Manly swoop on Broncos young gun Delroy Berryman

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Shaka1eye

Reserve Grader
Manly swoop on Broncos young gun Delroy Berryman

Chris Garry
The Courier-Mail
May 06, 2013 12:00AM

BRISBANE Broncos prodigy Delroy Berryman has been snatched by the Manly Sea Eagles.

A star for the Redcliffe Dolphins in the Intrust Super Cup, Berryman will head to Manly in November after signing a two-year deal with the Sydney club at the weekend.

Berryman, 22, a winger with exceptional pace, was signed by the Broncos on a second-tier deal after an outstanding 2012 with the Dolphins.

He played in two of the club's pre-season trials, but failed to impress enough to secure a place in their NRL team, with Josh Hoffman and Lachlan Maranta ahead of him.

Berryman's manager, former Maroons Origin fullback Clinton Schifcofske, said Manly gave his client an opportunity the Broncos could not match.

"The Broncos were great during the negotiations, but Manly have given Delroy a real opportunity to crack the NRL," he said.

"It goes to show how strong the Intrust Super Cup competition is that Sydney clubs are prepared to back players from here."

Berryman has a significant chance in making his NRL debut at Manly, with winger David Williams tipped to be moving clubs.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyone seen this kid play?

Lots of attack in him. What is he like in defense?

He is obviously ok if he has made it this far with a name like Delroy. What are some of these parents thinking when they name them !!

Brett, David, Steve, Glenn, Jason, Anthony, Matt, Keiren, Tom etc, all good quality strong footy names. Daly is just passing muster but Delroy, good luck to him

Nice pick up. Young Delroy looks like a youngster with a lot of gas and a natural finisher with a knack for try scoring.

mickqld said:
Who said Wolfman was heading to another club ?

Ahh, so Mick and I are out of the loop obviously!...when was it announced that Wolfman is moving clubs!!!:(

HappilyManly said:
The Broncos rejected Matty and Chez, so Delroy should be a winner for our Recruiters as well :)

I reckon when the Donkeys reject a player and we pick them up someone in the club starts going FUUUUUUUuuuuuuuu!!!!!!

wombatgc said:
mickqld said:
Who said Wolfman was heading to another club ?

Ahh, so Mick and I are out of the loop obviously!...when was it announced that Wolfman is moving clubs!!!:(

Zero speculation on Wolf around brookie at present. He's here to stay, and in great form.

Every club needs a Delroy, KE. Anyways, all names allowed after Fui Fui, Feleti, Lopini, Ziggy, Bronson, Aposai and Inosai... shall I go on?

Ian Martin tragic said:
Every club needs a Delroy, KE. Anyways, all names allowed after Fui Fui, Feleti, Lopini, Ziggy, Bronson, Aposai and Inosai... shall I go on?

When a fella called Darius played Origin, league started to lose its toughness. The island names are a different kettle of fish ;)

Look at the immortals, Reg, John, Robert, Graeme, Arthur, Wally, Clive and Andrew, all good solid male names :p

Never liked Andrew. Hard to come up with a reason not to keep Wolfie. Going great at the moment.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4