Manly swoop on Broncos young gun Delroy Berryman

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Blistering speed can't be coached and Delroy has speed to burn.
That's the one thing Manly has been missing for a while now.
Can't wait to see this guy in action.

Apparently we have signed Mark O'Dare from the Titans as well. A 21 year old winger/ utility back originally from the Central Coast that runs the 100m in under 11 secs. I love Titans discards :)

It's good to see that our recruitment is concentrating on outside backs, and props. Snake, Jamie, Steve and possibly Wolfman will all need replacing in a season or two. Champions like these four are difficult to replace, but we make a habit of cultivating great players.

Last year most of the recruits were in the forwards, so this season Manly is recruiting for the backs :angel:

Do any of these recruits have kicking ability ?

Manly really need to address this, as poor Killer is getting past it and should be given the option to just concentrate on scoring/setting up tries :idea:

HappilyManly said:
Last year most of the recruits were in the forwards, so this season Manly is recruiting for the backs :angel:

Manly really need to address this, as poor Killer is getting past it and should be given the option to just concentrate on scoring/setting up tries :idea:

DCE can kick a decent goal or two if he is called upon.

faithful said:
HappilyManly said:

DCE can kick a decent goal or two if he is called upon.

no he can't

Boofhead said:
Apparently we have signed Mark O'Dare from the Titans as well. A 21 year old winger/ utility back originally from the Central Coast that runs the 100m in under 11 secs. I love Titans discards :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOX4RczR_I4

Boofhead said:

O'Dare has also been the the Groome/Berryman school of youtube promotional videos

http://youtu.be/ZOX4RczR_I4

I'm confused about O'dare - in that video he has 15 on his back a few times, which suggests he is coming off the bench. Yet he is at fullback. Also he has 13 on his back in a few highlights, which means he is a lock. Yet he is playing very wide at centre positionally.

With numbers like (15,13) - that it smells like rugby to me..............

It is easy to tell it is rugby without even watching the video. You can tell by the playing gear it is rugby.

The Wheel said:

So... his 2010-12 "highlights" package is from Sydney Uni rah rah, then went to Gold Coast and now at Manly....hmmm.

Garts said:
It is easy to tell it is rugby without even watching the video. You can tell by the playing gear it is rugby.

You can tell it's rugby because the only crowd watching is the reserve bench

The Wheel said:

Together with the fact that tackling seems to be very rare in the game

And jack Littlejohn highlights package from 2011.

http://youtu.be/9NTuu6UwjoA

StuBoot said:
The Wheel said:

So... his 2010-12 "highlights" package is from Sydney Uni rah rah, then went to Gold Coast and now at Manly....hmmm.

The clips were initially playing for Sydney Uni, then he must have switched the next season to Gordon. He is obviously fast, and looks strong, but these promotional videos are like the trailers of a movie - just the highlights from an otherwise lame film.
Still, you can't blame any player for promoting themselves. There have been plenty of good rugby outside backs who have made terrific league players.

The Who said:
StuBoot said:
The Wheel said:

The clips were initially playing for Sydney Uni, then he must have switched the next season to Gordon. He is obviously fast, and looks strong, but these promotional videos are like the trailers of a movie - just the highlights from an otherwise lame film.
Still, you can't blame any player for promoting themselves. There have been plenty of good rugby outside backs who have made terrific league players.

I remember the start of last season when someone put up a video of BJ's highlights clips. I couldn't wait to see the speed he had translate to our forward pack and he didn't disappoint.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4