Game Day: Manly v Dragons [Round 14, 2019]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Very light but steady rain sunce late last night, even chance of afternoon coastal storms and hail :eek:

Manly Mudders to win BIG :party:

images

Manly has now cleared and it looks like the deluge is headed NE.

Roads between Harris Farms and DY are under water but it should drain by 2pm.

Manly should cancel Flegg to save the Brookie surface :wait:
Think there is more rain on the way today
I agree jersey flegg needs to not be played to protect surface.
Don’t like our chances today , us by 6 but with no confidence at all.

Typical. Why does it rain everytime we get a Sunday arvo home game. Will suit the Goons game better than us. Their kicking game will pin us down. Goons x 8.

Dear Manly,
Foolishly, we agreed to mind two puppy labradoodles this weekend. I know a win from you cannot fix the gaping hole that has been dug in the backyard, or the consequent mud traipsed all through the house, or the lack of sleep due to their constant exuberant playing - but please dear God, get this win for me. It will help. Believe me.
Go Manly!!!

Dear Manly,
Foolishly, we agreed to mind two puppy labradoodles this weekend. I know a win from you cannot fix the gaping hole that has been dug in the backyard, or the consequent mud traipsed all through the house, or the lack of sleep due to their constant exuberant playing - but please dear God, get this win for me. It will help. Believe me.
Go Manly!!!

Yay

Puppies! :)

:inlove:

The game is on 'here' at 9pm so you may be blessed cursed with my presence.

Didn't we have a member who used to support us until she went out with someone from St George? Had the cherry ripe sign? I wonder if she's returned to the light?

Manly Warringah Sea Eagles has finalised its team to play St George-Illawarra Dragons today in round 14 of the Jersey Flegg Cup.

The match kicks off at Lottoland at 11.45am. The Dragons sit in sixth place with the Sea Eagles in 13th place.

Acting Head Coach Shane Sultana has named Keith Titmuss (pictured) as captain.

Manly team
1 Keegan Turner

2 Simon Tito

3 Ben Trbojevic

4 Kees Nicholson

5 Max Lehmann

6 Hyrum Wichmann

7 Jamie Lawler

8 Michael Fenn

14 Tyran Ott

10 Keith Titmuss (c)

11 Kyle Cassel

18 Mosese Faemani

13 Jacob Sykes

Interchange

15 Matthew Hammond

16 Zac Sadler

17 Sione Fainu

22 Zac Fulton

https://www.seaeagles.com.au/news/2019/06/16/jersey-flegg-late-mail/

I like the look of the team and I think with who we actually have available right now its the best 17 we can put on the park.

Jetski, Paseka and Boyle do need to step things up though because we lose too much when AFB and Marty are subbed off. When Sipley was playing, combined with Waddell we weren't losing that much up the middle (do we get Corey back next week?), but currently the momentum is dying off sharply with the bench forwards which is why I think Des has been leaving AFB on for longer minutes lately.

The one I really want to see step up is Paseka. I think he has a higher ceiling than Boyle and not just because he's 3cm taller. I know its becoming an overused term with him, but he really needs to put more aggression into his game. I mean, the guy is a giant and the only player bigger than him in the NRL is Nelson Alphabet from the Storm, and you see what more aggressive play has done for his game. Taniela needs to release the hounds, let loose the raging bull. He needs to get mean. Jorge currently hits harder than him and Jorge is about half his bloody size.

You know something? Hoodoo schmoodoo (or is that I love the Hoodoo Gurus singer? Go on, say that without imagining The 12th Man lol), we can win this and win this well.

Whilst i agree in concept with the Nelson comparison you have to remember Nelson only started playing good consistent footy last year in his 5th season nad has played 90 games, Paseka is in his second with just 15 games. Last year Paseka had a few rippers off the bench but was very inconsistent (as expected for a 20 year old prop) but he has gone backwards this year unfortunately. Personally I think he will come good with more experience.

Is anyone of you silvertails that bloke at brookie every match who starts the Manly chant? I hear him every game very distinctive voice very passionate hahaha and i shall hear him again today

there are a few actually, one in the Jane Try stand that your hear on TV and a few on the hill in different areas.

I have confidence in both Boyle and Paseka growing into very good props .... I think we tend to be a bit harsh on our young forwards at times ... it is hard school and both these blokes are still apprentices .....

6-4 dragons 21 minutes into first half in Jersey flegg

Last edited:
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8