiny. He looks a lazy oaf.

NYEagle

We need to stop RCG and Paulo more than anything, Mahoney plays well off the back of their go forward . If We stop them , Parra will go sideways and apart from Sivo ( 10M out from Tryline ) their backs are average. We have the pace to worry them all over the park .
Yep, I can see foz setting up plays for Kaula to exploit. Just need to get into attacking situations in their 20m zone. Defensively we have them covered in the forwards/middle, DCE and Foz should be the ringmasters for Garrick, Kaula and Saab to do their stuff.

This game is one of the most important ones in the clubs recent history.

And not just because we need to keep winning to make the 8.

Win , and win well and the media will start to get off our back.

Lose , and lose badly and the vultures will be picking over the carcass that was the MWSE.

Huge , no massive, and a big statement needed.

This game is one of the most important ones in the clubs recent history.

And not just because we need to keep winning to make the 8.

Win , and win well and the media will start to get off our back.

Lose , and lose badly and the vultures will be picking over the carcass that was the MWSE.

Huge , no massive, and a big statement needed.
Yep, goes without saying Mark. This game could set us up for a decent run at the 8. Raiders, Saints look like losers this week. Only need the Broncs to get up over Roosters, all starts Friday night, can't wait.

I'd rather see the Des gone. We have a recent history of keeping an under performing coach and letting stars go. I suspect that this issue isn't about form it's about the relationship between player and coach. Its clear Des didn't make the decision regarding the retention of Foran and thus this could just be an up yours to the decision makers. Sadly it will have a significant ongoing effect on our club and is affecting this player's short term career. Our playing group does not even resemble a happy playing group. I suspect the group is fractured by more than just religious beliefs. We should be looking actively and covertly for a new coach as IMO we will not win another premiership under Des. We need a younger fresher coach such as a Fitzgibbons or Payton style of coach.
Bring back Baz hey.................

Bring back Baz hey.................
Absolutely not. There is no nexus to this suggestion and my opinion. I suggested a coach of the ilk of Payton or Fitzgibbon. They are a very different proposition to Barrett. So I don’t understand your reference.

The journos sure hammered the players in the media interviews today! Understandable they'd quiz them but they went on and on about the last week and tried every angle possible to get a snippet that could be used as a headline. To their credit, all the players held their nerve.

Foz was particularly targeted but he remained his usual cool, calm and collected self and good on him. He also responded to the questions of any possibility of a backflip on the Titans by saying no chance at all (for what that's worth).

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
9 7 2 72 16
8 7 1 56 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8