Pre-Game Manly v Bulldogs [Round 1, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

31 6
4 Pines Park
04 Mar 2023 03:00 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jethro

Star Trekkin' across the universe
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Manly v Bulldogs [Round 1, 2023]

MATCH DAY

Saturday 4th March 2023

Venue:
.... 4 Pines Park, Brookvale, NSW

Gates Open:.... 10:45am.

Jersey Flegg Kick Off Time:.... Manly Warringah Sea Eagles v Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs: 11:00am.

NSW Cup Kick Off Time:.... Blacktown Workers Sea Eagles v Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs: 12:40pm.

NRL Kick Off Time:.... Manly Warringah Sea Eagles v Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs: 3:00pm.

TICKETING

Click here

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Christian Tuipulotu
03. Brad Parker
04. Tolutau Koula
05. Reuben Garrick
06. Cooper Johns
07. Daly Cherry-Evans (c)

08. Taniela Paseka
09. Lachlan Croker
10. Jake Trbojevic
11. Haumole Olakau'atu
12. Kelma Tuilagi
17. Josh Aloiai

13. Sean Keppie
14. Kaeo Weekes
15. Ben Trbojevic
16. Ethan Bullemor

Replacement:

22. Gordon Chan Kum Tong - Development Player.

Reserves:

Out:

18. Toafofoa Sipley
19. Ben Condon
20. Raymond Tuaimalo Vaega
21. Morgan Harper.

Available But Not Selected:
  • Zac Fulton
  • Nathaniel Roache
  • Latu Fainu
  • Samuela Fainu
  • Viliami Fifita
  • Jamie Humphreys - Development Player
  • Fletcher Myers - Development Player
  • Jacob Sykes - Development Player.

From the 'NRL Casualty Ward - All the Latest Injury News, Updates & Returns Details' web page, Here is the Latest NRL Injured or Unavailable Update:

* * * (Updated: Tuesday, 28 Feb 2023) * * *

Sea Eagles five-eighth Josh Schuster has been ruled out of Round 1 due to a calf injury.

The club confirmed that Schuster won't be available for the season opener against Canterbury but should be available after the side's bye in Round 3.

Manly Sea Eagles
  • Tom Trbojevic (Hamstring, Round 1)
  • Morgan Harper (Knee, Round 1)
  • Brad Parker (Broken Nose, Round 1)
  • Josh Schuster (Calf, Round 3)
  • Karl Lawton (Knee, Round 4-5)
  • Morgan Boyle (Foot, Mid-Season)
  • Jason Saab (Knee, Mid-Season)
  • Alec Tuitavake (Knee, Mid-Season)

Also, from the NRL Casualty Ward, Manly hub page, there are slight variations to the information regarding the unavailable or injured players and their return periods:

• Morgan Boyle (Foot, Round 1)
  • Morgan Harper (Knee, Round 1)
  • Karl Lawton (Knee, Round 1)
  • Brad Parker (Facial Injury, Round 1)
  • Tom Trbojevic (Hamstring, Round 1)
  • Josh Schuster (Calf, Round 3)
  • Jason Saab (Knee, Indefinite)
  • Alec Tuitavake (Knee, Indefinite)

Team list Tuesday 4pm
Big crowd - get your tickets early
Weather forecast 24 degrees chance of showers
81A180F5-F470-46F4-8280-1F69E5B38241.jpeg

Well I see nothing's changed over at Fox. The season preview show which went for 90 minutes had at least a 5 min discussion on every team except 1. Barely got to 2 min on Manly and no fox lab prediction finish. All that was mentioned new coach, Turbo the only player mentioned.
As usual Rorters, Scumatta, Dogs, Penriff, Souffs, Broncos got between 5 to 10 min of in depth analysis. Fu*kofffox.

Well I see nothing's changed over at Fox. The season preview show which went for 90 minutes had at least a 5 min discussion on every team except 1. Barely got to 2 min on Manly and no fox lab prediction finish. All that was mentioned new coach, Turbo the only player mentioned.
As usual Rorters, Scumatta, Dogs, Penriff, Souffs, Broncos got between 5 to 10 min of in depth analysis. Fu*kofffox.
Yea I assumed as much, won't bother to look at it. All the in-depth analysis of Manly is right here, anyway.

That’s why I cancelled FOXTEL about 5 years ago - total rubbish

I have Foxtel , and watch the games on there , but I’ve given up on any of the shows now , they just pander to the populace that they think watches them.

I was super confident we would win this game with the Schu there. It's nice that we have some options for his replacement so still confident.

TST Tuesday going to be super interesting.

That’s why I cancelled FOXTEL about 5 years ago - total rubbish
I've just signed up (1st time on pay tv) to Kayo, which is a whole lot cheaper than Foxtel, yet get all their games plus repeats, reviews, etc.

I have because I’ve got a sat dish on my caravan and can view from anywhere.

Lots of places n Australia with no internet or tv.
That is so true.... in 2021 we were in NT and I was desperate to know a Manly result...... no TV no radio no phone...... spotted a Telstra phone box but needed a Telstra card. Thankfully someone with a satellite was able to put me out of my misery with news of a win.

They do love shiny things

That is so true.... in 2021 we were in NT and I was desperate to know a Manly result...... no TV no radio no phone...... spotted a Telstra phone box but needed a Telstra card. Thankfully someone with a satellite was able to put me out of my misery with news of a win.
Where I go it’s often very remote.

No internet as well , although there’s an option for that now “ Starlink “. I’m thinking about it but at $175 a month I think I can do without it.

It’s probably the most important first game of the year , in a decade.

So so much relies on us getting a good start, for the team , for the fans and to stick it up all the pricks who are picking us to run 14th.
Your old fave Reading the Play is predicting we'll make the 8. Surprisingly, since he's not a Manly fan from what I can gather.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4