Manly Team

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

DVS Matt

Bencher
Broncos vs Sea Eagles - Team Line-up
31/07/2007
By Manly Sea Eagles

Coach Des Hasler has named Steve Menzies at centre in place of the injured Steve Matai. Added to the six man bench is Matt Ballin, Clint Halden and Jason Wells.

SEA EAGLES NRL TEAM: Brett Stewart, Michael Robertson, Steve Bell, Steve Menzies, Chris Hicks, Jamie Lyon, Matt Orford ©, Mark Bryant, Michael Monaghan, Brent Kite, Anthony Watmough, Glenn Stewart, Luke Williamson
Interchange: Matt Ballin, Glenn Hall, Adam Cuthbertson, Jack Afamasaga, Clint Halden, Jason Wells (2 players to be omitted)

Sea Eagles Premier League: Dean Connell, Sean Dalton, Shane Neumann, Nick Bradley-Qalilawa, Michael Bani, James Mortimer, Aaron Groom, Chris Trembath, Sam Key, Sione Finefeuiaki, Vic Mauro, Mark Offerdahl, Jon Grieve
Interchange: Putt Berryman, Adam Shaw, Bede Tuohy, Todd Barrow

Sea Eagles Jersey Flegg: Matt Hastie, John Gray, K J Mackenzie, Andrew Everingham, Lincoln Gutherson, Harry Berryman, Kieran Foran, Illija Radan, J P Hawach, Inoke Tapaatoutai, Hayden Stevens, Junior Palau, Trent Rose
Interchange: Sean Rath, Darcy Lussick, Santana Palmer, Jack Pona, Pat North, Daryl Jang

Bloody predictable Des.
Lyon 4, Monas 6, Ballin 9. Broken record time.

Great to see Wells get some recognition for a great year, even though he'll drop straight off.
It's also good to see big Trembath keep his PL starting spot. Big things for him next year.

Good also to see Ballin back.

Its obvious Wells & Halden will drop off. They really must have their eye on Halden being the utility half next year.

I don't like Menzies in the centres & I'd take any opportunity to get Ballin in the team. That's my agaenda.

I don't like Menzies in the centres & I'd take any opportunity to get Ballin in the team. That's my agaenda.

Only a matter of time now Duff. Next year we will have Ballin starting and hopefully Beaver back to the second row for good.

Why do people say that Monaghan should be No 6. Name me one good game he played there. He is surely there as hooker or half.

Neumann has potential in the centre but with Hodges back in the team on that side do you seriously want anyone but Beaver marking him?

Why do people say that Monaghan should be No 6. Name me one good game he played there. He is surely there as hooker or half.

Neumann has potential in the centre but with Hodges back in the team on that side do you seriously want anyone but Beaver marking him?

The same could be said for Menzies in the centres.
Monas at 5/8 has more potential & is more likely to work than Menzies in the centres.
Monas at 5/8 also utilises both Lyon & Ballin in a more effective way.

[quote author=Canteen Worker]

The same could be said for Menzies in the centres.
Monas at 5/8 has more potential & is more likely to work than Menzies in the centres.
Monas at 5/8 also utilises both Lyon & Ballin in a more effective way.
[/quote]
you make some reasonable points Duff, especially about Ballin and Beaver. However Monaghan and Orford don't play well in the halves together and this would diminish the team's overall performance imho.

I am sure we will see a bit of shuffling during the match anyway. I would have a decent punt that at some points Lyon and Menzies will swap over and Beaver will run on the right and Lyon left.

Looking at that bench im assuming that Orford still isnt 100% and one of the backrowers are in doubt

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6