Game Day: Manly v Dragons [Round 6, 2017]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I tipped the Dragons will be no easybeats....but I didn't think we'd give it up so easily. Really dissapointed in their effort and application. Jorge and AFB the only ones exempt from a very dissapointing effort.
I'm a bit worried about what Melbourne will do to us based on that display, as bad as I've seen them play in recent memory

Hard to find a positive in that steaming pile of manure. Horhay continues his solid efforts this season and probably Frankensteins best game ?? not a high bar though. The rest were somnambulant.

If we were a racehorse they'd be swabbing us after last weeks Group 1 performance. Wouldn't have won a country maiden with todays effort.
The only positive I see is that this match was not lost on skill but motivation, the mental state of this side went from pretty bloody good to pretty bloody **** from the moment that opening try was somehow allowed. We should know that we need to come back stronger after ****ty calls like this rather than letting it bottle up until breaking point. No effort today, led to a high score line against us which made the side enter panic mode for the rest of the 80, green and dce need to learn to calm the side down. Line speed was atrocious, also due to the non-existent motivation and diabolical effort.

It was just one of those games...

It's how mentally weak they can be which is a massive concern. It was there against the Eels just switched off. After 10 mins today when they didn't win the forward battle early, they just gave up.

Hard to find a positive in that steaming pile of manure. Horhay continues his solid efforts this season and probably Frankensteins best game ?? not a high bar though. The rest were somnambulant.

If we were a racehorse they'd be swabbing us after last weeks Group 1 performance. Wouldn't have won a country maiden with todays effort.
Jorge let in two easy tries, so his defense is shyte. :mad:

Well that's the last time i will be getting excited with a few back to back wins (if we even get that far again). Absolutely disgraceful performance from almost everyone today, and if we play like that next week, forget about 40-0, it will be on the closer side of 60-0.

How we go next week could very well determine where our season is actually headed.

I still have faith that they can turn it all around. In my honest opinion either Lewis Brown or Blake Green need to be punted down to Blacktown effective immediately and make way for Hastings.

I still won't write us off next week, but based upon our first 6 games absolutely anything could happen ranging anywhere from diabolically pathetic to scintillatingly superb.

Now i go and crawl into my little hole for a week. :(

Even in our premiership winning years we had games like that. You just burn down Fox Sports HQ so all copies of the game are destroyed and move on.

My concern are the injuries that have come out of it. Hopefully nothing serious but Tapau's rib cartilage is a bitch. Had that training for a fight and it's a 6 week injury. Sneezing makes you wince. Mine would click just walking.

Best thing to do when u get to Lottoland is to play lotto, as u have a better chance of winning than guessing which manly team will run out on the field.

Sometimes ... ya just have a bad day!
And sometimes, that bad day will help fix a few underlying problems.
All I got.

Sometimes ... ya just have a bad day!
And sometimes, that bad day will help fix a few underlying problems.
All I got.

It will take me almost a week to get to your level of thinking.

Funny how both the Roosters and Manly both self imploded after such a high quality game last week.

Even the first controversial try when DCE was held back could have been avoided with some more desperation and intensity.

It was like DCE made the decision that he would be getting a penalty no matter what and he didn't even make the effort to get back when he probably could.

And who was the other player over to the left? Walker or Kelly, whoever it was they saw the whole event unfolding but they just hung back for a breather.

Even in our premiership winning years we had games like that. You just burn down Fox Sports HQ so all copies of the game are destroyed and move on.

My concern are the injuries that have come out of it. Hopefully nothing serious but Tapau's rib cartilage is a bitch. Had that training for a fight and it's a 6 week injury. Sneezing makes you wince. Mine would click just walking.
But rarely a bad game at brookie

I can understand if they play like that for an away game but the last 12 months of games at Brookie have been mostly losses.

The players have no pride in their home ground any more

It will take me almost a week to get to your level of thinking.

Funny how both the Roosters and Manly both self imploded after such a high quality game last week.

Even the first controversial try when DCE was held back could have been avoided with some more desperation and intensity.

It was like DCE made the decision that he would be getting a penalty no matter what and he didn't even make the effort to get back when he probably could.

And who was the other player over to the left? Walker or Kelly, whoever it was they saw the whole event unfolding but they just hung back for a breather.
Yeah, as shocking as the decision was, it did highlight some interesting things about the player's thinking. I agree that DCE was too busy working for the penalty and that was his focus at the time. I also agree he could have gotten to the play the ball if that had been his genuine first priority. It was also interesting to note the other player passively standing there watching it unfold and also Tommy (who was originally there at dummy half) sprint off to be the next ball carrier. Sometimes I guess players get drilled to follow systems and lose touch with the basics.

Bad luck today, we had plenty of enthusiasm but played pretty dumb. As in racing, I think we should just put a line through it> Certainly the ridiculous first try put us in a bad mind space from the get go.
Most of the players had good games except....The STAR fullback...shocking game, but he will learn. He is hooked on those big cut out to the winger...Trent should teach him to use it sparingly.
Look forward to next week, have a great night silvertails!.
BTW: I did not read one post before my comments, so apologies if I repeated anything.

Good to see Darcy back!
DCE... WOW!!!!!!!!!! in 3 games he has become a captain and my God the future is looking so good. What a great exibition of diplomacy and respect toward Badger.
He has really got it all now, CHAMPION
Have fun guys! :clap::clap::clap:

Ruling Explained

https://twitter.com/NRLBunker/status/850606833194500098

giphy.gif

Last edited:
The genuine contenders dont let down their fans down like that...Ummm that was the performance reality check that we all needed...its still 10-14 this yr..the great teams good to bad difference isnt sunshine and daylight like ours..we were at home and the fans deserve better than that bull****..im easing up on posting for a few weeks..not cool

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10