[Resurrected] Manly & the media (and the "media" in general)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Easy fix. Every time a story comes out in the media that is not true, a spokesperson or the player themselves should come out in the media and calmly call the story a crock.

The problem there is that after a couple of times, the media wouldn't want to give the club or the talked about player the opportunity to clear the air in the same newspaper that made up the lie in the first place.

So, the club should be way more proactive, get on the front foot and not only call the stories that are made up by lazy sports journo's crap, but ask them, through our own club website to tell us where they got there info from.

I'd love to see the club do this through their website. If only to appease us, the loyal fans. Let us know what's really what, and let the general public believe what they will by reading the papers. It would give us some peace of mind and confidence that the club really does know what it's doing.

How good would it have been last week when the eels scumbags were here carrying on like tools about Foran, if all we had to do was visit the official website, and get the truth about the situation?

Oh well......it's just a thought.

As much as I would love this as a fan its a double edged sword. There is bound to be rumours the club / player doesn't want confirm for various reason. Better to set the status quo of no confirmation or denial of rumours, at least from the club / player perspective. Sucks for us fans!!

As much as I would love this as a fan its a double edged sword. There is bound to be rumours the club / player doesn't want confirm for various reason. Better to set the status quo of no confirmation or denial of rumours, at least from the club / player perspective. Sucks for us fans!!
Status Quo

Now there was a rock band!!

The Media is what it is to write and sell there paper . We like to read it when we see the good news story and when we see the bad news story . we tend to believe the good one but question the bad one . then we debate it we have our opinion whether its right or wrong or just what we think . we as punters can take it as a pinch of salt but to those who it is written about could cause more grief if its an untrue story but the media will always publish, they don't seem to care who it hurts or effects anyone as long as they can another paper if you think its not true you can always read about it somewhere

It's beautiful sunny day here in QLD, currently enjoying a coffee
Yeah. Yeah. You think this is not offensive MFB. I gave up coffee for six months (health thing) on Xmas day 2014 .... AND IT'S KILLING ME!!!!! KILLING MEEEEEEEE! I don't want to hear about your bloody coffee!!
I find the whole Foz DCE thing FAR less distressing.
Breathe ....
Rant over.

Yeah. Yeah. You think this is not offensive MFB. I gave up coffee for six months (health thing) on Xmas day 2014 .... AND IT'S KILLING ME!!!!! KILLING MEEEEEEEE! I don't want to hear about your bloody coffee!!
I find the whole Foz DCE thing FAR less distressing.
Breathe ....
Rant over.

I shouldn't then tell you about the nice double shot flat white I had for lunch, in fact it was so bloody good I had TWO!!

Funny, nothing in the Sunday papers so the forum goes quiet .

We are like bloody sheep, or moths drawn to a light.

Fair dinkum if I've learnt one thing over the last month, we may not buy the papers but a whole lot of us read them online.

It's click bait, and we are the prawns at the end of the hook!!

Funny, nothing in the Sunday papers so the forum goes quiet .

We are like bloody sheep, or moths drawn to a light.

Fair dinkum if I've learnt one thing over the last month, we may not buy the papers but a whole lot of us read them online.

It's click bait, and we are the prawns at the end of the hook!!

Are you drinking Mark? I know I am! @:D

What a beautiful day it was today. Hovered around 33 deg. The wind didn't stop all day. The pool is calling me, but I shall have to attend to the BBQ first. The tiger prawns are running and the bounty is large.

Life is good! :mm: Damn, it feels good to be in QLD!

Don't tell Chezza I said that!! @:( @:p

Are you drinking Mark? I know I am! @:D

What a beautiful day it was today. Hovered around 33 deg. The wind didn't stop all day. The pool is calling me, but I shall have to attend to the BBQ first. The tiger prawns are running and the bounty is large.

Life is good! :mm: Damn, it feels good to be in QLD!

Of course, no pool at my place ( I'm never home long enough to warrant it), but it's a nice cooler, Queensland afternoon, and yes enjoying a refreshing beverage.

It will be digital fish and chip wrapping soon:) bring on Parra game this Friday.

Mark and Moz, i feel like prawns now. :)

Hi Dave,

Had prawns last night, tonight it's Red Throat Emperor!!

If I have fish and salad my wife lets me drink more beer!!

It will be digital fish and chip wrapping soon:) bring on Parra game this Friday.

Mark and Moz, i feel like prawns now. :)

Oh yes that's right there's a footy game on, funny after the last month in here I thought everyone had forgotten about that.

I honestly think we need to hear from the media. I want a straight answer. Why do you try so hard to bury us?? I dont get it. Dont give me this s#@t about every team cops it. No one gets it as bad as Manly. The whole titans team are racking up cocaine yet Manly articles dominate titans 2 to 1.
How come St.George doesn't cop all the crap we get. Lost their best player in Brett Morris. Their second best player Trent Merrin doesn't want to play for them. They have only just realised there is a pokie machine tax on, so their leagues club is going broke. Only won 1 premiership in close to 35 years, have had the same dopey CEo for yonks, but not even close to the garbage we get. Why ???

Mark I ised to do some work with one of the sydney majors who had a strategy specifically around that

Mark I ised to do some work with one of the sydney majors who had a strategy specifically around that
Well tell them it's working!!

Talk about getting sucked in by them, most of the posters on here are specials to do that !

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7