Manly taking games to Adelaide?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

bones

Bones Knows
ABC news is reporting that South Australian rugby league officials are in talks with Manly about playing some games in Adelaide. It doesn't say which year they're thinking about doing this.

ABC news is reporting that South Australian rugby league officials are in talks with Manly about playing some games in Adelaide. It doesn't say which year they're thinking about doing this.

I'd suggest 2016.

Probably with some SA Governent funding.

To recap this season... we are playing one home game in Albury, round 5 against the Raiders. Is the other home game round 21 v the Broncos likely to be in Perth?

As long as brookie is in its current format I do not think there is much choice

The NRL could be smart and help all teams take 1 game per year to a regional stadium and guarantee a minimum gate takings for it plus costs (flights & accomodation)

ha, who am I kidding

I'm happy if we take our two Gosford games to exotic locals such as Albury and Adelaide - just as long as we get 10 games at Brookie. Our position in the comp over the last decade is a result of our imposing home record.

Living in Adelaide as I have for my entire life, I am not going to argue with Manly playing in here :D

The only question for me is where to play games here. The larger capacity (53,583) but unsuited Adelaide Oval or the smaller capacity (17,000) Hindmarsh....er.....Coopers Stadium which is a soccer specific stadium that is long enough to have a full length league field with 6m in-goals at either end. Knowing the SA Government and their want to have every big event happen in the city so they can cash in on it somehow, I would say the Adelaide Oval.

Ever since the Rams were closed up by News ltd. under the ARL/SL peace deal, Adelaide has been almost ignored by the NRL. Its about time that changed. There is definitely a market for rugby league in Adelaide, they just need to tap into it, not ignore it.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6