Pre-Game Manly v Bulldogs [Round 24, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

36 18
Moreton Daily Stadium
29 Aug 2021 01:50 PM

Team Lists

its the same for the week after too. Roosters play thursday vs raiders round 25 and we play the cows on saturday. if roosters lose any of the next two and then lose vs raiders, des would be smart to play all 4 reserves and rest DCE, foran, turbo and one of croker/shoe/quac.

Raiders wont be easy for roosters especially if they are playing for a finals spot in the last round.

Easy option would be roosters dropping all 3 so we could rest a mix of players for both games
roosters dropping all 3 not out of the realms of possibility

Watching drug castle flogging the dawgs at the moment - if we don’t thrash these flogs next week we are kidding ourselves & so glad we let waddles go

You mean if chooks lose?
No. Presuming Easts win tomorrow they will be two points ahead of us so we need to beat the Dogs to jump into 4th place. (Doesn'tmatter is also equal to us on points but a long way behind on differential) If Easts beat Souths we'll still be in 5th position.
The bottom line is that we will need to beat the Dogs regardless of results.
We may be able to rest players in the final round if Easts and Doesn'tmatta falter.

No. Presuming Easts win tomorrow they will be two points ahead of us so we need to beat the Dogs to jump into 4th place. (Doesn'tmatter is also equal to us on points but a long way behind on differential) If Easts beat Souths we'll still be in 5th position.
We may be able to rest players in the final round if Easts and Doesn'tmatta falter.
I have to correct you. It's faecalmatta.

I'm struggling to understand the rationale behind resting players if Roosters win? Isn't that more reason not to rest players as we need to keep in touch with them? After all there is still 2 games to play and Roosters are likely to lose 1 of not 2. Im not a fan of resting until top 4 is ours. Maybe play them less minutes but not sit out a whole game

I'm tipping the Dragons to get up today.
Their season on the line and the Roosters looked very very tired to me.

And Souths won't lose again next week.

And the Raiders will have plenty to play for.

It is conceivable that the Roosters could lose all 3.

I'm tipping the Dragons to get up today.
Their season on the line and the Roosters looked very very tired to me.

And Souths won't lose again next week.

And the Raiders will have plenty to play for.

Said that earlier myself... not a given but certainly conceivable

I'm struggling to understand the rationale behind resting players if Roosters win? Isn't that more reason not to rest players as we need to keep in touch with them? After all there is still 2 games to play and Roosters are likely to lose 1 of not 2. Im not a fan of resting until top 4 is ours. Maybe play them less minutes but not sit out a whole game
I think this post has become a little confused. Until there is no chance Manly can't make 4th position then there will be no resting players. This will almost certainly not occur before the final round of the minor premiership. If, by then, we can finish no higher than 5th spot then we'll have the 'luxury' to rest players.

not a given but certainly conceivable
Cary Elwes Disney Plus GIF by Disney+

You'd have to think that the Roosters' best chance of winning one of their next three matches would be today. If they can't account for the Dragons today then that top 4 spot is as good as ours.

You'd have to think that the Roosters' best chance of winning one of their next three matches would be today. If they can't account for the Dragons today then that top 4 spot is as good as ours.
South's losing on Friday best thing to happen this weekend apart from us winning - souths will want to make a statement against the roosters next Friday.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8