Manly throw lifeline to star rookie Jamil Hopoate

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
RE: Hopoate signs with Manly

Great to see and well handled by Manly and Toovey in reassessing him in June for potential upgrade of his contract. The kid has talent and will further improve the Toyota Cup side. Just hope in his case a little loyalty is shown regarding the life line Manly have thrown him. Football is his life I understand and he is focussing on it becoming his career for the next 10-15 years. He could become an outstanding reacquisition.

He is far from a great role model.but there are plenty of players with far worse records than young hoppa. He is not down to his last warning. If Manly got rid of him tomorrow he would be picked up else where. Hopefully he switches on and makes a good go at it

the mauler said:
Massive wraps on the kid. Only 19 and deserves another chance. As already mentioned, dont think he ever wanted to leave in the first place.

If anyone can turn him around Manly can. Hel know this is his last chance, if he stuffs it up at Manly no one will touch him. Hopefully that will bring out the best in him.
I get the feeling he's come back to where he wanted to be. No doubt he was put under pressure by the family to sign with Parra in the first place. The off-field indiscretions could have been a reaction to his not wanting to be there. All part of a cunning plan perhaps....

So over the Hopoate name and the trouble it brings with it welcome back , I dont think so . We owe them nothing.

Read today Dad is working with Manly SG Ball so imagine Parra have packed them off back to us in quite quick time.

I thought John was doing MMA these days. The Octagon might just be the spot for some of his signature submission moves, better than the RL field where they weren't that big of a hit. Didn't I read somewhere he was going to take on Kimbo Slice ?

I'm glad to see Jamil back. He is only a kid. He has plenty of time to turn it around.

Plenty of players, including Choc, were no angels at Jamil's age. Who knows what the kid will turn out to be?

If he is willing to come back and behave himself, i welcome back any talented young player.

Manly seem to have management in plan to ensure he makes no mistakes.

Darren said:
Read today Dad is working with Manly SG Ball so imagine Parra have packed them off back to us in quite quick time.

Will is a talented footballer & appears to be a good role model. I don't begrudge him leaving for the monopoly money on offer at the eels.

Heck, I don't even mind giving Jamil another chance (though he will need to stay on the straight & narrow).

But having daddy Hopoate involved with Manly in any capacity....
after 40+ years of following Manly that makes me almost want to join the haters. Credit though to Parra for having the balls to give him the flick.

the mauler said:
Iv got a feeling Stuart thinks Will is on way too much coin, maybe getting rid of Jamil and John that Will might walk as well.

That would be a very big mistake on Stuart's part. Will will be an exceptional footballer. In answer to an earlier poster, John H. does have another younger son and he could be playing SG this year. As for John, oh how we forget the brilliance of this player who contributed to us winning one of our later premierships. Might be a mug in behaviour, but he was one very good player for Manly.

• 👍
Reactions: Rex
the mauler said:
Iv got a feeling Stuart thinks Will is on way too much coin, maybe getting rid of Jamil and John that Will might walk as well.

As good as Will is, I think Stuart is right. Parra paid overs for Will.

He's not the only Parra player in that boat though. They paid overs for most of their team.

faithful said:
Sorry agreed Will wasnt any hassle on or off the field just dropped us like a hot potato.

And only because parra offered him $850k a season which he would be mad not to take. Hpopefully two ordinary seasons at Parra and his price tag will drop and we will take him back for less money

Bearfax said:
the mauler said:

That would be a very big mistake on Stuart's part. Will will be an exceptional footballer. In answer to an earlier poster, John H. does have another younger son and he could be playing SG this year. As for John, oh how we forget the brilliance of this player who contributed to us winning one of our later premierships. Might be a mug in behaviour, but he was one very good player for Manly.

Yes, Will is a truly exceptional talent. And no, Ricky's right to think he's overpaid.

John's legacies also include his contribution to keeping Manly's zero wooden spoons record intact. For several years Manly were rightfully spoon favourites, and Hoppa's hard yards go-forward was a huge factor in avoiding that award. People forget so quickly.

Jamil's return to the fold is like a naked plank. Risky and stupid from a conventional view. And who dares to be the best without some convention-breaking, risk-taking attitude?

John 'Hoppa' back and giving some training to the boys.

http://www.seaeagles.com.au/news-display/Knock-out-session-for-Sea-Eagles/67720

Not long now till the whole Hoppa family is back home!!!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6