Post-Game Discussion Manly v Cowboys [Round 14, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Game Information

Sea Eagles
Vs
Cowboys
50 4 Pines Park
11 Jun 2021 18:00
80th minute

Match Stats

Great win psychologically without trbo.

Loved most parts. Foz was crazy good down the left, dce put in a great amount of effort and generally was very good. But i’d like to see dce and the right edge a little better organised in attack over the next few weeks.

While the left was quite clinical I dont really remember a good attacking raid down harper and saab’s edge. Anyways plenty of time to work on that and dce upped his running game to compensate (as well as a pretty strong kicking game)

Defence was poor at the start and a little sloppy toward the end but for the most part good. Garrick has shaken off the shackles and is playing more confident than ever

Yeah, they really got their money's worth as ground sponsor tonight. Great way to kick off the new name.

I figured Garrick would be better at fullback going into the game with a bit of confidence, but had no idea he'd out-Turbo Turbo.

Huge win and so much fun to watch. Makes me regret losing to a very ordinary Newcastle team, though.
Yeah, it does hurt to think back to that lost game to Newie. We could have been really breathing down the neck of the top 4 if we got that one.

Loved most parts. Foz was crazy good down the left, dce put in a great amount of effort and generally was very good. But i’d like to see dce and the right edge a little better organised in attack over the next few weeks.

While the left was quite clinical I dont really remember a good attacking raid down harper and saab’s edge. Anyways plenty of time to work on that and dce upped his running game to compensate (as well as a pretty strong kicking game)

Defence was poor at the start and a little sloppy toward the end but for the most part good. Garrick has shaken off the shackles and is playing more confident than ever (probably got a little too confident when he kicked ten metres out and it went dead in goal, although it was great to see)
Very sharp analysis Harry, but I feel that right edge with Turbo floating is the more unpredictable....yes tonight had moments of clunky right shifts, but that was often DCE stepping back through the middle.
Thought Guoc was great- powerful and aggressive, this team is starting to look like a serious threat

Few things in life I love.

1. wife and Kids
2. friends
3. Seaeagles

and

4. a good multi quote.

A selection from the first 14 min. what a Bunch of .........!

How about some support for the boys next time. Sure if its 20 zip down after 40 min then go to town but god dam this place can suck the life sometimes.

Going to be a long long long night ahead.

Des this one will be on you
Dam right. 50 points baby. All on you Des.....
Way to go, Marty. I'm hating everything about tonight since Turbo was pulled out.
Mate you hate everything about the first 4 min?
Enoughs enoughs tapau should **** off
Your right. F off Mr VB hard earned award winner.
What a **** start. Terrible positional selections and a captain who can’t inspire a team. Recipe for disaster
Not sure we should even bother with you mate but here goes. DCE has a blinder. Des selects a blinder. well done.....
we sure did lube up the cows arse hole didnt we.
Suli plays. WE LOSE!!!!!!
Not a huge fan of him but played really well. best game in a long time.
Hahaha pathetic dog **** being served up as predicted

laughable
Your right. same negative crap from the same negative so called supporters.
The pass on tackle 1 to the winger from the Cowboys looked 5m forward

We are still a 1-man team
Tonight showed we are better than a one man team. Turbo is vital but others now have some confidence and will go ok without the Turbo fitted.
Good idea to shuffle our backline
It was wasn't it...... go des.....
I feel sorry for the Fulton family.
Why? only 12 min in mate.....
At least Turbo will be rested for game 2.

Would have been better to have Walker at fb, than Suli at centre
Garrick was excellent tonight. Ive been critical of his FB ability in the past but really stepped up tonight.
The first try wasn’t but the second he has a bit to with . I only bought him into it as he can’t inspire **** and never has done

I’m just sick of him playing in his dinner suit. A good captain gets there hands dirty. He has been mailing it in for years. And flatlined as a player at 25
Eminem in the house. im back back again........ or something like that. Mr hate on DCE in the house ladies and gentlemen....
Game over
After 13 min yeah. wow......
Back to business as usual I see..
No tom = wooden spoon contenders..
Where's all the blokes at who wanted to argue the point the other week????

Edit .. ok, we were wooden spooners the first 15 minutes... Admit we really kicked it up a notch in the second 20mins of the first half.... Good work team

F***sake what a shambles this lot are without Tom doing it all for them. Fu**in pi**weak
50 points in the can is so piss weak. cant believe Garrick missed 2 shots at goal.

im sure this will annoy many but all of the above after only 14 min..... FFS u even support manly or is it just when they win?

1. wife and Kids
2. friends
3. Seaeagles

and

4. a good multi quote.

How about some support for the boys next time. Sure if its 20 zip down after 40 min then go to town but god dam this place can suck the life sometimes.

Not sure we should even bother with you mate but here goes. DCE has a blinder. Des selects a blinder. well done.....

Tonight showed we are better than a one man team. Turbo is vital but others now have some confidence and will go ok without the Turbo fitted.

Garrick was excellent tonight. Ive been critical of his FB ability in the past but really stepped up tonight.

Eminem in the house. im back back again........ or something like that. Mr hate on DCE in the house ladies and gentlemen....

50 points in the can is so piss weak. cant believe Garrick missed 2 shots at goal.

im sure this will annoy many but all of the above after only 14 min..... FFS u even support manly or is it just when they win?
This is some outstanding work from you mate. Tossing your name up for 3 MVP points for tonight’s game haha!

1. wife and Kids
2. friends
3. Seaeagles

and

4. a good multi quote.

Since full-time I have been giddy with excitement at the prospects of a EoL multi-quote!

Garrick had a blinder. Best game at fullback yet.
Thought Harper struggled a bit this game.
Parker / Suli were outstanding - Saab was quieter but still great.
Croker is coming into his own
Olakau'atu is outrageously good.
Burbo looks great.
Taufau had a real crack
Lawton was outstanding.

Great team effort. Too many good players to count

1. wife and Kids
2. friends
3. Seaeagles

and

4. a good multi quote.

Mate I know it was 10am on a Friday for you but it's beer o'clock on Friday night here. Just for 2 hours can you please let us get on the cans and vent a bit before cracking down with the benefit of sober hindsight... Thanks

Defence was poor at the start and a little sloppy toward the end but for the most part good. Garrick has shaken off the shackles and is playing more confident than ever
Perfectly put

1 Turbo
2 Taufua
3 Koula
4 funa
5 Tippy
6 Schuster
7 Cust
8 Alioli
9 fainu
10 Sadler
11 keppie
12 Siro
13 Davey

14 jetski
15 boyle

Last edited:
Todd Payten's interview was gold ! When the manly song started roaring through. God I cracked up ! hahahaha

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4