Manly v Broncos [Round 12 2014]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Masked Eagle said:
The right attitude covers up many flaws in teams and individuals. Didn't have it today so all the cracks were well and truly exposed. Hopefully it means a bounce back performance against the Dogs.

You would have expected the bounce back this week after the Newcastle debacle, would'nt you?

we need and im hoping for a better performance next week...

im starting too worry how this season is going to end.

over the last weeks there hasnt been much spark but i have noticed a poor attitude

hope im worried for nothing.

EagleFromMay1967 said:
Snake looks fat, old, slow

I was thinking the same thing when he threw that pass to a Donkey and could hardly run him down.

We have been absolutely terrible the last two games.

Without DCE we have nothing our attack is stale and the defence is non existent.

Just a rubbish display again. The Dogs will pump us next week. :huh:

Yeah, Snake lacking in passion. Doesn't seem to want to run thru ANY gap. dont think its the hammy: Think its the Heart. :(

They've got 4 weeks to make Glenn a (counter) offer. And i think Brett knows it aint gonna happen.

I manage to get to 1 or 2 games a year if that. What they served up today was garbage. Complete lack of desire. Forwards were Z grade the backs looked slow & old. Consider the 2 thrashings we've had & several lucky last minute wins we are over rated & certainly not top 4 material on that performance. Yes we had injuries but today we turned it up alarmingly.

HappilyManly said:
Well, we played dumb but are still in second place :)
We are now third. On the same competition points as the panthers but they are ahead on PD. Pathers 49, Manly 30. :(
Of the teams sitting just below us there are four other teams with greater PDs. The rorters are 77, donkeys 64, cows 71 and wabbits 61.
This is a very tight comp and it appears open to anyone from pups at 1st to the worriers on 12th.
I hope you make your flight HM.:)
A lot of soul searching for the Manly boys this week. They need to turn up big time for the dogs match.
As always, Go Manly!

mickqld said:
I manage to get to 1 or 2 games a year if that. What they served up today was garbage. Complete lack of desire. Forwards were Z grade the backs looked slow & old. Consider the 2 thrashings we've had & several lucky last minute wins we are over rated & certainly not top 4 material on that performance. Yes we had injuries but today we turned it up alarmingly.

Our most important backs are old and slow!

globaleagle said:
We need a ricky stuart type apology for that one.

We need an investigation mate!

Tooves is the man for that, but fortunately there's plenty of witnesses and experts around to help him.

bob dylan said:
Anyone reckon anyone other than Foran, Ballin and Lui will figure in 3-2-1.

yeah JSL & King were trying as well

King should be added to the trying list just got busted (possibly in the dog shot from behind) and JSL ran hard like he always does now.

Thought Foz tried too hard playing catch up footy in the first 15 minutes which really didn't inspire the younger kids and set the tone so gets no points.

3 Ballin
2 Lui
1 JSL

HK_Eagle said:
Masked Eagle said:
The right attitude covers up many flaws in teams and individuals. Didn't have it today so all the cracks were well and truly exposed. Hopefully it means a bounce back performance against the Dogs.

You would have expected the bounce back this week after the Newcastle debacle, would'nt you?

I don't think out attitude was a problem against the Knights. It was out execution which was poor. And it was over 2 weeks ago. And we did win.

Masked Eagle said:
HK_Eagle said:
Masked Eagle said:

I don't think out attitude was a problem against the Knights. It was out execution which was poor. And it was over 2 weeks ago. And we did win.

I don't see that distinction, TBH. I tend to think the execution is probably a sign of an underlying mental/emotional/psychological issue. The only difference between last game and this one was that we came up against a much better quality opposition who were switched on for the full game. That's just my impression.

HK_Eagle said:
Masked Eagle said:
HK_Eagle said:
Masked Eagle said:

I don't see that distinction, TBH. I tend to think the execution is probably a sign of an underlying mental/emotional/psychological issue. The only difference between last game and this one was that we came up against a much better quality opposition who were switched on for the full game. That's just my impression.

We weren't totally on the job for the full 80 minutes against the Knight but there were patches. Whereas today it was pretty much listless the entire 80.

I've had a boring weekend writing endless report cards. Manly were supposed to win today and make my weekend better.:s
I'm currently empathising with sharkies and knights fans.
Hopefully our worst performance of the year is over and done with.
I might go over and switch off my neighbour's electricity. They're donkeys fans.;)

niccipops said:
I've had a boring weekend writing endless report cards. Manly were supposed to win today and make my weekend better.:s
I'm currently empathising with sharkies and knights fans.
Hopefully our worst performance of the year is over and done with.
I might go over and switch off my neighbour's electricity. They're donkeys fans.;)

Just be extra careful with your prank there niccipops!

If they've got eyes in the back of their heads, you're twice as likely to get sprung!!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8