Game Day: Manly v Dragons [Round 15, 2018]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

HappilyManly

Journey Man

IMG_20180616_170801.jpg

Match Officials:
Referees: Jon Stone, Alan Shortall;
Sideline Officials: Michael Wise, Adam Cassidy;
Video Referees: Luke Patten, Ben Cummins;

Win Big Manly :party:

IMG_20180616_192829.jpg

Last edited:
Interesting match for sure. I look forward to watching us play without the excruciating tension that comes from expectation.
Having said that, I still expect us to win!
It's a time of year for top teams to back off a little and the strugglers (like us) to have a little flurry of action with a view to next year, before falling away again at the end of the season. Therefore we should win today. @:mad:
Go Manly

@Sue .... not justifying or agreeing with it .... but .... could the inexplicable tactic of kicking out last week have any thing to do with having M.Wright at hooker .... he is obviously not as fit to play non stop like a regular hooker ... and the break may be for his benefit ..??

PSS we'll flog 'em .....

The Dragons have of course been a more consistent and better performed side then Manly this season to date but when there is a comparison of these teams today on paper , there really is not that much separating them on an individual level . Every chance that if Manly can aim up in defence this arvo and up their tacking tempo , they could just make a game of it and be more then competitive . Question again and as in recent time, is can our halves lift or [ in D C E "s case ] be motivated enough to produce even close to their best level again . Don"t think that there would be a question of Matty Wright "s capacity to be able to cope with the work load while he is on there , just dumb kicking options last week and also as against the Cowboys and it is going to be another tough day at the office if this can not be improved on today . Looks like Tom Wright will finally get his opportunity to came on to play in a position which should give him some scope to show his wares , better late then never for this season . If the Manly forwards stand up , D C E in particular can get most of his mojo back and they can start to use Tom T again more effectively , could be in for at least some reasonable chance of an upset .

If the bulldogs win ( playing Titans at belmore before our game ) and we lose by 22 or more we will end the night 15th Place..a real possibility.

Think we will go ok for around 20 minutes then dragons will click final score
34-10 dragons winning

Maybe. Who knows Woodsie.Generally against the big Warrior forwards teams want to keep the ball in play but they are a different side this year. So much fitter and mobile. It was a definite plan so must have been a reason behind it.This week will be telling because if we do it again and lose badly for the 3rd week there will need to be an explanation.

I can sort of understand it a little against the Warriors because their wingers are great returners but the cowboys wingers are not in that style so who knows. But you should never do it when chasing points regardless.

Looking forward to this game. I like watching the dragons and keen to see if we finally say enough is enough and see Tom Wright get a run. Good luck to the lad.

Maybe. Who knows Woodsie.Generally against the big Warrior forwards teams want to keep the ball in play but they are a different side this year. So much fitter and mobile. It was a definite plan so must have been a reason behind it.This week will be telling because if we do it again and lose badly for the 3rd week there will need to be an explanation.

I can sort of understand it a little against the Warriors because their wingers are great returners but the cowboys wingers are not in that style so who knows. But you should never do it when chasing points regardless.

Looking forward to this game. I like watching the dragons and keen to see if we finally say enough is enough and see Tom Wright get a run. Good luck to the lad.

M.Wright at hooker again .... so we may see more "rests" ....

M.Wright at hooker again .... so we may see more "rests" ....

That would be the key to fine tuning this out of tune piano of a team. No sorry, that would be wrests.

Oh I see...you believe there may be more one on one strips. No...that would be to wrest the ball from his grasp.

Ahh...now I get it. You mean to distort the meaning or interpretation of (something) to suit one's own interests or views. That's very archaic!

Mmmmm, cake!

Interesting match for sure. I look forward to watching us play without the excruciating tension that comes from expectation.
Having said that, I still expect us to win!
It's a time of year for top teams to back off a little and the strugglers (like us) to have a little flurry of action with a view to next year, before falling away again at the end of the season. Therefore we should win today. @:mad:
Go Manly
We won't win. However no one will be able to fault our effort and we just need to keep working hard at training. *copy/paste

U punters out there give me some tips how we gonna profit on a loss today. I know Dragons 13+ is a given but I wanna multi that up with first tryscorer. Ta

That would be the key to fine tuning this out of tune piano of a team. No sorry, that would be wrests.

Oh I see...you believe there may be more one on one strips. No...that would be to wrest the ball from his grasp.

Ahh...now I get it. You mean to distort the meaning or interpretation of (something) to suit one's own interests or views. That's very archaic!

Mmmmm, cake!

I can honestly say that I did not understand one word of that post ...... but hold that thought anyway because there is a game afoot ...

The good mail or late mail from @Snake and @smithy is that Hodko will be #9 and Tom W. at #6 ....... so disregard all I have said previously ....

Mmmmm, cake!
The rest of us can only ponder , i rest my case

Sooo....Manly by 50 :D.
I'm on the GC. It's a beautiful clear day and I'm driving to the hinterland with family. Too beautiful to stay inside. Hopefully there's no phone reception for me to sneak onto the app.
Play strong and don't give up. 13 v 1 is a big ask.
Go Manly!

Uh oh. Got the match time wrong. It will be dark by 5;30 and we'll be off the mountain. Phone reception won't be a problem.

To watch or not to watch: That is the question:

Doubt thou the stars are fire;
Doubt that the sun doth move;
Doubt truth to be a liar;
But never doubt I love...... Manly Sea Eagles.

GO MANLY! You can all come to my place for drinks and karaoke if you win.

Mmmmm, cake!
More tiresome word play, give it a rest will you please, Moz?

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
9 6 3 57 14
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 4 5 -16 8