Manly v Des.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Im not a Des fan anymore after he walked out on us. And I didn't want him back. But I despise Penn with a passion. Please sell Mr Penn, you have no real passion for this great club. We have achieved f#ck all under your ownership...just go

Twenty got paid without going to court so twenty is smarter than Des.
Let that sink in.

NRL 2023: How Manly Sea Eagles plan to fight against former coach Des Hasler in court​

The Sea Eagles are in the midst of a courtroom brawl with one of their club legends. We reveal the claims the Sea Eagles are set to make against their former coach Des Hasler.

by Michael Carayannis

Manly are preparing to subpoena phone records, emails and text messages to back up a bombshell claim that former coach Des Hasler insisted the team should wear the pride jersey which eventually brought about his undoing.

The Sea Eagles and club icon Hasler are now in the midst of a bitter courtroom brawl with the two-time premiership winning coach taking legal action against Manly after he was sacked last year.

This masthead has obtained explosive information which will form part of Manly’s defence after Hasler commenced legal action in the NSW Supreme Court, which is set to get underway on October 20, more than 12 months after he first forecast his intention to sue.

They include;

– The Manly board claiming it wanted to scrap the pride jersey in the days leading up to their round 20 clash against the Sydney Roosters on July 28 last year. According to a confidential source, the Sea Eagles board suggested to Hasler they should return to their regular home uniform pending more detailed discussions surrounding the jersey. Manly will claim that Hasler insisted to the board the players who wanted to stand down should do so and they should wear the rainbow-inspired jersey.

– The Sea Eagles will allege Hasler ‘bullied’ the board into wearing the jersey and he would happily replace the players should they stand down. Seven players boycotted the game.

– Manly’s legal team will also suggest there was a split playing between players Hasler is alleged to have favoured and those that he didn’t.

– The Sea Eagles will claim acting chief executive Gary Wolman offered to attend the press conference before the game, alongside Hasler and skipper Daly Cherry-Evans. Manly will allege that Hasler told Wolman not to come. It was here Hasler pointed the blame directly towards club bosses, labelling the handling of the situation as “poor management”.

– The board were shocked Hasler claimed he had no prior knowledge of the jersey despite his direct report and others in the football department having known for month. “Des was such a micro manager,” a Sea Eagles source said. “It would be incredible that he didn’t know.” Hasler has long claimed he was unaware of the club’s intentions to wear the jersey.

Manly are prepared to blow everything wide open and will request the phone records, emails and text messages of Hasler as well as key staff to determine who knew what during the club’s pride jersey fiasco.

Hasler’s contract was filled with performance based extension clauses. A top four finish in 2021 meant he had a deal for this year. However, the Sea Eagles needed a top six finish in 2022 to trigger a 2024 contract.

Hasler is seeking compensation after his contract was terminated in October last year with a year to run.

The Sea Eagles were in ninth prior to their round 20 clash against the Roosters. They failed to win another game to slump to 11th on the premiership ladder before Hasler was sacked.

It is understood Hasler had a termination agreement in his contract at Manly of at least six months pay but delayed accepting the payout figure as it kept the door open for legal action. The parties had been trying to reach an out-of-court settlement.

The legal fight comes as Hasler prepares to return to coaching with the Gold Coast Titans after joining the club on a three-year deal.

Hasler has been meeting Titans players in the background and will officially take charge of the club when they return to training in November.

Hasler looks set to head to court for the second time to sue a club for damages – he took the Bulldogs to the Supreme Court after being sacked by the club at the end of 2017. They reached an out-of-court settlement after Hasler wanted his $2.4 million contract paid out.

Looks like Des may be trying to simply gain a 12 months payout amount [ or maybe even more ] instead of the previously or apparent contract arrangement termination of six months .
Then to tie this over to Nov the first this year and when his Titans contract will presumably cut in then.
Maybe again just could be a possible intention but also , .might be a bit problematic trying to use the Pride jersey saga as a justification , bit hard to pin or attribute all or most of the responsibility onto club officials at the time .
Six months termination payout seems more then fair considering Des has had zero input to the club since leaving and moving on again

by Michael Carayannis

This masthead has obtained explosive information
Leaking this sort of dubious guff really calls Mestrov's judgment into question. How on earth does any of it reflect other than terribly on the club? Run your court case but putting this out to the media... really?

Manly officials probably just trying to expediate the process or agitating more for an out of court settlement and to raise the stakes a bit by going public with those type of claims or their version of details .
Pretty sure that most people Manly inclined or not have just moved on from the jersey gate matter .
What"s done is done and from a public perspective again maybe just a peripheral type matter with any issues continuing with Des and the club

Manly officials probably just trying to expediate the process or agitating more for an out of court settlement and to raise the stakes a bit by going public with those type of claims or their version of details .
Pretty sure that most people Manly inclined or not have just moved on from the jersey gate matter .
What"s done is done and from a public perspective again maybe just a peripheral type matter with any issues continuing with Des and the club
Yes but.. but ... those claims make the club look worse!

As for Des, he'll stand on his record in the game and none of this stuff will have much impact on him, or how he is regarded in league or even the wider community, he's earned respect over the years. Penn hasn't. Just seems stupid for the club to think there is any benefit in agitating this crap in the media.

Oh well, maybe Penn has his influencer consultants or something, who know better than I. But it's certainly not what I want to read in a story about Manly.

Yes but.. but ... those claims make the club look worse!

As for Des, he'll stand on his record in the game and none of this stuff will have much impact on him, or how he is regarded in league or even the wider community, he's earned respect over the years. Penn hasn't. Just seems stupid for the club to think there is any benefit in agitating this crap in the media.

Oh well, maybe Penn has his influencer consultants or something, who know better than I. But it's certainly not what I want to read in a story about Manly.
Fair enough points but what if some or even the majority of the claims are accurate or have some reasonable basis of credibility ..Guess that the sooner and from their perspective they can be given an opportunity to state their case either publicly or in the legal sphere , the better
Anyway no doubt or maybe will be put under some scrutiny soon .
Could be a bit of cat and mouse tactics or antics going on at the moment but sure that every club goes through some similar situations too from time to time ,.
Des certainly seems to have more then his share of controversy on these matters however for no doubt a range of reasons

If, as the club seems to be saying, DESpicable knew about the Pride jersey and sanctioned its wearing then this will change a lot of peoples' opinions, including mine.
I've always been critical of the club over its decision to introduce a Pride jersey. To me this was just a dumb marketing ploy and it should wear the SNAFU 100%. However, if DESpicable knew about the idea "for months', as claimed, and condoned it then he should wear 50% of the blame. His claim for compensation appears to be simply a grab for money. I don't know DESpicable but others tell me he values money a little too highly.
Let's hope this matter does get to court and we hear evidence from each party so that we can make up our minds based on evidence and not scuttlebutt. It's a real cop out when such matters get settled out of court and all we are left with is speculation and conspiracy theories.

If this goes to court and we ( Manly football club lose) this will not only demonstrate beyond all doubt for everyone to see Penns ineptitude but also damage the club further…
Gee, I hope this is being driven from Des’s alleged money hungry greed and not upon legitimate grievances…

Attachments

• IMG_8008.jpeg
    IMG_8008.jpeg
    6.7 KB · Views: 1
Oh Des.......Des will settle out of court.. he didn't trigger the 6 months severance pay clause because hes thinking he will get 2 years worth plus damages.. but if true and the club has hard evidence that Des knew and condoned the Pride round fiasco then he probably can't be blaming that as the reason he didn't make the 8 and trigger his contact extention.
Its also only going to take 1 or 2 players to step up as witnesses even if its just in written submission to back the club, simple statements like .. he knew all about the Pride round..he told club management he would handle it... he didn't care if players didn't want to play..blah blah..
From what it seems Des is basing his case around the Pride round and how that issue caused the teams collapse and he had no control over it, hence he lost the dressing room and couldn't trigger his automatic contact extention.
Also seems like his blaming the club for him having to front the media and try to "put out the fire" and this caused him stress to the point he couldn't coach the group
... yes this would have been stressful on him or anyone for that matter, but if it's true he rejected club managements offer to front the media as he wanted to handle it...... then this again won't look great for him.
Hes a Manly legend and i want to remember him for that but this may leave a strain.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
9 6 3 57 14
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 4 5 -16 8