Pre-Game Manly v Dolphins [Round 15, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

58 18
4 Pines Park
09 Jun 2023 08:00 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we only lose 1 more game this year, we are 50/50 to win the comp!!!
Yeah I dont get the logic.

Maybe he means another loss against the Dolphins and season over?

Or a loss in our next few?

Sure not one more loss this season

Dolphins Tom Gilbert will be missing for up to 3 months after hurting his shoulder in Origin. The Hammer is not named for this weekend so we'll have to contend with him at least, but Gilbert's absence helps Manly a bit, he's a good player.

I think Wayne has rarely been seen at Brookie. I presume he has at least coached there a couple of times but may not be too many, and his record may not be too daunting. Probably mostly as coach of dragons or Knights?

‘The Battle of the Lifeless Mannequins.’
thunderbird GIF

After Turbo slipped taking the kick off in tonight's Origin, he basically camped himself out on the NSW right edge (mostly centre, sometimes wing) for 68 minutes and looked fairly disinterested in doing much more than that, only taking the odd hit up here and there and having nowhere near the involvement that his previous Origins produced. He wasn't moving all that freely behind play either.

So maybe the 11 day break he's going to get might not be a bad thing in that if he did pick up a niggle, he doesn't have to back up this weekend or next as it now turns out. Bummer for us, but he might need it for more than just a head knock.
If he gets picked for SOO2 then it'll be a 22 day break. 3 weeks off no football.

If he gets picked for SOO2 then it'll be a 22 day break. 3 weeks off no football.

Fittler will pick him.

Funny thing about Flegler hitting Tom on Wednesday. The same commentators who couldn't believe that he was sent to the bin for that were the same ones who loved that Koula got sent to the bin for exactly the same thing against the Knights just a few days earlier.

Fittler will pick him.

Funny thing about Flegler hitting Tom on Wednesday. The same commentators who couldn't believe that he was sent to the bin for that were the same ones who loved that Koula got sent to the bin for exactly the same thing against the Knights just a few days earlier.
Only thing was that Koula's was nothing like Fleglers and shouldn't have been a sin bin at all.

I couldn’t see either of them as a bin, penalty sufficent

Unfortunately its the way of the NRL these days. Shoulder contacts head, automatic sin bin.

But the fact that Ponga got to stay on after Koula's hit shows its no longer an automatic HIA, which IMO it should be. If a hit to the head, even accidental, is sufficient to be put on report and/or in the bin, it should be an auto HIA. We've seen the independent doctor drag players off 2, 3, 4 tackles later or even in the next set for a HIA even when players show no signs of concussion.

The fact that Ponga, a player with very recent concussion issues, wasn't taken for a HIA despite getting hit high 3 times against us shows just how selective the HIA rule is being used.

Big outs for the fins today, to their credit they never really gave up, Milf’s bin cost them (2 tries) can’t say the result was surprising considering,

No Hammer
No Gilbert
No Marshall-King (started with Wallace @ DH)
No Kafusi
Kodi to FB
Playing in NZ

They we’re gone 5 mins into the second half, they looked completely gassed, hopefully their season is starting to catch up with them, back to back losses now and some big outs, we’ll be fresh and with our season on the line, even with our outs, we should beat them, if we lose at home under the circumstance, I think it will be a long ugly run home.

Last edited:
We need Dean Matterson at lock to go deep into the line and create momentum around the ruck not a prop forward taking the ball up the middle and slowing everything down
also Jake Toby adding that much needed zip that is completely missing from the first grade team and on the bench GCKT to add spark from dummy half in certain stages of the match he does needs to tackle the big powerful opposition players around the legs though Josh Stuckey wouldn’t look out of place in the team either

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4