GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

58 18
4 Pines Park
09 Jun 2023 08:00 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd prefer Garrick and Tui swap positions. Garrick is far superior as a winger (catching, positional play, turning and chasing, etc.) and Tui is a more suited to the robust nature of playing in the centres; he has experience playing there too. It won't happen but yeah, that's my two bobs worth.
Yep I agree entirely. Not sure how his defence would go in the centres cause it’s pretty pivotal, but body shape certainly suits centre. Garrick is a far better winger as you say.

It won't happen but this variation gives us a lot more balance in the forwards and potentially more middle forward metres and momentum off the bench. It also gives us GCKT sharing the dummy half role with Croker......
It's time for Seibold to make that move. Let's do it this week.

1. Tom Trbojevic
2. Jason Saab
3. Tolu Koula
4. Reuben Garrick
5. Christian Tuipulotu
6. Josh Schuster
7. Daly Cherry-Evans
8. Taniela Paseka
9. Lachlan Croker
10. Toafofoa Sipley
11. Haumole Olakau’atu
12. Samuela Fainu
14. Karl Lawton

22. Gordon Chan Kum Tong
13. Sean Keppie
15. Josh Aloiai
16. Ethan Bullemor

18. Kaeo Weekes

17. Ben Condon
19. Raymond Tuaimalo Vaega
20. Jake Arthur
21. Dean Matterson

Last edited:
I like the team that we have named for Friday night’s game although I’d feel a whole lot better if Jake was fit to play. The Dolphins side named still looks like it would be competitive.

I bought two tickets in the Bob Fulton stand. It will be my first time checking this part of the ground out and I’m hoping to celebrate it with a good win

I'd prefer Garrick and Tui swap positions. Garrick is far superior as a winger (catching, positional play, turning and chasing, etc.) and Tui is a more suited to the robust nature of playing in the centres; he has experience playing there too. It won't happen but yeah, that's my two bobs worth.
Better for my SuperCoach team too.

It won't happen but this variation gives us a lot more balance in the forwards and potentially more middle forward metres and momentum off the bench. It also gives us GCKT sharing the dummy half role with Croker......
It's time for Seibold to make that move. Let's do it this week.

1. Tom Trbojevic
2. Jason Saab
3. Tolu Koula
4. Reuben Garrick
5. Christian Tuipulotu
6. Josh Schuster
7. Daly Cherry-Evans
8. Taniela Paseka
9. Lachlan Croker
10. Toafofoa Sipley
11. Haumole Olakau’atu
12. Samuela Fainu
14. Karl Lawton

22. Gordon Chan Kum Tong
13. Sean Keppie
15. Josh Aloiai
16. Ethan Bullemor

18. Kaeo Weekes

17. Ben Condon
19. Raymond Tuaimalo Vaega
20. Jake Arthur
21. Dean Matterson

Lawton is gassed playing 30 mins every week. He is also made of porcelain.

It's either him or Kum Tong for me.

I think we will absolutely smash the dolphins on Friday night. I seriously think we will win big.
I look at the team sheets and how short we are in the odds, but unfortunately I don’t see a big win. If we win, it’ll be by a bees dick I reckon.Everyone keeps underestimating the Dolphins. They got some out. But the ones that are key (Bromwich brothers, JMK, Katoa, the Hammer) are there.
And which Tommy do we get. The one who busted his arse to get into the Blues side, or the Tommy that played in the Blues side. MIA for mine.
@JenEagle ignore my pessimism. It’s been a shiit cpl of days. Stick with your optimism.

My thoughts as well, Tui makes me nervous defending of the wing. I feel we have weakened 2 positions. Garrick is an out and out try scoring winger. Doesn't make sense at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Assuming the team plays as per jersey numbers, I think left is Koula's preferred side and he should receive more early ball from Schuster. Also, I think right is Garrick's preferred side as centre. As a more senior player, he will demand early ball from DCE. Also, I think his presence on the right will enhance Olakau'atu & Saab's games.

Last edited:
After a few weeks in the internet wilderness , I’m back for this game , then gone again for a few more weeks.

That usually means some wins , but hasn’t worked like that this year !

#DownPhins

I look at the team sheets and how short we are in the odds, but unfortunately I don’t see a big win. If we win, it’ll be by a bees dick I reckon.Everyone keeps underestimating the Dolphins. They got some out. But the ones that are key (Bromwich brothers, JMK, Katoa, the Hammer) are there.
And which Tommy do we get. The one who busted his arse to get into the Blues side, or the Tommy that played in the Blues side. MIA for mine.
@JenEagle ignore my pessimism. It’s been a shiit cpl of days. Stick with your optimism.
Can you imagine posting this about those Fins players 12mths ago?

FMD Tuipolotu on the wing. Osaka guaranteed a hat trick. We name Vaega on the bench. In one game against Melbourne he showed more ticker and smarts than poor old Tui has over the past 18 months. Garrick in the centre. Again defensively quite naive. I would prefer Harper at centre and Garrick on teh wing. Dolphins will be targeting Tui/Garrick all night long. Has the feel of the Parra game where we had no problem scoring points but leaked points like a sieve.

After a few weeks in the internet wilderness , I’m back for this game , then gone again for a few more weeks.

That usually means some wins , but hasn’t worked like that this year !

#DownPhins
1686099491071.png

FMD Tuipolotu on the wing. Osaka guaranteed a hat trick. We name Vaega on the bench. In one game against Melbourne he showed more ticker and smarts than poor old Tui has over the past 18 months. Garrick in the centre. Again defensively quite naive. I would prefer Harper at centre and Garrick on teh wing. Dolphins will be targeting Tui/Garrick all night long. Has the feel of the Parra game where we had no problem scoring points but leaked points like a sieve.
I stopped reading when you mentioned Harper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
2 2 0 36 4
2 2 0 26 4
2 2 0 23 4
2 2 0 19 4
2 2 0 12 4
2 1 1 13 2