Pre-Game Manly v Broncos [Round 10, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

6 32
Suncorp Stadium
05 May 2023 08:05 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes it’s tomorrow!!!

Doesn’t always work but as regulars on here know for some strange reason , I go bush and we seem to start winning more than losing , and it’s been happening for the 8 years I’ve been caravanning.

It’s really really strange , but it’s a regular occurrence.
Oh! Goodo, this week would be a great week for it to kick in coz things are looking a bit grim.

Take it easy out there Mark. Hope you land a biggin or 2!

The only issue is that like the Storm game, the very rare occasions our team played tough and high intensity, Jake was always leading the way. Tbh, I don't think our forwards are even capable of reaching this level without Jake's presence, not to mention the actual workload that needs to be compensated for.
I really don't want to agree but the evidence is damning, isn't it. I'm at the point where Im just hoping the donks will be slack coz they are expected to put a cricket score on us. But then, I am a self confessed Nervous Nelly! I'll wait to see the final team sheet b4 finalising my level of gloom and doom. @:D

I really don't want to agree but the evidence is damning, isn't it. I'm at the point where Im just hoping the donks will be slack coz they are expected to put a cricket score on us. But then, I am a self confessed Nervous Nelly! I'll wait to see the final team sheet b4 finalising my level of gloom and doom. @:D
Yep but it’s not looking promising I must say , and followed by the Sharks could easily be 3 losses in a row.

yeah, they are coming of a bad loss and they'll be wanting to atone for this in front of a sell out crowd. We need to bring our Storm game and then some, first 15min will tell the tale.
Sounds like the Gold Coast scenario from last week. But then, we're also in that situation so can't use that as an excuse. We always new this was going to be the unlikely of the last 3 games to win. Thats why last week's loss really hurts us. The forwards talk a big talk about being "connected" and wanting to play aggressive, so this week is a real acid test.

Sounds like the Gold Coast scenario from last week. But then, we're also in that situation so can't use that as an excuse. We always new this was going to be the unlikely of the last 3 games to win. Thats why last week's loss really hurts us. The forwards talk a big talk about being "connected" and wanting to play aggressive, so this week is a real acid test.
Getting tired of the player interviews tbh S68, they say the same things over and over...talks cheap, need to show it on the field.

If Schuster and Turbo are both out then we will have to think hard about our attack. Having D C E as the only real point of attack makes life much easier for the defenders and will not be enough against the Broncos. If Schuster and Turbo both out then we need to set Cooper and Croker to be attacking points - not perhaps proven strengths but we need it - and we need Weekes on bench in 14 with his speed and step.

If Schuster and Turbo are both out then we will have to think hard about our attack. Having D C E as the only real point of attack makes life much easier for the defenders and will not be enough against the Broncos. If Schuster and Turbo both out then we need to set Cooper and Croker to be attacking points - not perhaps proven strengths but we need it - and we need Weekes on bench in 14 with his speed and step.
I'd be playing Weeks at 5/8 and Lawton 14. Johns is all heart, but we need solid tacklers on Friday night.

Very hard to have a home ground advantage when we now take our home match with the Donkeys to Suncorp.
Just another example of revenue for the club's owners being worth than the two competition points.

If Jake is in fact out, we are absolutely no chance.

Wonder if anyone has done analysis for our win % when he doesn't play. Reckon it's way worse (can't remember actually winning a game without him) than when Tom doesn't play.

Our middle third will crumble Fri night, and with already weak edges, Broncos will put up a cricket score.
Yeah, with Jake not there, the question becomes, who is going to make all the tackles he makes in the middle? Sadly, I can't come up with an answer besides "No one".

Wonder if Jake injured his calf during the match.....and still managed 103 metres and 53 tackles...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10