Post-Game Discussion Manly v Cowboys [Round 14, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Game Information

Sea Eagles
Vs
Cowboys
50 4 Pines Park
11 Jun 2021 18:00
80th minute

Match Stats

Goodness!
So WTF happened in the first 4 rounds
I'm thinking it would be good to know.........
There were so many things in those first 4 rounds.

New players in important positions.
Players missing such As AFB.
New defensive structure (possibly the mostly important issue we had).
Short on match fitness.
Playing 3 top sides and a real bogey side for us in the dragqueens first month.
Turbo out.

We have it sorted now i believe.

Who votes we still get in Paul Green to help old Des out?.

Credit where credit is due. Though not getting much talk about his performances of late I am warming to Croker. A year back I thought he stifled the attack and couldn't understand why Des persisted. But this year he's looked like he's gone up a level and though I felt he was pedestrian at 5/8, he is looking better and better at hooker every game he plays. Last year I would have said let him go. This year my opinion is swinging. And I must admit the Sea Eagles surprised me in this game. I thought without Turbo and Schuster they were in danger. Obviously I was mistaken. Well done guys.

You would hate to face us in finals the NRL are well and truly nervous , the scary thing we have so much improvement in us and have never been full strength, the other teams would be getting a bit concerned. :)
Honestly with this side

Turbo
Garrick
Harps
Parker/suli/walker depending on form
Saab
Foran
Dce
JAKE
Schuster
Gauc
Alo vera
Frog
Paseka

Marty
Keppie
Lawton as back up no.9 utility

And one of

Sirro
Sips
Or a few others.

We could do anything.

There were so many things in those first 4 rounds.

New players in important positions.
Players missing such As AFB.
New defensive structure (possibly the mostly important issue we had).
Short on match fitness.
Playing 3 top sides and a real bogey side for us in the dragqueens first month.
Turbo out.

We have it sorted now i believe.

Who votes we still get in Paul Green to help old Des out?.
All were definitely 'factors', the Rugby League archeologists of the near future will certainly visit the mythology of that period (and no doubt make things up to suit)........the true believers are just hugely relieved it was just a 4 week aberration..

Honestly with this side

Turbo
Garrick
Harps
Parker/suli/walker depending on form
Saab
Foran
Dce
JAKE
Schuster
Gauc
Alo vera
Frog
Paseka

Marty
Keppie
Lawton as back up no.9 utility

And one of

Sirro
Sips
Or a few others.

We could do anything.
Very much so

And yet we still have so much improvement in us don't think we have got to our full potential yet.

Credit where credit is due. Though not getting much talk about his performances of late I am warming to Croker. A year back I thought he stifled the attack and couldn't understand why Des persisted. But this year he's looked like he's gone up a level and though I felt he was pedestrian at 5/8, he is looking better and better at hooker every game he plays. Last year I would have said let him go. This year my opinion is swinging. And I must admit the Sea Eagles surprised me in this game. I thought without Turbo and Schuster they were in danger. Obviously I was mistaken. Well done guys.
He is mentally one tough SOB, he has overcome a lot and had his NRL career hanging by a thread. I think there is a level of loyalty both ways between the club and Croker but feel that he will always give his 100% to repay the faith. As you said he is growing in that role and with skillset in the haves could start to add another attacking point to our attack ala kick to Olakau'atu for his try.

Glad to see him genuinely delivering to the teams progress

SET RESTARTS

1st Half:
The Time Figures in Brackets = Approximate Time Left on Clock for the half when the Set Restart occurred.

Manly: 4 - Tackle Number: 1 (30:25 - Ruck Infringement) 3 (23:42 - Inside 10m), 3 (12:03 - Ruck Infringement) 3 (5:57 - Ruck Infringement).
Cowboys: 1 - Tackle Number: 2 (33:12 - Ruck Infringement).

2nd Half:
The Time Figures in Brackets = Approximate Time Left on Clock for the half when the Set Restart occurred.

Manly: 1 - Tackle Number: 4 (26:47 - Ruck Infringement).
Cowboys: 2 - Tackle Number: 4 (19:53 - Inside 10m), 5 (8:15 - Inside 10m).

GAME TOTAL:

Manly: 5
Cowboys: 3

We have Turbo, Saab and this, Rubs burned the camera
F0439E69-0158-4737-8FFD-5D665BE79DBD.jpeg

The team was great tonight, at least for the last 65 minutes. And Reubs easily had his best game in a Manly jumper.....

But I want to give a shout out to probably our most improved player this year and that's Lachlan Croker. Look, he's not a hooker. He's basically been thrown into the dummy half role because with Manase's legal troubles, we simply needed someone there and Des seems to like his game more than he does Cust's.

Yes, at times last year and early this year he was almost hopeless. A definite fish out of water and we all seemed to lament (especially in the first month of this year) that Des wasn't playing Cust more (for a moment or two, the more desperate of us, including myself, even wished we'd kept Danny Levi.....we beg forgiveness lol). But, gradually this year Croker is starting to make the position his own (at least, until or if Fainu comes back). His defense in the middle has definitely been the strongest part of his game, making an average of around 45 tackles every week with very little in the missed tackle column. But his dummy half play is also on a curve upwards. His delivery is getting better and he's getting more confidence in when to run and where to pass to. And tonight we also saw him finally bringing out his kicking game as a solid third option with DCE and Foz.

Don't get me wrong, when and if Fainu comes back then Croker will be back to being the backup dummy half. And he's not exactly about to challenge Cook or Api for the NSW hooking job. But the job he is doing for Manly in the #9 jumper is definitely improving week by week and he's definitely a very solid part of why we've won 7 from our last 9 games.

I appreciate comments like yours, like general society 80% just go with the herd.
Garrick tries his arse off, but when things aren't going well gets the blame......crazy
About the only thing that is annoying me at the moment with Garrick is how long it takes him to kick goals. His prelude to the actual goal kick seems like you could go and have a sh!t, shower and shave and come back to watch the game and he would still be going through the motions of his goal kick prelude.

About the only thing that is annoying me at the moment with Garrick is how long it takes him to kick goals. His prelude to the actual goal kick seems like you could go and have a sh!t, shower and shave and come back to watch the game and he would still be going through the motions of his goal kick prelude.

which I wouldn't mind if he was a 95% + kicker!

I found out that we won (not the score) before I saw the game - which usually makes me livid.

there's only 26 reg season games (or so) and I don't want to have any of them ruined (at least hockey has 82 games!)

But after watching the first 10 mins I was "gee I'm glad I know we won as this is rough!" haha

It seems like a Manly non-tom fullback finally thought "I should roam and inject myself into the backline where ever I want" - and consequently, Rubes had a very good game.

Go Manly! woohoo!

Schuster was devastating in the recent game at 5/8 setting up most of the tries scored. He's far more dangerous at 5/8. But credit to Foran. He's also doing far better than I expected.
Schuster played well but faded out as the game went on but by having him in the back row at the moment it gives the team another point of attack.Not sure Schusters kicking game is good enough currently to take over Foran.

Few things in life I love.

1. wife and Kids
2. friends
3. Seaeagles

and

4. a good multi quote.

A selection from the first 14 min. what a Bunch of .........!

How about some support for the boys next time. Sure if its 20 zip down after 40 min then go to town but god dam this place can suck the life sometimes.

Dam right. 50 points baby. All on you Des.....

Mate you hate everything about the first 4 min?

Your right. F off Mr VB hard earned award winner.

Not sure we should even bother with you mate but here goes. DCE has a blinder. Des selects a blinder. well done.....

we sure did lube up the cows arse hole didnt we.

Not a huge fan of him but played really well. best game in a long time.

Your right. same negative crap from the same negative so called supporters.

Tonight showed we are better than a one man team. Turbo is vital but others now have some confidence and will go ok without the Turbo fitted.

It was wasn't it...... go des.....

Why? only 12 min in mate.....

Garrick was excellent tonight. Ive been critical of his FB ability in the past but really stepped up tonight.

Eminem in the house. im back back again........ or something like that. Mr hate on DCE in the house ladies and gentlemen....

After 13 min yeah. wow......

50 points in the can is so piss weak. cant believe Garrick missed 2 shots at goal.

im sure this will annoy many but all of the above after only 14 min..... FFS u even support manly or is it just when they win?
Yep. That's just how some people roll....

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4