Post-Game Discussion Manly v Dragons [Round 18, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Game Information

Sea Eagles
Vs
Dragons
32 Cbus Super Stadium
16 Jul 2021 19:55
76th minute

Match Stats

From Post #1

FULL TIME SCORE

Manly: 32
Dragons: 18

178091436_10159224269005993_7537879477576178614_n.jpg

Pic: Manly Warringah Sea Eagles Facebook Page

Team Victory Song:

Pressers:

Post Match Interviews: TBA

Match Report:

Match Highlights:

Full Match Replay Link: TBA

Manly Tries:

Game Pics & Video Clips: TBA

Press Print & Video Articles:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am sorry that both this post and Post #1 are so late this week. I usually copy all of the info from Post #1 of this thread for this post but whilst trying to compile all of the info to fill my Post #1 template, my browser kept crashing before I could save it and so, I kept losing everything that goes into the post. After the third attempt at getting it done and the browser crashed again I said stuff it, I'm going to bed and I will try again in the morning. This morning has come and after another two more failed attempts, I finally saved it before it crashed again for the third time and that was only because I had to complete it in dribs and drabs and save each completed bit as I went.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Great job @Jethro

i agree but he has given away 3 tries lately... on form fully fit he probably loses his spot to lawton/sipley...
Keppie has stepped up and I reckon he'd currently be ahead of Toff. He's possibly a little jaded after several games playing very big minutes while Jake has been out. In shorter bursts this year he has showed great aggro and some damaging defence.
Everything can change quickly of course, Sippers is going great guns so we'll be strong either way.

I understand what you must be going through mate, we've got my wife's 95 year old mother living with us and being thrust into blackout for that long would create a life threatening situation, that's a terrible response time, in 2021 you really do have the right to expect more
Well after my 20 Facebook messages to Ausgrid they got the message power was restored at 10:30 am this morning , power of threatening to go to Zali worked they got the message.

Last edited:
Yep mate. I really enjoyed watching at the ground tonight. Three generations of Manly supporters had a great night out at CBus. I am going to watch it again right now. Nothing better then watching Manly win with my father and daughter there with me. Go Manly.
Your dead right full strength we can beat anyone. Any supporter on here right now who doesn't believe that can kiss my maroon and white arse.
Lucky you!

I think we have by far the most underrated backrow in the competition.

Olakau'atu and Schuster are such dynamic players whilst Jake is one of the best at cleaning up around the middle with his work rate and leadership.

I’d say only Penrith and maybe Squeels on their day could rival ours. Exciting to have these guys locked up for the next couple of years.

I think we have by far the most underrated backrow in the competition.

Olakau'atu and Schuster are such dynamic players whilst Jake is one of the best at cleaning up around the middle with his work rate and leadership.

I’d say only Penrith and maybe Squeels on their day could rival ours. Exciting to have these guys locked up for the next couple of years.
Mate you need to update your avatar.

In 2014 I played touch footy against 1990s manly stars.

Cliffy, nevin and beaver ran the same play as the Parker try.

I was defending in the Hunt position, cliffy dummied to beaver who was running inside out, but he passed it to nevin outside in. Nevin was within an arm length of me but scored before I realised what had happened.

Last dragons try. Why was our fullback at lock in the scrum???

No wonder hunt kicked it, nobody was at home. Garrick desperately ran from the scrum to no avail.

Hope we learn from that slip-up.
Fullbacks often lock the scrum when defending. Not sure why.

Anyone see Jakey giving it to Dragon fans last night? Hahaha And Des saying in the microphone tell Jake to stfu ! hahahahahaha
Actually I think, Des was saying get him away, trying to get him away from the fence, he was getting to close and could have broke the bubble rules, outing him for 2 weeks.
I do agree though he iss chomping at the bit to come back.

Had to watch the game on my phone as the whole town has lost power after gale force winds. So I'll probably watch a replay at some stage to get a better view!

I thought Marty had a huge game. We needed to win it up front. Interesting move starting with Sipley. Well done to the whole team, special mention to Cust who was very good. Haumole, Schu, Foran, Lawton, Garrick, Suli, Harper, it really was a great team effort.
Marty has a huge game every week even though the nufties on here must be sleeping for the entire game before they make comments on how we need to ship him out lol.

Davey I'm happy to see come back because in the little time he had to show his wares he was quite impressive but Sirro has had his day, I'm over him starving his outside men and killing our attack with his cutting back inside
Davey is just a players player - out and out footballer. The type that teams thrive on and everyone wants to play with. Not sure if he makes our 17 but will be interesting to see him have a real crack next year. I have a feeling he will surprise us again next year... just like he surprised us this year.

I think keppie is performing a role currently due to an injury crisis in the backrow. If all the backrowers are fit and firing he will switch back to his old role with new confidence.

His motor and defence in the front row makes him an asset if he plays with the same vigour, as he has some skills

I think he will really surprise shen the games spice up at the back end of the season

Can’t believe we beat St George as it’s been a while. They have been a bogey team. Finally cracked them and boy it feels good. I hate the buggers. Yesterday leaving the ground felt good. Turbo, jake, Cherry to return against the tigers. You beauty, I would hate to be in the tigers team next week. Go Manly.

Sometimes time-zones help as I went to sleep without knowing dce was out.

So that took some 'stress' off.

Interesting a commentator said that in the 20 mins after half time, Manly are +88 in points f/a. Guess that's Manly's sweet spot.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8