Pre-Game Manly v Dolphins [Round 15, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

58 18
4 Pines Park
09 Jun 2023 08:00 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
And yet Flegler going was the one they were bitching and moaning about wondering how he could be binned for that.

I mean, Tom only ended up with a Category 1 HIA. Ponga, a player with multiple recent concussion issues ... didn't even have to go for a HIA assessment.
No point Whinging and making excuses feathered friends
Excuses never amount to anything great

Anything that can will go wrong against us all

Its called the bad luck of the bad draw

We see it every week against every team

Adversity is part of the game
Character that over comes Adversity and prevails is part of a great team culture and the great Maroon team culture is a great and inspirational example

Queensland have done it again.
Backs to the wall, down a man and down on the scoreboard, the Maroons have pulled off an enormous boilover which leaves the side a win away from wrapping up another series win.
The Maroons were down 18-16 with 12 minutes to go when prop Tom Flegler was sin binned for a high shot on Blues centre Tom Trbojevic.

Blues great Andrew Johns said he didn’t think it was even a penalty.

When it was revealed to be a sin bin, he was incredulous: “Surely not.”

For most sides, it would spell the death knell — but not Queensland.

Two tries while down to 12 men has seen the Maroons claim the 26-18 win in game one in Adelaide.

That doesn’t tell the whole tale of the courageous fight back.
They did it with the forward pack having been out on their feet for most of the second half after Tom Gilbert dislocated his shoulder early in the match.

David Fifita was also taken from the field for a HIA. In the frenetic final minutes with the Queensland side making repairs on the run, Fifita and Ben Hunt both spent time defending at left centre.

They still found a way.

Tries to Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow, who made the most of Blues skipper James Tedesco sliding on the greasy surface, and Cameron Munster, who supported prop Lindsay Collins after he outjumped his club teammate Tedesco, sealed a famous win.

No more excuses as we will end up like the North Sydney Bears who were full of them and failed

Mate, I'm not the one hoping for a half baked Dolphins side to bring them back to the field for us? They are the merchant's, not me. Anyways, is what it is.
Good to see ya back mate. Good the bad and the ugly!

Back on topic, whilst we are shafted by injury, I’m happy playing others under strength as well. Ordinarily I prefer we play teams fully fit. That said, if we can’t beat Dwayne Bennett fins at home, even with a few out, there ain’t much hope for us. I think we’ll win convincingly tho.

Good to see ya back mate. Good the bad and the ugly!

Back on topic, whilst we are shafted by injury, I’m happy playing others under strength as well. Ordinarily I prefer we play teams fully fit. That said, if we can’t beat Dwayne Bennett fins at home, even with a few out, there ain’t much hope for us. I think we’ll win convincingly tho.

I agree. We have definitely had our share of outs so why not a level playing field.

No point Whinging and making excuses feathered friends
Excuses never amount to anything great

Anything that can will go wrong against us all

Its called the bad luck of the bad draw

We see it every week against every team

Adversity is part of the game
Character that over comes Adversity and prevails is part of a great team culture and the great Maroon team culture is a great and inspirational example

Queensland have done it again.
Backs to the wall, down a man and down on the scoreboard, the Maroons have pulled off an enormous boilover which leaves the side a win away from wrapping up another series win.
The Maroons were down 18-16 with 12 minutes to go when prop Tom Flegler was sin binned for a high shot on Blues centre Tom Trbojevic.

Blues great Andrew Johns said he didn’t think it was even a penalty.

When it was revealed to be a sin bin, he was incredulous: “Surely not.”

For most sides, it would spell the death knell — but not Queensland.

Two tries while down to 12 men has seen the Maroons claim the 26-18 win in game one in Adelaide.

That doesn’t tell the whole tale of the courageous fight back.
They did it with the forward pack having been out on their feet for most of the second half after Tom Gilbert dislocated his shoulder early in the match.

David Fifita was also taken from the field for a HIA. In the frenetic final minutes with the Queensland side making repairs on the run, Fifita and Ben Hunt both spent time defending at left centre.

They still found a way.

Tries to Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow, who made the most of Blues skipper James Tedesco sliding on the greasy surface, and Cameron Munster, who supported prop Lindsay Collins after he outjumped his club teammate Tedesco, sealed a famous win.
200.gif

Listening to Dave Riccio this morning on SEN, he said a decision on the Turbo concussion appeal is expected today. Said its based on the fact that medical staff at the ground deemed it a category 2, as did Manly Dr Paul Bloomfield who actually came up with the category symptoms when he was Chief Medical Officer at the NRL.

Listening to Dave Riccio this morning on SEN, he said a decision on the Turbo concussion appeal is expected today. Said its based on the fact that medical staff at the ground deemed it a category 2, as did Manly Dr Paul Bloomfield who actually came up with the category symptoms when he was Chief Medical Officer at the NRL.
Sounds like sone positive news to start my Monday morning. Gee I hope we get a good outcome on this.

According to a Fox Sports league employee (not Buzz) with links to our assistant coach, I am reliably informed that Turbo is playing Friday.
Awesome news if true, if they deemed Toms category as a 2 why did they say it was a cat 1 10min after he left the field. wow, talk about miscommunication.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4