Post-Game Discussion Manly V Broncos [Round 11, 2024]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Game Information

Sea Eagles
Vs
Broncos
12 Suncorp Stadium
17 May 2024 20:05
80:00 minute

Match Stats

Nordburg

First Grader
Correct me if I’m wrong,but was the Mariner try the first in a while that a winger has rushed out of the line,taken nobody and conceded?Thought the last 4 weeks or so,that area has looked pretty solid.No coincidence if I’m right

nightster

The older I get the better I was
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Honestly, mate, I was just happy we found a different way to lose. I'm sick of watching us get out to a lead only to get overrun by the end of the game. For a minute or two there, I thought we might have been the team to fight our way back to victory for a change. But of course that wasn't to be.
We weren't great but the dud call on Paseka, which DCE didn't challenge ffs, cost us the match plus the barrage of ridiculous 6 agains in the last 20 mins

Waz13

Let’s all have a chew!
That's crap Walters has worked hard to get that spot and been outstanding to suggest Walters is picking him as it's his son is nonsense. Smoothey is not clearly better you can argue Mozer should be picked as he is going to be outstanding but at the moment Walters has earned the position through sheer hard work and good luck to him as he has limited ability.

The only player that I have seen picked in first grade because he was the coaches son is Scott Fulton who was a terrible player.
Billy?

not much between those two 9s it’s a bit tongue in cheek. Ones dads the coach the others isn’t. A deal of my mates up here rate Smoothy the better of the two and the running joke is Bill gets picked cos he’s Kevs son. Even kev has jokes about it from time to time. My point was more in relation to the original suggestion about how underdone they were, which when in fact smoothey coming in for Walters wasn’t really losing that much. All good.

Waz13

Let’s all have a chew!
Anyone calling it a Qld cup side is kidding...
That was their best forward pack (minus Walters lol).
They were missing Walsh and Reynolds from the backline,us missing Tom and Saab.
We could have folded being down 12,but we got into the grind and got back into the game playing a tough grinding game (that the same whiners have been clamouring for).
No,I was pissed we lost etc...but this side is better than last year...
Anyway..... can't change people's views,just giving mine.
Not perfect,but **** I enjoyed watching that game,edge of my seat for 80 minutes,pissed at the end but will give respect when I see it,just me I guess ....
Yep same. Good to see a close one in the Friday for once. Yep side def better than last year. But we still have brain explosions. I mean the Garrick break and kick ahead on 2nd was inexcusable. We would have def scored next play if he takes the tackle. Put that guy back on the wing, where ironically he was positioned when he made the break.

nightster

The older I get the better I was
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Absolutely. If Daly stays down after that field goal n the dying seconds it's probably a penalty where the ball lands ( 10m from the posts).

Hats off to Dean Mariner who milked it expertly... same as Elliott Whitehead for the Raiders tonight...and Sean Johnson for the Warrriors against us.... and Tom last week against the Dolphins

That's the NRL these days....no use complaining about it. Start doing it.
Until the NRL fix it ... I agree we are being out performed by other other actors

Waz13

Let’s all have a chew!
You are entitled to your opinion, but sometimes it reads like you are trauma dumping on everyone else in this forum and it gets pretty irritating to read.

Posting on a supporters forum that you want the sporting team you allegedly support to forfeit in case they might lose is pretty pathetic behaviour.

Very few things in life are certain, this loss was not one of those things.
Totally agree. But Ryan’s not the only one. Just enjoy it for what it is. We should have won were the better side and last two times here have been pumped by 30. I didn’t post it but even if we had won, there’d be plenty here picking it apart because broncs weren’t at full strength. And if you can’t enjoy the team running around, don’t watch, don’t follow and don’t bother posting. People get way too emotional over this team. I mean I do when I watch live (constantly apologizing for dropping f bombs) but you need to balance it a bit. Gutted we lost but still some positives to take away.

Waz13

Let’s all have a chew!
Correct me if I’m wrong,but was the Mariner try the first in a while that a winger has rushed out of the line,taken nobody and conceded?Thought the last 4 weeks or so,that area has looked pretty solid.No coincidence if I’m right
Yep Paulo has a Barry Crocker! But to be fair both edges were new combos and that try was when Paseka was in the bin and they had the overlap. He didn’t need to fly in but the try was odds on even if he held.

niccipops

un echidna spillo mia bevanda
Premium Member
Just read some of this thread and it confirmed why I don’t go on here after a loss.
A one point loss in a game that should have been played at Brookie. Social media is a hive of negativity and IMO many fans need to harden up and stop.being toddlers.
It’s a game of footy.
So many keyboard warriors.
Go Manly!

Nordburg

First Grader
Yep Paulo has a Barry Crocker! But to be fair both edges were new combos and that try was when Paseka was in the bin and they had the overlap. He didn’t need to fly in but the try was odds on even if he held.
Yeah I forgot that Paseka was in the bin,but still

Andrew..

Bencher
Tipping Member
I don't think it was a definite try, there was cover coming across on Cherry, but we'll never know. I can see why Garrick gave it a shot, just didn't execute it as he would have liked.
Every player has a mistake or two in them but Garrick has done this sort of stuff regularly since he's moved to centre. I'm not throwing my toys out of the cot and calling for his head, I'm just saying IMO for the sake of the team Garrick is a better winger.

court83

Bencher
I honestly have absolutely zero idea how anyone could be happy with that game...

We didn't have tom, they didn't have Walsh.. they also didn't have their first choice hooker or halfback... For the second time in 3 weeks we've gone into a game against a team with 3/4 of their spine missing and STILL couldn't get the job done...
Absolutely disgusting..
What makes it worse for me is going into the game knowing were most likely going to lose despite how injury ravaged our opponents are...

Our attitude is disgusting also... The shirt grabbing, lack of effort, lack of anything substantial in defence is annoying.. the 2 tries they scored were embarrassingly easy and even with all the momentum in the second half still had nothing to throw at them in attack..

This side needs an overhaul.. it's long overdue (since atleast 2016....)

Said it on another thread and will say it here as well, the way the turbos and dce have performed over the last couple of years it's time the club moved them on..
You can't waste half your cap on under performing players, especially when it means you can't afford any other quality players around them and have seemingly no competent juniors coming up the ranks either

manly al

First Grader
Thought the side showed quite a bit of character coping with being under the pump for most of that i st half and that good determined 2 nd half effort .
Not as if the Broncs eased up to any extent , Just that Manly managed to get into the arm wrestle and hone their game better and definitely unlucky in the final washup
Just that bit of a lapse in the early stages letting the Broncs dictate play a bit and being a bit overpowered but certainly a different story when Manly finally got into the groove .
Broncs hard to crack in the middle or just off the ruck area and bit of a shame there was not a bit more emphasis earlier on to outflank their defensive set up .
Talau is certainly coming into his own more , Garrick is still doing some good things as a centre regardless of that poor decision after getting into the clear .
Probably will only be a marginal call on their set positions when Turbo hopefully can return fit and at a good form level and Koula reverting to the centres .
Lawton seemed to do a ton of defensive work and Froggy should be able to play a decent role again . Does"t look like Gordie can make much of a difference at the present time .
Good call to bring on Waddell when the side needed a bit of an energy boost , Bully plays his part well . Maybe a fit and focussed Sipley can bring a bit more grunt then Lodge and Brown but will just have to see .
Haumole , Paseka and to a lesser extent Alioai continue to go pretty well .
Close enough is really not much consolation but showed enough that they should be a top 8 side at a minimum . Crucial game against the Storm going into the bye .
Hopefully last nights improved effort can be a catalyst to go one better and keep the side at a competitive level on the points table

Chunkytuna

Reserve Grader
Tipping Member
I mean, so many are defending that performance, I just don't get how the fans standards are in the bin? 40% win ration last season, same again this season. Let's praise that flaccid performance ? I don't get it.

We'll only get better when the fans and members DEMAND that we get better.
I think it’s a symptom of the society we live it mate. Everyone’s a winner. Everyone deserves a pat on the back - just for showing up. IMO it breeds an acceptance of the mediocre. And that’s what we were last night - mediocre at best. Brisbane were only slightly better. Which is particularly annoying because we could and should have won that game - something that rarely happens for us in Brisbane. But some folks are happy with being also-rans. Each to their own. I’m not, and I’ll still criticise if I feel it’s warranted.

Forster eagle

Reserve Grader
Yep same. Good to see a close one in the Friday for once. Yep side def better than last year. But we still have brain explosions. I mean the Garrick break and kick ahead on 2nd was inexcusable. We would have def scored next play if he takes the tackle. Put that guy back on the wing, where ironically he was positioned when he made the break.
Totally agree. Garrick sometimes is 'all about me'. He had chez and brooksy inside him when he kicked. Earlier in the first half Ola had arms clear to offload 10 out and Reuben's waiting another 10 back organising his next play....there is no next play if he just pushed up, easy try.

Ryan

Journey Man
Is it bad that I actually woke up this morning , and actually didn't even care? LOL..Normally ruins my whole weekend. But I'm not at the point it's whatever hahaha.

God love em.. participation awards for all of them. Did they line up and grab their green 2nd placed ribbons after the match ? Haha

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
We'll only get better when the fans and members DEMAND that we get better.
This is a popular theme with a few Silvertailers, and Hey I don't knock it, because if it's true that us fans hold the team back, then this must also mean ... for those years when the side triumphed... it was because of us fans!!!! We are the real champs!

Sorry, a bit tongue in cheek there, I don't mean to disparage the unfavering passion of the fans that think this team sucks. Personally I'm quite pleased with the side so far this year, so clearly I lack passion, and if that means I'm holding them back then, sorry! but I do ask you to take into account that I did get them home to several premierships in the past! Credit where credit's due!

🤔:think:@:D

Bomb Voyage

Reserve Grader
Is it bad that I actually woke up this morning , and actually didn't even care? LOL..Normally ruins my whole weekend. But I'm not at the point it's whatever hahaha.

God love em.. participation awards for all of them. Did they line up and grab their green 2nd placed ribbons after the match ? Haha
Same brother

Ryan

Journey Man
This is a popular theme with a few Silvertailers, and Hey I don't knock it, because if it's true that us fans hold the team back, then this must also mean ... for those years when the side triumphed... it was because of us fans!!!! We are the real champs!

Sorry, a bit tongue in cheek there, I don't mean to disparage the unfavering passion of the fans that think this team sucks. Personally I'm quite pleased with the side so far this year, so clearly I lack passion, and if that means I'm holding them back then, sorry! but I do ask you to take into account that I did get them home to several premierships in the past! Credit where credit's due!

🤔:think:@:D

Hey, if you're happy with winning 40 odd percent of our games this season, losing three straight, having one of the league's worst defense's, , constant re-occuring injuries, getting rolled over in 2nd halves consistently, more power to you , mate.

I get the tongue in cheek element, and that you're trying to belittle those who are venting frustrations and annoyances, and I'm sure you'll get some likes for that.

But different people, set different standards, and different people have different expectations. Some people's are sky high, and want wins, yours, is in your arse, and you're happy with the status quo.

But yeah, thanks for the Premierships mate. We've averaged 10th (moving to 11th) for a decade, so it seems your kind of post is somewhat redundant - but that's just me..

It's just more toxic positivity.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 8 3 75 20
12 9 3 70 20
11 8 3 112 18
11 7 4 65 16
12 7 5 57 16
12 6 5 36 15
12 7 5 135 14
12 6 6 77 14
11 6 5 -38 14