Post-Game Discussion Manly V Dragons [Round 15, 2024]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Game Information

Sea Eagles
Vs
Dragons
30 4 Pines Park
16 Jun 2024 14:00
80:00 minute

Match Stats

bringbackbeaver

Reserve Grader
Yep , can’t boot hoppa after what he has shown. Smart footy player, tough , fast enough and has some snake like attributes.

Turbo to centres and Gaz spends some time in Reggie’s or he goes to Wing and Talau drops out

Under the Sticks

The spirit of Mooney 🦅
Premium Member
WOW what a win ,amazing with both your starting FRs gone within what 10 mins ,plus other adversity with Reuben ,Duck only able to waddle (see what I did there )
Simpkins great debut
Lehi outstanding
Browny -just said follow me boys
BUlly see above
DCE fantastic
OKa really stepped up
Brooksies D was terrific
Toula D was great and always a threat
Lawto -really tested the defense with his runs
Burbo getting better and to be able to go from SR to center and play terrific is a fantastic attribute for him and the team.
Not a bad player amongst them TBH ,just wish we could catch a few more high balls

I find it incredible that our lightweight pack after the injuries to our starting FRs(big boppers) has seen us win the game. What does that say about the game in general,has it changed to the point where you have FRs more in the Brown/Bully mode as opposed to the Tent/Sipley mode ? Or Maybe a mixture ?
Anyways a win for the ages Go Manly
The wind at Brookie was swirling today which impacted kicks and bomb disposal

Jethro

Star Trekkin' across the universe
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
From Post #1

FULL TIME SCORE

Manly: 30
Dragons: 14

448387415_1067204411504473_5417455018323113353_n.jpg

Pic: Manly Warringah Sea Eagles Facebook Page

448519051_18436764844014453_1244803270605247587_n.jpg

Team Victory Song:

Pressers:

Post Match Interviews:

Match Report:

Game Stats Review:

Match Highlights:

Extended Match Highlights: TBA

Full Match Replay Link: TBA

Manly Tries:

Game Day Pics & Video Clips:

448517929_1067165368175044_613673448189027572_n.jpg

remote.axd

Pic: NRL.com

remote.axd

remote.axd

remote.axd

remote.axd

remote.axd

remote.axd

448626520_1067263178165263_1619632422335041062_n.jpg

Press Print & Video Articles:

Sea Eagles overcome enormous odds to slay hapless Dragons

Sea Eagles Judiciary News:
  • Haumole Olakau'atu was placed 'ON REPORT' by On-Field Referee Peter Gough at Game Time 58:11 and was Penalised for a DANGEROUS TACKLE on Kyle Flanagan.
  • The Match Review Committee will determine which Manly players (if any) are to be charged post-match.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fibro Eagle

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Good gutsy win today
Makes a difference when there is a bit of fire in belly , Thanks to Brown and backed up by bully
Great debut for Manly was Simpkin good call by Seibold to start as it turned out with the injuries
Also Seilbold’s call on Hopoate he could have went the easy way and put Garrick there with Talau at centre and Paulo on the wing , but has paid off big time
Still lots to work on but back in 8 now need to back it up next week then the bye

The Insomniac

Reserve Grader
From Post #1

FULL TIME SCORE

Manly: 30
Dragons: 14

448387415_1067204411504473_5417455018323113353_n.jpg

448519051_18436764844014453_1244803270605247587_n.jpg

Team Victory Song:

Pressers:

Post Match Interviews:

Match Report:

Game Stats Review:

Match Highlights:

Extended Match Highlights: TBA

Full Match Replay Link: TBA

Manly Tries:

Game Day Pics & Video Clips:

448517929_1067165368175044_613673448189027572_n.jpg

remote.axd

remote.axd

remote.axd

remote.axd

remote.axd

remote.axd

remote.axd

448626520_1067263178165263_1619632422335041062_n.jpg

Press Print & Video Articles:

Sea Eagles overcome enormous odds to slay hapless Dragons

Sea Eagles Judiciary News:
  • Haumole Olakau'atu was placed 'ON REPORT' by On-Field Referee Peter Gough at Game Time 58:11 and was Penalised for a DANGEROUS TACKLE on Kyle Flanagan.
  • The Match Review Committee will determine which Manly players (if any) are to be charged post-match.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jurbo was also on report for a hip drop.

Rorz

Have to praise our tireless and gutsy effort especially when we lost a few players early in the first half.
Nathan Brown’s impact was incredible.Luke Brooks played an outstanding game.Jake Simpkins performance was impressive enough to possibly cement his position without being to premature.
We played more like a team that was focused and determined on winning,and that was thoroughly great to see.Despite the dubious refereeing decisions it was an encouraging and promising win.
I’m still not understanding Seibolds thinking in selecting Talua on the wing.He is a centre through and through.Hopoate continues to shine and his position one would think is pretty secure,based on Turbos ongoing injuries.Turbo needs to go to the centres in my book to limit the chance of injury.
We have shown we can play to win from adversity,but we need to see more consistency.Go Manly!

ALinda

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
What a great Sunday arvo at a packed out Brookie, awesome atmosphere and most importantly, a wonderful win. That was probably the gutsiest win we've had in a very long time.

Some accolades to:
Lehi in only his 3rd NRL game and for his age is playing like it was his 33rd game. So glad Seibs has stuck with him at FB
Brown for leading the way by example and played 60 mins
Waddell for coming back on to give Brown a rest and played on one leg
Burbo for slotting in so well at centre for much of the game. I prefer him there than in the 2nd row anyway. (Just hope he's not suspended for the hip drop)
Simpkin for playing 80 mins and making 40 tackles. So good to have a proper hooker.
Brooks, especially his defence and was very happy for him to score his 1st try at Brookie
Bully for giving us much impact up the middle

Thanks to DCE and Haumole for getting us home in the 2nd half. My only negative was the players not coming round for the victory lap, but they were probably exhausted so under the circumstances they're forgiven.

Eagle 1

First Grader
What a great Sunday arvo at a packed out Brookie, awesome atmosphere and most importantly, a wonderful win. That was probably the gutsiest win we've had in a very long time.

Some accolades to:
Lehi in only his 3rd NRL game and for his age is playing like it was his 33rd game. So glad Seibs has stuck with him at FB
Brown for leading the way by example and played 60 mins
Waddell for coming back on to give Brown a rest and played on one leg
Burbo for slotting in so well at centre for much of the game. I prefer him there than in the 2nd row anyway. (Just hope he's not suspended for the hip drop)
Simpkin for playing 80 mins and making 40 tackles. So good to have a proper hooker.
Brooks, especially his defence and was very happy for him to score his 1st try at Brookie
Bully for giving us much impact up the middle

Thanks to DCE and Haumole for getting us home in the 2nd half. My only negative was the players not coming round for the victory lap, but they were probably exhausted so under the circumstances they're forgiven.
Perfect summation ALinda.

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
It's not even 1.30am.... why are you all in bed? lol

I'm going to watch the replay today but it was good hearing the crowd on the abc radio telecast.

Especially everyone giving it to the ref at half-time.

30-14...!

MW66

Reserve Grader
When Nathan Brown came on the whole tempo lifter. This guy is just a footballer. It is not only his 'bench fence' running but also his ball play and defence - he cuts them like Jake.

Agree he is a week to week proposition and when he warms up he looks like he can hardly run, however he gets on the field and rips in. he also rarely settles on the bench and walks the sideline wired. Has he 2 more years in him? God I hope so as he provides a point of difference for the team.

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18
15 8 7 -8 18
14 7 7 -50 18
14 7 7 -79 18
15 7 7 28 17