Pre-Game Manly v Bulldogs [Round 3, 2022]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

13 12
4 Pines Park
27 Mar 2022 06:15 PM

Team Lists

Interesting that Koula is on the extended bench. I wonder if Des is thinking a possible late change for either Harper or Parker??
I think I read that Walker still had to pass concussion protocols.

I'll admit that's the first I've heard of it. Did Walks come off for a HIA and fail it last week?? I honestly can't remember if he did or not.

Might have gotten lost in that the whole team seems to be playing like it needs a HIA.....

Give the size of the Bulldogs Pack. Think our boys might have to be ready for Biondi-Odo out of dummy half tomorrow.

He looks quick. Damien Cook quick.

I'll admit that's the first I've heard of it. Did Walks come off for a HIA and fail it last week?? I honestly can't remember if he did or not.

Might have gotten lost in that the whole team seems to be playing like it needs a HIA.....
Can't remember any HIA either - maybe trying to forget the game worked! - but I definitely did read it somewhere.

He had a bleeding nose in the 2nd half

Bulldogs coach Trent Barrett is contemplating a selection bombshell by relegating his first-choice halfback just two rounds into the season.
Jake Averillo has been told to prepare for the possibility of playing in the NSW Cup this week with 21-game rookie Brandon Wakeham tipped to start as the club’s new halfback against the Sea Eagles on Sunday night.

Barrett is toying with the shock call despite Averillo spending the entire summer forming a combination with star five-eighth Matt Burton.

Wakeham, who has been playing five-eighth with halfback Kyle Flanagan over the past two weeks in the lower grades, is yet to play a game with Burton.

I just don’t think we’ve sunken low enough yet for the passion to get ignited.

It took 5 games last year , I’m thinking it might be 6 this year.

I just don’t like the look and feel of our team this year , they get knocked over in the first set , the heads go down and you just know you’re screwed again.

I yearn for the days that we put up a fight in EVERY game.
Yeah agree Mark. It’s odd how people start to lose it over us dropping a couple of games so early. I’m as emotive as they come but have really dialed it back these days. Just too many other things going on! This last few days it’s my 11yr old who’s actually quite unwell with Covid and sadly learning of a friend back in NZ terminal bowel cancer diagnosis at 44.

Round 10 is where we will know how we are placed this season. The last 2 weeks although frustrating have not really bothered me. Penrith we’re not near the level v us in their other games and we got Easts at a bad time and even still they really only played one good half. Had it not pissed down in the second we would have been closer to them imo as we dominated that second half.

Todays game however is a big one in terms of getting sone confidence back. I think we will win and win comfortably. The only issue round here is it won’t mean anything for some because the dogs weren’t top 4 last year. These days I don’t care who we beat as long as we win. I then enjoy that experience until the next weekend. It’s a journey for me through the season and I try not to over analyze it. With the change in the 6 again rule back to penalties that will even it up a bit and we are already seeing closer games. I mean we are nearly 3 rounds in and no team has scored 40 yet I don’t believe. We turn up with the right attitude and application and we can beat anyone on our day. And that starts today!

Bulldogs coach Trent Barrett is contemplating a selection bombshell by relegating his first-choice halfback just two rounds into the season.
Jake Averillo has been told to prepare for the possibility of playing in the NSW Cup this week with 21-game rookie Brandon Wakeham tipped to start as the club’s new halfback against the Sea Eagles on Sunday night.

Barrett is toying with the shock call despite Averillo spending the entire summer forming a combination with star five-eighth Matt Burton.

Wakeham, who has been playing five-eighth with halfback Kyle Flanagan over the past two weeks in the lower grades, is yet to play a game with Burton.
That’s the type of stupidity he’s capable of.

And cooked up on the hot coals to share
FB_IMG_1648339352840.jpg

@Mark from Brisbane how I explain things to my wife every time I go fishing

Yeah agree Mark. It’s odd how people start to lose it over us dropping a couple of games so early. I’m as emotive as they come but have really dialed it back these days. Just too many other things going on! This last few days it’s my 11yr old who’s actually quite unwell with Covid and sadly learning of a friend back in NZ terminal bowel cancer diagnosis at 44.

Round 10 is where we will know how we are placed this season. The last 2 weeks although frustrating have not really bothered me. Penrith we’re not near the level v us in their other games and we got Easts at a bad time and even still they really only played one good half. Had it not pissed down in the second we would have been closer to them imo as we dominated that second half.

Todays game however is a big one in terms of getting sone confidence back. I think we will win and win comfortably. The only issue round here is it won’t mean anything for some because the dogs weren’t top 4 last year. These days I don’t care who we beat as long as we win. I then enjoy that experience until the next weekend. It’s a journey for me through the season and I try not to over analyze it. With the change in the 6 again rule back to penalties that will even it up a bit and we are already seeing closer games. I mean we are nearly 3 rounds in and no team has scored 40 yet I don’t believe. We turn up with the right attitude and application and we can beat anyone on our day. And that starts today!
Great post and I hope your child perks up quickly and your friend enjoys a great deal of time yet.

The results of the HIA test have come through. They show that this body is fine but he had to sit some very simple brain tests … apparently he failed than all!

The doctors were surprised by such poor results …. But no one else was!

Just sayin’

Hope your kid gets over feeling feeling sick and a Manly win helps him along the way. Sorry to hear about your friend,cancer of any variety is devastating, best wishes to them all and yourself.

Hopefully we fire up today, forwards get some aggression back, DCE shows more control, and we can start our roll to the 8.

Good perspective on where we are right now, like you I'm in the, it's only rd 2 camp, we've had worse starts in the past. It all starts in the pre-game warmup and drills, and what Des says in the dressing sheds that translates to effort on effort for 80min. Need to get off to a flyer from the start, dominate early in the forwards and the rest will flow. Manly 14+... we're at Brookie now, it's time to rebuild the fortress !! Also, wishing your 11yr old a speedy recovery Waz, have a work friend in Bris who has 3 kids all with covid, it's awful !!

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11