Manly Team for Auckland 9s

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I don't want ANY of them to get injured. I think our 2017 squad is pretty good, I'm a bit worried that we are sending a team of good players.
Realistically Shoe we are only sending about 5 players guaranteed a starting 13 spot and about 3 maybes.

I'm a little surprised to see Kennedy's name instead of Hopoate or Brown in this format of the game. It's a big back row for nines.

I'm happy with the team being sent. It appears they are going to have a crack at the prize... I think 26/1 is way overs, so I've had a small bet on that. Either way, we will feel like winners if they all come back unscathed.

Yes it is being positive so hopefully, the squad is spending a bit of time training for the event.
If we're not taking it serious and running hard or committing to defence then injuries will occur.
Showing no structure, leads to impulsive movements and decisions which will have an adverse affect on the body.
Be tough manly, run hard, get thru the sets and show some creativity running plays wide of the ruck.
And smash parramatta!

Yes it is being positive so hopefully, the squad is spending a bit of time training for the event.
If we're not taking it serious and running hard or committing to defence then injuries will occur.
Showing no structure, leads to impulsive movements and decisions which will have an adverse affect on the body.
Be tough manly, run hard, get thru the sets and show some creativity running plays wide of the ruck.
And smash parramatta!

Yes smashing those arseholes would be the only excitement from this **** for brains competition!

Definitely, add in Schuster and Winterstein who also were 7s players and we should have a number suited to the shorter form of the game.
Yeah I agree. Actually looks a pretty competitive squad for a 9s comp. Lots of speedy backs and mobile forwards. Be lovely if we won the thing - be a nice morale boost for us all! And pleased with the selection of Schuster. That kid has an impeccable footy pedigree and judging by his highlight reels looks a genuine prospect. Could be a winger smokie in first grade if he blitzes it over there.

Baz is open about the fact that he doesnt like the 9s.

Hence why basically our key players are being rested.

That said, still a decent team being fielded, and gives some game time for players on the edge of top 17.

Baz is open about the fact that he doesnt like the 9s.

Hence why basically our key players are being rested.

That said, still a decent team being fielded, and gives some game time for players on the edge of top 17.
Yup I know some people think it's a waste of time but it gives guys an opportunity on the big stage. We have some room in the backs so hopefully a few of our boys come through.

So, with Matt Wright out of the 9's, who goes into the team?

If they are serious about giving this a nudge, I'm thinking Api? This kind of format should suit his style...

If they are serious about giving this a nudge, I'm thinking Api? This kind of format should suit his style...

The **** stirrer in me is dying to say DCE, just to read the posts calling me an idiot.

Don't know but it would need to be someone in the top 25. Tom and Walker are the only 2 backs not going who would be in the top 25 and I can't see either of them being risked, so probably a forward like ..... wait for it ....... LEWIS BROWN.

Agreed about Api Koerisua,..don;t know about u, but i like this member zone and what the club is doing for members first now...

Agreed about Api Koerisua,..don;t know about u, but i like this member zone and what the club is doing for members first now...
What is this member zone you speak of? I haven't heard you mention it before... oh and where are you from again? :think:

Last edited:
SKY TV Commentary
A: 'Wright gets the ball to Wright who makes a nice half break before offloading to Wright....was that Wright who got the ball away?'
B: 'Yes that's right'
A: 'Yes Wright'
B: 'That's what I said'
A: 'Right'
B: 'F&$@! Off Halligan'
And that Flying High scene immediately jumps into my head...

Tower: Flight 2-0-9'er, you are cleared for take-off.
Captain Oveur: Roger!
Roger Murdock: Huh?
Tower voice: L.A. departure frequency, 123 point 9'er.
Victor Basta: Request vector, over.
Captain Oveur: What?
Tower voice: Flight 2-0-9'er cleared for vector 324.
Roger Murdock: We have clearance, Clarence.
Captain Oveur: Roger, Roger. What's our vector, Victor?
Tower voice: Tower's radio clearance, over!
Captain Oveur: That's Clarence Oveur. Over.
Tower voice: Over.
Captain Oveur: Roger.
Tower voice: Roger, over!
Roger Murdock: What?
Captain Oveur: Huh?
Victor Basta: Who?

And that Flying High scene immediately jumps into my head...

Tower: Flight 2-0-9'er, you are cleared for take-off.
Tower voice: L.A. departure frequency, 123 point 9'er.
Victor Basta: Request vector, over.
Captain Oveur: What?
Tower voice: Flight 2-0-9'er cleared for vector 324.
Roger Murdock: We have clearance, Clarence.
Captain Oveur: Roger, Roger. What's our vector, Victor?
Tower voice: Tower's radio clearance, over!
Captain Oveur: That's Clarence Oveur. Over.
Tower voice: Over.
Captain Oveur: Roger.
Tower voice: Roger, over!
Roger Murdock: What?
Captain Oveur: Huh?
Victor Basta: Who?

It's a classic that movie, funny as.

Anyone find it strange that Omar wasn't named in the team?.... interesting.
Maybe we're going to release him from his trial and train....

Not that interesting Batty, who in that original squad would you have put him in front of?

With @Bearfax though, thought Hoppa would get a gig.

Anyone find it strange that Omar wasn't named in the team?.... interesting.
Maybe we're going to release him from his trial and train....
I'm sure I read/heard somewhere that Omar has moved on - back to NZ to play rugby ???

@Hgbcds might be able to confirm ??

Last edited:
Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6