Game Day: Manly v Bulldogs [Round 8, 2019]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I had no doubts about the effort put in by any of our players today, was immense. Everyone was gassed. The concern will be who steers that effort for 80 minutes without Croker and DCE. Elgey was brilliant while Croker was directing the squad but he isn't a general.

Last edited:
I had no doubts about the effort put in by any of our players today, was immense. Everyone was gassed. The concern will be who steers that effort for 80 minutes without Croker and DCE. Elgey was brilliant while Croker was directing the squad but he isn't a general.

Cheer up, enjoy the ride, and trust the coaching staff to build us up, even in adversity. Positive vibes build momentum.

Just watching my 2nd replay of this game and the dogs are the 2nd worse, behind the scum of course, at holding down.
And like them they do it in a potentially injury causing manner, aided and abetted by the dumb c*nt refs never calling held until a player falls over through weight of numbers.
But after a player is tackled they are still tangled up with them.
Yet...
They scream at our players to get off.
And they wonder there's leg injuries ...

You know, as bad as Perenara was tonight.....we not only won the game but also won the penalty count 8-6. That's not bad given that he was the main ref.

BTW.....did I read correctly before and also hear the players correctly? We didn't do video sessions with Barrett as coach?

FMD what did he think this was? Its almost a prerequisite for a professional coach, whatever sport it is, individual or team, to do video analysis of their own and the opposition. Even Peter Not So Sharp would have done video sessions, and he sucked as a coach.

Did Phil Gould really think this clown was going to be a great coach? Or did Gus figure it out after the U/20s failure and it was just a way to get him the hell out of the Panthers before he did some real [first grade] damage?

Welcome home Des. All is forgiven.

woooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

friggen

Hooooooooooooooooooooooo!

ah hahahahahah yes yes yes!

(no, not having coitus)

Another great, tough, hard fought win! Now enough about the refs...

Just simply fabulous!

Well done Manly men.... all 4 of you who aren't injured.

edit: Des was a bit unhappy no one laughed at his "need a bit of magic" joke. (lol)

Last edited:

We have a general in the making in young Cust . Very skillful , great organizer , reliable defender , solid built and tough

I see something special here ......

After playing six games in the Holden Cup last year, Cust finished the season with 14 matches for Blacktown Workers Sea Eagles in the Intrust Super Premiership NSW.

In his 14 games, Cust was involved in 13 try assists, broke the line seven times, and averaged 50 metres per games in runs. He also had an 83.6 per cent tackle efficiency rate.

Ok I have to ask.. those that were at the game today (I doubt they showed it on TV)
Did anyone else cringe when they started playing the song ‘Time of your life’ (the words go: “it’s something unpredictable, but in the end it’s right I hope you had the time of your life” ) as the camera stops on Foran sitting there in his Bulldogs gear?

You can see how far off the rails he has gone with that awful top knot he is running

Just watching my 2nd replay of this game and the dogs are the 2nd worse, behind the scum of course, at holding down.
And like them they do it in a potentially injury causing manner, aided and abetted by the dumb c*nt refs never calling held until a player falls over through weight of numbers.
But after a player is tackled they are still tangled up with them.
Yet...
They scream at our players to get off.
And they wonder there's leg injuries ...

I was going to make this point a thread, it is so obvious. Especially after it was made a deal of in the souffs game.

The commentators efforts last night on the Dogs first try were laughable, “I don’t care if it touched Parker, you just have to give it a try” , let’s not worry about the rules of the game chaps, would have been nice if they ignored the dead ball line in that great effort of elgeys

It struck me as odd as Snake is so controlled in public.

Great to see him be so invested in Manly's results again :clap:
What a legend he is im so happy hes back with the club. Bringing des back was a masterstroke, he has brought in the winners of the past to guide them into the future. Loved seeing Brett singing loudly and proudly... now for Glenn ;)

The commentators efforts last night on the Dogs first try were laughable, “I don’t care if it touched Parker, you just have to give it a try” , let’s not worry about the rules of the game chaps, would have been nice if they ignored the dead ball line in that great effort of elgeys
Ohhh so it wasn't just me who saw the ball knocked forward into Parker's arm. Yep the commentators bias against Manly is so fuking obvious. Keep it up Manly. We're pissing everyone off now.

This probably deserves a thread of its own but what’s with Des and the tie? He’s been sporting a blue checked tie for weeks now. Always twisted to the left. I know he tends to be a bit superstitious. Is it his lucky tie? If It’s helping us on the field I hope he wears it till November.

I was going to make this point a thread, it is so obvious. Especially after it was made a deal of in the souffs game.
Please do mate.
Because last night I got tired of listening to perenaras pipsqueak voice screaming at our blokes to get out of it yet nothing to them.
I count the seconds of a good play the ball and 3 is enough.
Yet the dogs were 5 seconds at times and in the scums peak years of the wrestle, now the tangle, 7 seconds was not uncommon.

Please do mate.
Because last night I got tired of listening to perenaras pipsqueak voice screaming at our blokes to get out of it yet nothing to them.
I count the seconds of a good play the ball and 3 is enough.
Yet the dogs were 5 seconds at times and in the scums peak years of the wrestle, now the tangle, 7 seconds was not uncommon.

It's always annoying how a tackle can go for 5 seconds with players wrestling like hell but do a good around the legs tackle and if you haven't release by the first twitch..you get penalised! It's a stupid inequity.

Lewis' 'oh look at me slowing every play the ball down teeheehee aren't I cute don't penalise me' is also getting tiresome for the reason the refs allow it.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7