Game Day: Manly v Dragons [Round 15, 2018]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Our inability to stop their offloads is as bad as our arm geab tackles :swear:

Great AFL take by Kels and even better ball and all tackle near the end :clap:
Yep. That is what is getting us undone. We have contained them fine when we wrap up the ball, when they off load our defence line opens up, wholes everywhere. No inside cover defence. Not working hard enough

Barrett is a dud.
Plain and simple.

T. Wright should have been given a proper crack long before this.
Taking the 2 and then having 2 tries put on us back to back, two weeks running. Learn the lesson you cuck.
Endlessly putting the ball into touch tactic, which then leads to a 7 tackle set, costing another try.

It’s embarrasing. How you could identify a young player like Croker with limited skills and declare him a certain starter for the year is beyond comprehension. Both of them are similar age and experience.Tom Wright has more talent in his left toe than Croker. Let Tom learn. As for the kicking tactics .. I’ve had enough of this coach. It’s a joke.

Last edited:
34 miss tackles not good enough
58-41 in possession dragons way don't have the stat
But dragons play the ball in our 20 must be up to 20-30 while us no more than 10 if best
We score first we are in this but dragons score watch our heads drop
Dragons by 14-18 points

Barrett is a dud.
Plain and simple.

T. Wright should have been given a proper crack long before this.
Taking the 2 and then having 2 tries put on us back to back, two weeks running. Learn the lesson you cuck.
Endlessly putting the ball into touch tactic, which then leads to a 7 tackle set, costing another try.
2 points is not going to beat the dragons who have the best attack in the comp.

This negative play started about 3 weeks ago. Kicking into touch and going for 2

I cant believe there persisting with the kick into touch. WTF! And Uate getting caught at centre, still shoots out of the line. How many Jersey grabs did Taufua have at Sims? The only shining lights were Matt Wright, he was good in the middle while he was there. And young Tom Wright.

You could argue Tom W was partly at fault for the try from dummy half

That is the thing with kids....they need experience

Didn't need that before half time. We look dangerous with the ball but when dragons off load our defence line staggers and holes open up everywhere
Been the same issue all year - if we hang onto the ball we can do some damage, but we can't defend for sh*t.
Always the same story with this team: an energetic start, look like we're playing with purpose, then the penalties and possession start to go against us and we fall in a heap. A big, steaming heap to be exact.

And we take the 2 with 40% possession.
Keep the ball and try for repeat sets and get some fkn ball.

We will never beat the Dragons 8-6 in a grinding game.
Tactically poor, again.
You know this has happened a few games this season..then we like tonight don't see the ball for another 10-15 minutes in good attacking position.
On a positive note you can see Joel Thompson is having a real dig against his old side..love his aggression.
Still think dragons will pull away this game win something like 32-14

For me no getting repeat sets has been our biggest killer this year. Last year we were the best at it.

With our attack we only need a few repeat sets to score but we never get the chance

Yep the negative tactics are infuriating.That and the fact we can only score from individual brilliance, never a nice team try. One of the best efforts this year by T Wright...Ponga would have been proud of that effort

Been saying that since Barrett became our coach. Most of our tries since 2016 have been individual efforts. Team tries have been few and far between with Manly.

The only team tries we seem to see, and its been rare this year, is when DCE and the Turbo brothers have teamed up on a break. Other than that its been efforts like Tom Wright's.

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11
10 4 6 15 10
10 5 5 -13 10