Manly v Cronulla Round 21, 2018. Pre-Game

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
mutts .. as in not full breed .... as in low born ....... as in 2nd rate .... as is Cronulla and all the mutts that live there .....

You should save that... It's the second, possibly third time I've seen you have to use it!

Manly Daily today

Eagles in tears
Players reveal how pain will be motivation for rest of season

Jon Geddes

image.ashx

Devastated Sea Eagles star Dylan Walker at fulltime in Saturday’s loss to the Panthers. Picture: Brendon Thorne

image.ashx

SEA Eagles players will use the pain and tears after Saturday’s 28-24 loss to the Panthers as motivation for the rest of the season.

Rising forward Taniela Paseka revealed the raw emotion in the dressing room at fulltime after they conceded a 24-6 lead in front of their home crowd.

“It was heartbreaking, I can’t believe how it happened,” Paseka said. “All the boys were upset and some were in tears as well.

“I don’t think I have ever felt that way before. I didn’t really know how to respond to that.”

The 120kg prop said the reaction showed how much the players cared for their team.

“The boys love Manly and that game meant a lot to them,” he said.

“The effort was there and we trained really hard last week.”

Paseka said last Saturday had only made the team more determined to finish the season on a positive note.

“You don’t want to lose like that again and the boys will try and make sure that doesn’t happen,” he said.

“For sure, it gives us a bit more fire.”

And it starts with a big challenge against the Sharks away on Sunday.

Winger Brad Parker said he spent the rest of the weekend thinking about what went wrong.

“I am still a bit shocked. That’s probably the best word. And upset as well,” the Christian Brothers junior said.

“As a young player I don’t think I have experienced anything like that.

“When I was in the sheds I looked around at everyone, heads down and quiet, and I just said I never wanted to be in this position again.

“We have quite a young squad and Baz (coach Trent Barrett) said it was a lesson for us young lads to embrace this loss and to know what you are feeling now and move on.

“I know we can’t make the finals but there is still plenty left in us.

“We still want to win the next five games and put everything into it and train hard and stick to our game plan. We’re not throwing in the towel.”

Manly Daily today

Eagles in tears
Players reveal how pain will be motivation for rest of season

Jon Geddes

image.ashx

Devastated Sea Eagles star Dylan Walker at fulltime in Saturday’s loss to the Panthers. Picture: Brendon Thorne

image.ashx

SEA Eagles players will use the pain and tears after Saturday’s 28-24 loss to the Panthers as motivation for the rest of the season.

Rising forward Taniela Paseka revealed the raw emotion in the dressing room at fulltime after they conceded a 24-6 lead in front of their home crowd.

“It was heartbreaking, I can’t believe how it happened,” Paseka said. “All the boys were upset and some were in tears as well.

“I don’t think I have ever felt that way before. I didn’t really know how to respond to that.”

The 120kg prop said the reaction showed how much the players cared for their team.

“The boys love Manly and that game meant a lot to them,” he said.

“The effort was there and we trained really hard last week.”

Paseka said last Saturday had only made the team more determined to finish the season on a positive note.

“You don’t want to lose like that again and the boys will try and make sure that doesn’t happen,” he said.

“For sure, it gives us a bit more fire.”

And it starts with a big challenge against the Sharks away on Sunday.

Winger Brad Parker said he spent the rest of the weekend thinking about what went wrong.

“I am still a bit shocked. That’s probably the best word. And upset as well,” the Christian Brothers junior said.

“As a young player I don’t think I have experienced anything like that.

“When I was in the sheds I looked around at everyone, heads down and quiet, and I just said I never wanted to be in this position again.

“We have quite a young squad and Baz (coach Trent Barrett) said it was a lesson for us young lads to embrace this loss and to know what you are feeling now and move on.

“I know we can’t make the finals but there is still plenty left in us.

“We still want to win the next five games and put everything into it and train hard and stick to our game plan. We’re not throwing in the towel.”

We feel their pain, but it’s just words!!

And the same ( almost) as the week before.

But, we live in hope!!

[B said:
Eagles in tears[/B]

Game plan?? Was there a game plan last weekend?

Given the fact that we won there in 2015, narrowly lost in a good performance in 2016 and crushed them last year I reckon we are a punters chance to win this against the odds.

Sharks have been on a golden run and need a slump anyway.

NYEagle

I think it will be a contest and Manly in it again at Half time.
Just feel the Sharks will have more belief and composure, but will be close enough to go either way.

To be honest as long as they turn up and have a dig I’ll be happy.

What I don’t want is a repeat of either of the last two weeks, so ,

1) no 50/nil at halftime
2) no leading 30/0 but getting run down in the last 15 minutes.

Anything else , win or lose is acceptable.

Yes even a loss, but one that isn’t a rout would be acceptable.

We seemed to play well against the Roosters at home . Up until 2 weeks ago the Roosters have not had a good record against us . 2 weeks a go they had a field day scoring 10 tires . As of last week , we have lost 12 matches in a row . Six away and six at home . My observation is , our team under this coaching staff has forgotten how to win .
As usual i have tipped my team Manly in the Silvertails tipping comp .
As usual I will renew my club member ship
and as usual unsuccessful coaches are sooner or later shown the exit door .
A few factual inexactitudes in there, but mate we share your pain.

Game plan?? Was there a game plan last weekend?

Has Barrett ever actually had a game plan as our coach? I continue to point to the fact that not only do we seem to not have a game plan going into games, but we have no backup plans if the original doesn't work.

I'm sorry to all the Barrett apologists out there but Zoolander CAN NOT COACH. He keeps proving that and Manly is paying the price for it. He may be a nice bloke, a good bloke, but he is not a head coach.

An NRL head coach needs to be ruthless to not only survive but also be successful.

Look at our premiership winners - Ron Willey, Frank Stanton, Bob Fulton and Des Hasler. To those that knew them well they were all good blokes, but when it came to their coaching they were also ruthless with one objective in mind - Win.

Does anyone even for a second believe that either Stanton or Bozo would have put up with the way the team has been playing if they were the one in the coaches box and fronting the post-match pressers? Biscuits would have torn strips off the players for last Saturday's loss, if they had any left after the capitulation against the Chooks....while if it was Bozo they would have turned up to training on Monday morning to find a few cement trucks lining the Narabeen carpark.....

There is an old saying that nice guys finish last. In our current case its looking a distinct possibility.

Last edited:
Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8