Manly sides V parra

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Wheel

https://membership.seaeagles.com.au/
Premium Member
The Quantum Manly Sea Eagles have announced their team lists for this Monday nights Heritage Round clash against the Parramatta Eels.

See the NRL and NYC Team lists below.

NRL:

Ben Farrar
Michael Robertson
Jamie Lyon (c)
Steve Matai
Tony Williams
Kieran Foran
Trent Hodkinson
Jason King (c)
Matt Ballin
Josh Perry
Anthony Watmough
Shane Rodney
Glenn Stewart

Joe Galuvao
Brent Kite
Matt Cross
Chris Bailey

Coach: Des Hasler

NYC:

William Hopoate
David Sheehan
Dean Whare
Blake Davey
Michael Oldfield
Scott Blanch
Gary Riccardi
James Cunningham
Liam Higgins (c)
Lama Tasi
Mitchell Jowett
Ryan Lippiatt
Joseph Hawkins

Taylor Matthews
Brad Bennett
Sione Fakahua
Josh Portlock
Magnus Stromquist

Coach: David Penna

You know what is good about the side named there?

I just cant pick a spot and say "there is a guy better than that we could bring up"

There just isn't any real weakness. Even Farrer is playing bloody well in attack and defense. Some of our players that you may put a question mark on are Internationals...like Choc

But everyone is playing fantastic footy at the moment.

I just watched the Dragons, game, we were clinical and brutal....kind of like Jayad Patel

Parramatta: 1. Jarryd Hayne 2. Luke Burt 3. Joel Reddy 4. Timana Tahu 5. Krisnan Inu 6. Kris Keating 7. Daniel Mortimer 8. Nathan Cayless (C) 9. Jeff Robson 10. Fuifui Moimoi 11. Nathan Hindmarsh (C) 12. Ben Smith 13. Feleti Mateo
Interchange: 14. Matt Keating 15. Tim Mannah 16. Justin Horo 17. Justin Poore

Referees: Jared Maxwell & Matt Cecchin
Sideline Officials: Paul Holland & Steve Chiddy
Video Referee: Steve Clark

Still no George Rose listed either NRL or SCSE QLD Cup side

Yea, our Manly boys are a kickass team when they switch on and stay switched on for the whole game.

Parra will be fired up for this one and honestly, I'm a bit worried.

We have shown too much 2nd-half complacency this year - sure, it's only early days in the season, but I still don't like seeing the boys let the momentum swing to the opposition too easily too often.

How good is it to see Matty Ballin start  to come into his own as a Hooker.
He remains a key to our success for mine - When he makes a range of good solid plays in both defense & offense, including mixing up a few good runs & kicks, the rest of the team really slot in well and can exert their own good plays easier.
Many opposition halfbacks, 5/8ths & fullbacks will be watching the likes of Foran, Lyon & Watmough as they know how dangerous they can be - giving Matty & now Trent some good opportunities to have a big impact when they turn it on.

---

NSW Sports TAB Odds atm:

Head to Head:
6024    Manly    1.55
6029    Parramatta    2.40

Winning Margin @ 80mins:
6435 Manly by 19+ 4.65
6224 Manly by 13+ 2.90
6436 Manly by 13-18 6.00
6437 Manly by 7-12 5.50
6124 Manly by 1-12 3.10
6438 Manly by 1-6 6.00
6248 Draw 26.00
6440 Parramatta by 1-6 6.75
6129 Parramatta by 1-12 3.85
6441 Parramatta by 7-12 7.50
6442 Parramatta by 13-18 9.50
6229 Parramatta by 13+ 5.75
6443 Parramatta by 19+ 11.00

Halftime/Fulltime Double:
6398 Manly/Manly 2.10
6399 Manly/Parramatta 7.50
6417 Parramatta/Parramatta 3.50
6418 Parramatta/Manly 6.50

---

"6435 Manly by 19+ 4.65" - that's pretty cool, but let's hope our boys ignore all that and really give it to 'em!

Manly v Parramatta, Brookvale Oval, Monday 7pm (EST)
The Adjudicator says: "I never been much of a fella for show tunes but this morning I couldn't resist busting out that old classic Memory, from Cats, while I was in the shower. I was doing a bit of reminiscing over my fondest recollections of the season so far and at the top of the list was seeing Manly get mowed down in their choke-fest against the Eels. I know the Sea Eagles have since turned a corner but remember so too have the Eels. Sing it with me 'memory, all alone in the moonlight…'."

Agree/disagree with The Adjudicator? Tell him, in 100 words or fewer, why your team will win this match. Email The Adjudicator, including your full name and where you're from.

LATEST COMMENTS FROM FANS

Manly fan Grant from Brookvale says:
"Hello Adjudicator, I would like to congratulate Parra on the 2001, 2005 and 2009 premierships.... hang on a minute... they didn't win them... in fact they haven't won since 1986. They beat Manly thanks to a disgraceful forward pass decision in Round 2 and they are talking themselves up??? Hindmarsh doesn't play rep footy anymore because he is too old, should have retired in 2005. We will carry on from our dominance of the Dragons and win comfortably. Manly by 18."

Anguillidae from Coffs Harbour says: There are 3 things certain in life – death, taxes and the Parramatta Eels thumping Manly at Brookvale. The continued inclusion of Glen Stewart, Anthony Watmough and Brent Kite in the NSW team are part of the reason why we can’t win a game of Origin to save ourselves. These blokes just seagull out wide and forget that part of their job is to actually tackle the opposition forwards on occassion. How the blues selectors (and Kangaroo’s for that matter) can leave Hindmarsh out of any representative team is beyond comprehension. He’s the bloke that would make the 50 tackles that Watmough, Stewart, Creagh and Gallen (how does he get picked?) can’t be bothered with. Go the Mighty Eels – Parra by 13+.

Awesomo says: "Mr Adjudicator, you are absolutely right. The eels start every year in poor form for the first 6 weeks and gradually come strong (ie 2001, 2005, 2009). If manly couldn’t beat the eels when they were playing rubbish, manly haven’t got a hope in hell. Having Hindmarsh fired up after the idiotic snubbing from the origin teams, in the words of Silverchair (continuing your musical vein) it’s going to be Pure Massacre. Eels by 18."

Parra fan Matt says: "I personally believe the bye has come at the wrong time for a resurgent Parramatta Eels side. I was also very happy to see Luke Burt get his chance in a Rep jersey. All Parra players who played either for Australia, City or Country played to a great standard. It will be a tough match over at Brookie though and I think it will be a good test of where we stand in this year's premiership. I believe that the Bulldogs game gave up plenty of fighting spirit and we tend to play well in these rivalry matches. Both sides have good attacking flair but I think Parra's defence stood out last match. Eels by 8."

Ozmatt says:
Mr Adjudicator I implore you to keep tipping against the Eagles every week, you're the best good luck charm we've had in 2010. With a full 9 day recovery and a rocking Fortress Brookvale, I'm tipping the Eagles by 12 on a Monday night classic!

Andrew Murray says: Fella, You are kidding. Manly just smashed the Dragons and played for the full 80 mins. You will see that Des has been playing poker this season thus far, you don't win comps in April. Not many subs this year, he is getting the boys fit, and it is now showing. Brookie is a bog now, and will be very tough for Parra if they keep trying to throw the ball around without going forwards first. Manly by 10.

Peter says: Are you seriously thinking the Eels can get the mighty Sea Eagles at Brookie Mr A? Surely not? Not sure which corner you think the Eels have turned but just beating an under strength Doggies is no recommendation for a game against the Eagles. Hodkinson to shine against the team that let him go. Origin jumpers up for grabs watch Watmough demolish the Eels right-side defence. Manly at home by 12+.

If Foran is out injured I'm guessing Dessie would maintain the 2nd half team that rolled the Dragqueens?

Bailey at 6

and Burher getting more splinters or is Terrance Seu Seu due to step up

saw him play in the QLD cup last year, not a bad player but certainly didnt stand out as much as trent

BErKeLEy_eAgLe link said:
Tom Humble called up to replace the injured Kris Keating.

Hodko should at least know how he plays as they were both picked and played together in last years QLD Residents team during last year's SOO series.

spoke to george on saturday he will play 1st game after the bye

foran was having a fitness test last night

Weather tonight is looking more like rain.

At 2pm Monday its getting very dark over Brookie with low black clouds hovering around....no rain yet but pack yer brolly and oilskins

Great news about George cambo!

And lets hope the debacle about 'sorry no air cond' in round two's 40 deg C heat is not forgotten and this time we return favour by having our brand new sheds air cond working for them in roaring fashion set at about -10 C  :-*

The sad part about it is that if this was played yesterday afternoon instead of those other pathetic mismatches then there would have been 18k at brookie.  Tonight with rain threatening and a cold wind blowing there will be about 8k

Pissing down in Hervey Bay, but nice and dry in the living room anyway  :p

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8