Manly Team - No changes

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Pepi

Bencher
Coach Des Hasler has named a largely unchanged line-up from the team the comprehensively defeated the Roosters on Saturday. Added to the six man bench is Travis Burns and Jack Afamasaga.

SEA EAGLES NRL TEAM: Brett Stewart, Michael Robertson, Steve Bell, Steve Matai, Chris Hicks, Jamie Lyon, Matt Orford ©, Jason King, Michael Monaghan, Brent Kite, Anthony Watmough, Glenn Stewart, Luke Williamson
Interchange: Glenn Hall, Glenn Hall, Mark Bryant, Steve Menzies, Travis Burns, Jack Afamasaga, Adam Cuthbertson (3 players to be omitted)

Beaver on the bench again?? Hmmmm...I don't think he'll be happy with that one. Could be a sign Des is managing him out of thr team?

My bench would still be:-

14. Matt Ballin
15. Glenn Hall
16. Mark Bryant
17. Luke Williamson

but really....who cares...if this teams goes ANYWHERE near what it did last week I'd be happy.

Who am I to question the team selection when we are winning 56 blot.

I am tipping that Burns will play in the 17 with one of the 'boppas' to drop off as we will want a mobile defence against the smallish pack of the Tigpies.

I was surprised at the 'power' bench last week, but it obviously worked. Maybe Des thinks we will power over the tigers pack which is probably likely. I'd like Burns to be in there for his defense around the rucks as it's the tigers tactic to come down the middle against a tiring big pack of quick play the balls. I trust Des has seen this.

I think having Beaver on the bench is a good move. It means that we are less weakened in both attack and defence when he comes on. Part of the issue in the last few weeks has been lack of impact when King and Kite have their rest.

Yeah, Bryant just doesn't step up. Hall has some grunt. What's with Bryant always backing into tackles when he doesn't have an offload in him. I'm concerned about Farrah racing up the middle as he does very effectively.

Exactly CW. I always think, ****, here goes our go-forward when Kit and King bench, but least with Cuthbo and Menzies to come on, we actually have impact.

This will be a very interesting game. im really looking forward to this one.

The Tigers came at us in the first half of Round 2, with a dual strategy of fast scoots out of dummy half and throwing out along the backline to go around us. In previous years it would have worked well, but when our defence was rock solid they made errors in frustration.

Its obvious Sheens and Hasler will have been studying the tapes from round 2 and i cant wait to see the strategies employed on Friday.

Damn good thing we are not going into this game after a performance like ours was against St George two weeks ago.

I am tipping that Burns will play in the 17 with one of the 'boppas' to drop off as we will want a mobile defence against the smallish pack of the Tigpies.

It will not be the case, in fact I will be surprised that barring injuries of "lets play Ben Kennedy" proportions we will not see Burns in the starting 17 for the rest of his time with Manly.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6