Pre-Game Manly v Bulldogs [Round 24, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

36 18
Moreton Daily Stadium
29 Aug 2021 01:50 PM

Team Lists

Jethro

Star Trekkin' across the universe
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Manly v Bulldogs [Round 24, 2021]

MATCH DAY

Sunday 29th August 2021

Venue:
.... Moreton Daily Stadium, Redcliffe

Gates Open:....TBA.

NRL Kick Off Time:.... Manly Sea Eagles vs Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs - 1:50pm.

TICKETING

Click Here.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles

01. Tom Trbojevic (Cheekbone, Round 24)
02. Jason Saab
03. Brad Parker (Concussion, Round 24)
04. Morgan Harper
05. Reuben Garrick
06. Kieran Foran
07. Daly Cherry-Evans (c)

17. Josh Aloiai
09. Lachlan Croker
10. Martin Taupau
11. Haumole Olakau'atu
12. Josh Schuster
13. Jake Trbojevic

08. Toafofoa Sipley
14. Dylan Walker
15. Karl Lawton
16. Curtis Sironen

Reserves:
18. Moses Suli

Out:
19. Cade Cust
20. Jack Gosiewski
21. Kurt De Luis

Available But Not Selected:
  • Ben Trbojevic
  • Zac Saddler (Cheekbone, Round 24)
  • Jorge Taufua
  • Tolutau Koula
  • Christian Tuipulotu
  • Alec Tuitavake - Development Player
  • Kaeo Weekes - Development Player.

Here is the Latest NRL Injured or Unavailable Update:
(Updated: Thursday, 26 August 2021)

• Sean Keppie (Personal, Round 25)
  • Taniela Paseka (Ankle, Round 25)
  • Tevita Funa (Suspension, Finals)
  • Morgan Boyle (Shoulder, Next Season)
  • Andrew Davey (Knee, Next Season)
  • Manase Fainu (Stood down, Indefinite)

BWSE Injured or Unavailable:
  • Sione Fainu - Development Player (Lisfranc Operation, TBA)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

So Parker comes back in - what do we do with Suli? By all accounts he had a pretty solid game Vs Raiders.

The Bulldogs game - with Turbo returning - could be the perfect arena to unleash him in....

Bring back Turbo, let him wreak havocc and get his dally m points and his stats up. I would look to rest Schu and maybe Harper for this game. Harper looked a little bit niggled with the shoulder, been playing amazing and deserves a one week break. With Schu u can argue he had a fat break with his calf injury but I just think last few weeks he looks a lot reserved and not as impactful in attack. Had a great tradesman performance last night. But just a break to freshen him up, still such a young player, and in his rookie year going to play finals footy. I think it will benefit him.

Rest Schu and Harper:

01. Tom
02. Saab
03. Parker
04. Suli
05. Garrick
06. Foz
07. Chez
08. Aloiai
09. Crocker
10. Keppie
11. Smole
12. Lawton
13. Jake

14. Walker
15. Burbo
16. Sipley
17. Taupau

I hope Schuster or Olakau’atu get rested. They are looking gassed lately and have been consistently playing 80.

I’d rest both of them and maybe even Croker, Taupau and Harper too.

1 Turbo 2 Saab 3 Walker 4 Tuipulotu 5 Garrick 6 Foran 7 DCE
8 Aloiai 9 Lawton 10 Sipley 11 Sironen (80mins match fitness)
12 Suli 13 Trbojevic

14 Cust 15 De Luis 16 Gosiewski 17 Saddler (marked to be back next week)

Cust to come on for DCE/Foz if we’re up by 30 at the 60th min.

Are you nervous Twent? You should be.
Nah, he’s got a game plan:

1629482943088.jpeg

Perfect game to use as a tune up. Redcliffe surface is the best I've ever seen. It's like a putting green. We need to go in full strength for the next 2 weeks to get the combinations set for the finals. The weather will be ideal for open fast footy. Spewing I can't get there next weekend.

Perfect game to use as a tune up. Redcliffe surface is the best I've ever seen. It's like a putting green. We need to go in full strength for the next 2 weeks to get the combinations set for the finals. The weather will be ideal for open fast footy. Spewing I can't get there next weekend.
Spewing I’m still away fishing !!

PS: I’ll be back for the Semi Finals , home on the 29th after almost 3 months away

All hands on deck. No need to rest or shuffle or do anything if everyone fit. Combinations need to be kept up so close to finals with minimal disruption.
Yea it’s an interesting time of year… do some guys need a rest or do we need to keep momentum and combinations going? Do we wrap up our best players in cotton wool or let them build confidence? Do we give squad members a run for match fitness or hope we don’t get injuries come finals time?

I’m torn, but Des has done this many times before and I’m sure will make the right call.

Des will know the right mix of resting players and keeping combinations going, but from my armchair I think we are in a good position to rest some players in the next couple of weeks before finals and to give some of our back up guys some game time just in case injuries force changes during the finals.

Next week
Roosters v souffs on friday and our game on sunday will give des the option of tinkering with the squad a little based on result. If chooks win he may rest a few i reckon
I reckon the Raiders will still be a shot in the last rd vs the rorters for a top 8 spot. They can beat them. We don't want to take the last 2 games lightly and fuk it all up.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8