Manly sign Sao

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Briza said:
"We've identified some top young talent in Michael Chee Kam, Clinton Gutherson, Jake Trbojevic and now Ligi, so our future certainly looks bright."

Some fine talent there that's for sure, my only concern is our back row is covered for a few years yet.
And If Stewart re-signs for 3 years, how much patience does Gutherson have?

Jake and Ligi being front rowers will get there chance with a bench spot at some period.

A healthy position to be in none the less.

At 17 years old, I don't think Gutherson would have any issues with being a winger for 3 years knowing that he is being trained for the FB role when Brett leaves/retires. Plus he's a local boy, and bleeds Maroon and White. Gutherson isn't leaving.

Ligi Sao

Not sure if anyone cares but thought I'd mention that former Toyota Cup commentator Matt Russell assures me that Ligi Sao's name is pronounced Lingi Sow (as in a pig sow).

I know it won't stop us from having fun about Soggy Sao and the like but thought I'd mention it anyway for future reference.

GO MANLY!

Ligi Sao

Watching the game and my god the Warriors have some good kids coming through

100m+ today from Sao,
It's going to be good in a few years time to have props that will do 100m+,
think about it Cunningham, Stromquest, Jake T and Sao is going to be prop rotation that is scary

RE: Ligi Sao

Haven't seen him play but the talk sounds good and I love the name whichever way it's pronounced.

It was stated in commentary that he has NOT signed so what is the story have we gone off to early to mask all our departures?

16 runs for 159m. 6 Tackle Breaks. 22 Tackles. Not sure how many minutes he played though.

Not bad at all...

He might not have signed a contract but has agreed to terms via a letter of intent?

Well, technically he hasn't yet agreed to terms via a letter of intent, but he has told his manager to send an email expressing his willingness to send a letter of intent... at Manly we know there are many steps before a pen is required ;)

Blake said:
16 runs for 159m. 6 Tackle Breaks. 22 Tackles. Not sure how many minutes he played though.

14. The kid is a dynamo!

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Well, technically he hasn't yet agreed to terms via a letter of intent, but he has told his manager to send an email expressing his willingness to send a letter of intent... at Manly we know there are many steps before a pen is required ;)

Blake said:

14. The kid is a dynamo!

Taylor - 97 kg hooker.

Things are grim when teams have two 97kg hookers and they are killing it.

Both actually remind me of 'King' Keiron Cunningham who played around 500 games for St Helens.
We could use someone like them eventually (actually wants Taylor and Pavlai playing for us

Jatz Crackers said:
LOL @ letters of intent. I must remember to execute one of those on a verbal agreement form some time soon.

I've just sent you a letter of intent letting you know I've been extra ordinarily stressed and depressed lately.

Please fix this.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7