Manly struggling to match Souths support

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Eagles Nest 08

Reserve Grader
Free transport Allianz Stadium can’t stop Sea Eagles fans being overrun by Rabbitohs

RABID Rabbitohs fans are buying tickets to Friday's away final against Manly at an astonishing rate of five times that of Sea Eagles supporters.

It could be a case of spot the Manly supporter at the club's home semi-final at Allianz Stadium, with nearly 25,000 South Sydney fans expected to head to Allianz Stadium.

Read More

RE: Free transport Allianz Stadium can’t stop Sea Eagles fans being overrun by Rabbitohs

the media whinging that our players arent talking for 15 minutes like the lovely Greg Inglis. Imagine how many bull**** stories they could make out of a 15 min interview with Watmough.

Souths saying their fans its not even their home ground? their less than 5km away from the ground. They should out number us. Its a bull**** 'reward'.

RE: Free transport Allianz Stadium can’t stop Sea Eagles fans being overrun by Rabbitohs

Cmon Manly fans. Get out there and support the boys. Souths fans always buy heaps of tickets. They always think it's their year.

Makes no difference how many Rabbids turn up, there will be only we Manly Fans by fulltime :D

The exodus of Rabbids from the ANZ Semi in 2013, could have been used as the crowd scene in Rusty's next Bible Epic - Moses :idea:

As some have said on here previously about the difference between the nrl and afl media.

It does seem to me that the afl are happy to promote the finals with positive stories galore, but our hacks of the nrl media just spew forth negative story after negative story.

(or have I got it wrong)

Go Manly

(and Manly hates you too)

RE: Free transport Allianz Stadium can’t stop Sea Eagles fans overrun by Rabbitohs

To be fair dinkum we need 10,000 to 12,000 Manly supporters (at the very least) there to support our team on Friday (tomorrow) night – if not we should question ourselves!

The NRL has made it quite clear in the last 4 or so years, a Sydney v’s Sydney team will be played at the bigger grounds and not the suburban grounds in the Semi’s. That’s an easy decision if they get a gate of 32,000 to 35,000 people on the night. The media facilities and everything else / including the corporate seating again makes it a no brainer. We can complain but they are the true facts. Every semi Final use to be played at Moore Park all in the 1990’s.

It always goes back to St. George v’s Parramatta (1st week Semi in 2009) where St. George refused to take it away from Kogarah Oval were they got around 17,500 to 18,000 and not take it to the Sydney Football Stadium (Moore Park). The NRL made sure that mistake will never occur again!!

Tell people to use the free buses (for tomorrow) and tickets prices are incredibly low. You tell me where you can buy Family passes from $35 to $50 and get free transport for a major city sporting team play offs (Semi’s) end of year - anywhere else in the world??

Game kicks off 8pm, so plenty of time to make it!

Fact:
1) Friday is a work/school day.
2) Parents mostly work outside of the Peninsular.
3) Kids mostly attend lical schools.
4) Bus from City takes 1:20 hours once you get on after leaving work at 5pm

So having free buses means diddlysquat to working families. They could not get home, pick up the kids and arrive for the kickoff :dodgy:

The TV Schedule prohibits most Manly Fans attending Friday night games, thats why our game was bumped by Nein :mad:

The trip down Pittwater rd, across the Spit Bridge, down Military rd, into the city and arriving at Allianz is not one to be taken lightly on a Friday night after a hard week at work. 2 lanes of traffic the entire way, sometimes it merges into 1 lane. Its a really bad drive in there...
I can understand perfectly why people wont travel in there. The govt shafts Peninsula folk with pathetic transport options to get to the city. It sucks driving in there. And its our home game too. I hate the NRL and i hate Fartberg.

Go Manly.

Lord Eagleton said:
The trip down Pittwater rd, across the Spit Bridge, down Military rd, into the city and arriving at Allianz is not one to be taken lightly on a Friday night after a hard week at work. 2 lanes of traffic the entire way, sometimes it merges into 1 lane. Its a really bad drive in there...
I can understand perfectly why people wont travel in there. The govt shafts Peninsula folk with pathetic transport options to get to the city. It sucks driving in there. And its our home game too. I hate the NRL and i hate Fartberg.

Go Manly.

but but but some journo yesterday said it's "only" 20k from brookie.

Therefore it must be a 5 lane motorway and only take 5 mins or so!!!!!!

:rolleyes:

My son and I are going, but it will be inconvenient. We both work at Crows Nest and he doesn't finish until after 6pm. There is no adequate bus service to the ground so we'll be catching a train and then a bus. Unfortunately the direct buses from the Manly League Club won;t stop on the way for supporters like us. I've enquired and was told it is an express service.
Pity. Not everybody lives or works near the Manly Leagues Club.
Last year I drove to the SFS and was stuck for two hours in the car park. I vowed never to drive there again.
So I completely understand why Manly fans, even the most avid, may choose to watch the match on TV.

It is ok for me as I work in the city and live near the SFS, but for a lot of Manly fans living and working in God's country it would be physically possible for them to finish work and make it to the SFS on time. Yet the media continue to peddle the myth that Manly fans are not "willing" to get to the game. What a croc.

Souths fans have an unfair advantage because they don't have jobs. Why doesn't the media ever talk about that?

The Who said:
Last year I drove to the SFS and was stuck for two hours in the car park. I vowed never to drive there again.

I think i remember your post on here about it actually

It would be so less of a problem if this game was played on either Saturday or Sunday as it rightly should be.

Of course the NRL continually bow to the masters of coin, and all fairness is disregarded.

Now the hacks have their agenda filled and start attacking our fans as being soft and uninterested.

Hence why i hate the NRL management for having no spine at all. They are the real problem here

If the buses are so bad on a Friday evening from the northern beaches, heres a few options -

Go to Manly and get the ferry across to the city
Drive or catch the bus to Chatswood, and get the train in

There are always options people, and we make our own decisions.
Some as advice as others have said - DO NOT DRIVE! $20 for parking and 2 hour waits to get out of the ground, not an enjoyable experience.

Any bus that goes through Paddington will drop you at Paddo Town Jall. 200 meters from Gate E eastern stand. Ie Most Bondi buses and the M40 Express.
www.131500.com.au

All the Anzac Parade buses drop you past Fox Studios.

I have had that experience re driving into Moore park and city in that car park for over 2 hours so bad- and to make it worse to be stuck in there with souths supporters - no thanks

Even though we are going to be out numbered tomorrow night , have a shorter turn around and a ref that will have in for us- if we can pull this off it would be one of the most sweetest wins all season, cannot wait to be amongst fellow manly tragics in bay 34, it will be " doing the eagle rock"

Go Manly!!!

Related article:

A Spit Bridge too far as Manly Sea Eagles moan over travelling to Allianz Stadium

September 11, 2014
Chris Barrett
SMH

Not for the first time, the world, as seen through the eyes of those on the northern beaches, is against Manly. And not for the first time, the Spit Bridge may as well be the Himalayas.

No team does siege mentality quite like the Sea Eagles. Heading into Friday night's qualifying final against South Sydney, last year's grand finalists are again drawing on that spirit.

It was never going to sit well with Geoff Toovey's men that, having finished second on the NRL premiership ladder after 26 rounds, they must do more driving than their third-placed opponents before their finals showdown.

Read More

RABID Rabbitohs fans are buying tickets to Friday's away final against Manly at an astonishing rate of five times that of Sea Eagles supporters.

It could be a case of spot the Manly supporter at th
Tau12001.jpg
e club's home semi-final at Allianz Stadium, with nearly 25,000 South Sydney fans expected to head to Allianz Stadium.

There may only be about 6000 Manly fans willing to head into the city for the clash.

"It is magnificent support from our members and fans," said Souths CEO Shane Richardson. "And remember, this isn't our home ground although people keep going on that it is. Souths fans will be travelling from all over Sydney to get to the game. That's great to see."

Manly players urged fans to attend the match despite remaining angry the game wasn't being played at Brookvale Oval.

"It's unfair," said Manly five-eighth Kieran Foran. "You work your arse off all year to finish first or second and then we have to go out and play at Allianz.

"It should be played at Brookie in my eyes. It means our fans have to travel further.

"But there is nothing we can do about it. We just have to get on with it and hope our fans travel out there and give us the support that we need."

Manly has even taken the step of providing free return bus trips to Allianz Stadium for fans.

The buses will run from Manly Leagues Club, Pittwater Road, Brookvale, starting in the early evening.

But there's little wonder Manly struggle to pull a crowd after another shambolic media day on Wednesday.

Players again were being pulled away from reporters mid-interview, others ended interviews after speaking for a grand total of 90 seconds.

In contrast, Souths superstar Greg Inglis spoke to the media on Tuesday for more than 15 minutes.

"The more support out there the better for us," said Manly winger Jorge Taufua. "Unfortunately it can't be at Brookvale but we still can't wait until Friday.

"We would love to play at Brookvale and we know everyone else doesn't want to. Everyone hates it there.

"But that's the way it goes. I can't say much more."

Many thought the Manly-Souths game would draw a crowd of 40,000 — but that won't happen.

It is understood Saturday night's semi-final between Sydney Roosters and Penrith at Allianz may draw about 22,000 fans.

About 24,000 fans will watch the Cowboys-Broncos semi-final at 1300 Smiles Stadium in Townsville on Saturday night.

Meanwhile Manly fullback Brett Stewart, who missed last weekend's match through injury, will play Souths, as will injured prop Brenton Lawrence.
Dean Ritchie
The Daily Telegraph

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/free-transport-to-allianz-stadium-cant-stop-sea-eagles-fans-being-overrun-by-rabbitohs-supporters/story-fni3gnk1-1227054419167

No, how about many Manly fans have to work for a living to maybe 6 - 6.30, and have responsabilities. Then, after coming second, we are asked to travel to a ground that is familiar to Souths.

Call a spade a spade. The NRL want Souths to win this one, because it's part of the grand plan.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4