Post-Game Discussion Manly v Cowboys [Round 14, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Game Information

Sea Eagles
Vs
Cowboys
50 4 Pines Park
11 Jun 2021 18:00
80th minute

Match Stats

He is mentally one tough SOB, he has overcome a lot and had his NRL career hanging by a thread. I think there is a level of loyalty both ways between the club and Croker but feel that he will always give his 100% to repay the faith. As you said he is growing in that role and with skillset in the haves could start to add another attacking point to our attack ala kick to Olakau'atu for his try.

Glad to see him genuinely delivering to the teams progress
He is he most improved player in the NRL. You can see his confidence grow each week. He is a genuine first grader now and the fact that he can play 80 comfortably is great for the balance of the team.

Very sharp analysis Harry, but I feel that right edge with Turbo floating is the more unpredictable....yes tonight had moments of clunky right shifts, but that was often DCE stepping back through the middle.
Thought Guoc was great- powerful and aggressive, this team is starting to look like a serious threat
Definitely. Guac is a weapon, we missed him big time vs the Knights

Schuster played well but faded out as the game went on but by having him in the back row at the moment it gives the team another point of attack.Not sure Schusters kicking game is good enough currently to take over Foran.
I must have been watching the wrong game then Nordburg. As I recall it they were playing one of the top four sides in the comp in the Eels, 3rd best attack, fourth best defence, a team that had been devastating other sides, not a team like the Cowboys, whose defence is 13th, attack 10th, and amazingly is on the fringe of the 8. In that Eels game Manly scored five tries and Schuster set up four of them. His kicking game looked pretty good to me and he didnt look to be fading at all and in fact when the last try by Turbo was scored, who was running alongside him in support in the 79th minute...Schuster.

I must have been watching the wrong game then Nordburg. As I recall it they were playing one of the top four sides in the comp in the Eels, 3rd best attack, fourth best defence, a team that had been devastating other sides, not a team like the Cowboys, whose defence is 13th, attack 10th, and amazingly is on the fringe of the 8. In that Eels game Manly scored five tries and Schuster set up four of them. His kicking game looked pretty good to me and he didnt look to be fading at all and in fact when the last try by Turbo was scored, who was running alongside him in support in the 79th minute...Schuster.
Yep,we must of been

I found out that we won (not the score) before I saw the game - which usually makes me livid.
Gees if you are livid when you learn that we won how do you feel when you hear that we lost?
Paramount Network Crying GIF by Yellowstone

Just rewatched brief highlights & noticed
  1. Haumole's second try - is there another forward in the comp who could score this? (combination of rugby line out & basketball skills)
  2. Garrick's try - incredible acceleration off the mark which I haven't seen before.

Just rewatched brief highlights & noticed
  1. Haumole's second try - is there another forward in the comp who could score this? (combination of rugby line out & basketball skills)
  2. Garrick's try - incredible acceleration off the mark which I haven't seen before.
Players can now comfortably hold the ball in one hand. It's a combination of big mitts and a streamlined football. Was never possible with the old leather footballs.

Players can now comfortably hold the ball in one hand. It's a combination of big mitts and a streamlined football. Was never possible with the old leather footballs.
True, but it was his control of the ball & feign to pass that impressed me. Also jumping skill.

Maybe Kikau could emulate this try.

Last edited:
About the only thing that is annoying me at the moment with Garrick is how long it takes him to kick goals. His prelude to the actual goal kick seems like you could go and have a sh!t, shower and shave and come back to watch the game and he would still be going through the motions of his goal kick prelude.
I tested that out once. Dropped a nard, but just failed on the shower/shave double before he kicked the goal.

He was fading a bit in the victory song though by all accounts, couldn’t hold the last note, needs to step up.

He comfortably outran Val Holmes
Yep, we saw it and comenTed on it during the game.
All the commentary the other week about a foot race to find the quickest player would be good to see, I recall a similar type event during grand final entertainment in days gone by, it was never complete because the clubs competing in the GF use to throw in a reserve grader or the like and not all the true speedster run, mostly just players thrown up by the clubs, but it was a good spectacle.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4