Post-Game Discussion Manly v Cowboys [Round 15, 2022]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Game Information

Sea Eagles
Vs
Cowboys
26 4 Pines Park
17 Jun 2022 18:00
80th minute

Match Stats

Oh man - helluva game. But gee Manly do some silly things, like not trapping that fellow in the in-goal with 8 to go, and then Chez - gee Chez you had the lead!.

Manly played themselves to a standstill tonight. It was a great performance for 73 minutes but the Cowboys (and probably about 8 or 9 teams in the comp) are just fitter.

NYEagle

and that lack of composure cost us tonight badly.

no team with where we were should lose from there.

dumb dumb footy cost us tonight.

All started when the ref determine Nanai ran 10 metres forward when he ran 5 metres and Robson wasn’t onside. That changed the game as the Cowboys just threw the ball around for next try, then DCE was knocked free - I’d say more a Drinkwater knock on the arm that knocked the ball out.

We should have closed this game out but let them back in. That’s 2 games against top 8 sides we have let slip, this was worse and all came down to those BS HIA calls which changed the dynamics of the team.

We are still 5 losses away from season over but also 5 wins away from playing finals.

We were all over them for 73 minutes.

Poor Croker, absolutely got let down by the team and their inability to hold the ball. Scrum breaks DCE has the ball after Cowboys had all the momentum and drops it, play to the clock and complete your sets, we wern’t chasing points.

Well done to the Cowboys, they played to the last minute and deserved to win that game.

If i was Des that spray would be epic, @home, 14pts up with 7 minutes to go against a top 4 team.

Effort was there, we turned up. A game we should of won, but again it seems in critical moments of the game certain players undo all the hard work. We have the ball 20 metres out, in the lead, and we have zero respect for the ball. I could go on, but I don't want my post to come across as a dribbling rant. Very disappointing. Very uncomposed.

Can’t catch for ****..we beat ourselves…very dumb team..no positives at all from that performance just backs up the fact that at best we may push top 8..the team and des failed with this 1..very disappointed

With all the momentum and a 14 point lead, really should of won that.
That’s the game in a nutshell

all we had to either keep cowboys in from the kick from Croker I think and cowboys don’t go on that run.

again same dumb mistake DCE why on tackle one from a scrum we go for that play.

play those 2 situations smarter and we win.

no team should lose by being up by 14 with where we were.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4