Manly throw lifeline to star rookie Jamil Hopoate

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I really think we should get over players who leave us for more money and just move on.

I don't begrudge Will Hopoate or T-Rex for moving on, nor do I begrudge Lussick, Harrison, Whare and Oldfield moving on for more money. It's just the nature of the game today.

None of them probably wanted to leave, but with the money on the table they had no choice. We would have lost Ballin and a lot more had T-Rex re signed.

I'm very happy with the roster we have and think we'll again be title contenders, with minimal injuries.

As for Jamil, I think it will take two to three years until he's a contender for first grade, if that. He only made the bench for Parra TYC last year, so a lot of development is required but, given the prodigy he'll probably succeed.

Personally, I think young Albert is the one to watch. He could be an absolute freak in years to come, so that's why we need them all here (at home - Manly). Once John has got them all earning reasonable money to contribute to the family, William will come back.

It's a culture thing that unless you are Polynesian, you do not understand. I'm not pretending I do understand it, but I did read with interest T-Rex's reasons for leaving, when he did not want to.

rmd said:
I really think we should get over players who leave us for more money and just move on.

I don't begrudge Will Hopoate or T-Rex for moving on, nor do I begrudge Lussick, Harrison, Whare and Oldfield moving on for more money. It's just the nature of the game today.

None of them probably wanted to leave, but with the money on the table they had no choice. We would have lost Ballin and a lot more had T-Rex re signed.

I'm very happy with the roster we have and think we'll again be title contenders, with minimal injuries.

As for Jamil, I think it will take two to three years until he's a contender for first grade, if that. He only made the bench for Parra TYC last year, so a lot of development is required but, given the prodigy he'll probably succeed.

Personally, I think young Albert is the one to watch. He could be an absolute freak in years to come, so that's why we need them all here (at home - Manly). Once John has got them all earning reasonable money to contribute to the family, William will come back.

It's a culture thing that unless you are Polynesian, you do not understand. I'm not pretending I do understand it, but I did read with interest T-Rex's reasons for leaving, when he did not want to.

Well said RMD. I hold no grudges that some players have felt that, usually for financial reasons,they have to leave. I mean there is something called the salary cap and we cant hold everybody. I would welcome back Will Hopoate in an instant. I would be happy if Whare, Oldfield, Lussick, Harrison, Drinkwater, Tony Williams etc could stay. But it wont happen.

We have to therefore accept we are going to lose from time to time some top talent. And we've got to wish them well at their new locations. We have to be fair about the whole process.........but we dont have to like it grrrrrrrrr. Who can I eat.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6