Manly should only improve in 2022

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
Look at the 2021 side stacked with youngsters and new players who will only gel better after a full season.
Add Tommy starting fresh from day 1.
The spine will also be more coherent, with old Foz proving he can stick about and Croker feeling comfortable and earning his spot hrough torrid defence and improved , crisper service from dummy half.
The backrowers are 2 of the Best young guns in the NRL imo and having played basically full seasons and well, the sky is the limit for the coming season.
Saab's speed is a blessing and expect even more opportunities and freakish moments in 22 and Garrick, who I confess to taking a while to warm to, was a different player by season's end, a genuine speedster with a tougher edge and cashes in on opportunities he once shyed away from....plus his goal kicking has improved.
Add the young Bull - emore and the side has no reason not to improve 20%....which is a scary thought for opposition, especially those top few contenders we struggled against in 2021....
Could add there are legitimate young stars also in the wings, but referring to the proven Top graders from 2021, it's hard to think they won't improve both individually and as a team...what's the thoughts ??

To improve we’ll have to beat teams 1-3.

I see us finishing on 4th.
That's a good hospital you're in. They obviously don't stint on the drugs :)

After blooding so many good players last year and then giving those players another off season under Des, we should be top 2 next year. There was a lot of 2007 about last year. We need a strike centre to really dominate but Morgan should be better in 2022 and Dylan may get even better. Scorpio's still safe as houses if someone else can provide the flair.

Will be an interesting season, we will be better on account of Schuster, Olakau'atu, Saab, Harper all having a full season of NRL under their belt. Keppie and Paseka still on the up.

Panthers should be strong again, Roosters will improve, Storm always strong but lost a few, see Souths and Eels dropping off

Can really see our forwards upping the ante in 22, only Marty is entering the veteran class and no reason why he can't have a strong season for us. The backs will be even more improved, and can see us being even more potent in attack than last season, (if that's at all possible) With experience gained from last season, we will reap the rewards in 22. We are now a team on the rise and a team to be feared, and will build on our success that we achieved from last season.

Yes only way is upwards. Only team in the top 4 not to lose any key personnel. Compared to the other top 4 sides, we are more on the improvement side. It's gonna be a great year. Schuster, Haumole, Harper, Saab with a season under the belt, a lot of the squad finally getting a deep finals run and tasting what it's like in the big games against the best teams. It will only be a learning curve, we gotta make sure it. Make sure that 2021 finals series is a motivating factor and propels us into the season.

And Im sure it will, I expect us to be much better against the top teams and just overall more balanced, we will be better when Tommy is absent with origin duties as well. Do wanna hear everyone's opinion on who we think will have a breakout season? For me, I can see our edge backrower duo taking that next level which is exciting but I'm picturing a really big season from Keppie. Like seriously, I feel like he made a huge statement against the chooks in the semis and if he becomes a consistent performer, he is going to have a great year and become our premier middle man.

1 Turbo injury away from the bottom 8….

Our side still needs more balance.
Balance is the key and I am Glad your Eagle eyes can see this feathered friend

We need to overcome the No Tommy No Manly points factor

We need balance in the centres . Centres who have the ability to strike and add a spark as well as defend

We need balance from dummy half . A hooker that can be incisive as well as defensive

We need a pack that not has only size but also has dominance

We need to give Koula a Go as manly Sea eagles backs were meant to fly !

Speed kills :)

1 Turbo injury away from the bottom 8….

Our side still needs more balance.
Possibly but Ithink so many of out team are on the upwards trend that we could still possibly make the eight without Turbo.

Hopefully its a moot point though

Records speak for themselves… and we are abysmal without Turbo.
We went okay at the backend of 2019 without Turbo. We had a competent replacement fullback in Elliot & a powerful forward pack with AFB, Thompson et al firing at the time (Siro was out, replaced by Haumole). We also had skilful attack options with Fainu at dummy half & Walker at five eighth.

Take Cleary out of the Panthers, they can still win.
Take Papi out of the storm and they can still win.
Take Lattrell out of the Rabbits and they can still win.

IMO, the Panthers wouldn't have won the GF without Cleary and Souths probably would have won if Mitchell was playing. The Storm are a well balanced side with many points of attack & can function well if one of their stars is missing. Maybe their most important player is Hughes.

It’ll never be a moot point, cause it’s been shown by the Storm how easy it is to contain Turbo.
My point isn’t just about injury - what’s changed between when the top 3 teams neutralised Turbo in the big games?…

Records speak for themselves… and we are abysmal without Turbo.

Take Cleary out of the Panthers, they can still win.
Take Papi out of the storm and they can still win.
Take Lattrell out of the Rabbits and they can still win.

Our side needs to be more balanced in the spine so when 1 player is out we aren’t a walk over.

That’s why I’d like to see Croker and Foz moved aside. They are doing an ok job but without Turbo they can’t win games by themselves.
Time for a true 9 (I’d wished Fainu would come back but sounds like that’s not happening) and Schuster to take the 6.
So you think Schuster, Olakau'atu, Saab, Paseka, Keppie, Bullemor, Harper are all at their peak.

So many of our team are on an upward trend.

So what has been in the bast is not necessarily the future.

I mean I agree on your point that we cant move forward as relient as we have been in the past but I think we have plenty of natural progression in this team that will help balance that ledger

the backended contract of marty will take up too much cap space but i think playing for another contract is just what he and manly needs.

player who ned a new job always adds a bit more worth. marty will want to extend somewhere for a few seasons you would think and will need to impact his value early on. interesting if his 21 form has him as benchy prop. not what you want with negs as we saw with dylan to some extent was similar

he would kill it in france

What I think is interesting is that most of our kids did not play that much footy in 2020 (due to covid etc)

I am interested to see what they are like with a couple of first grade seasons back to back
Hopefully there will are some young guns in those young guys .
Looking forward with lots interest indeed

The “ why” even with Turbo firing on all 16 cylinders, we didn’t do better against any of the three that finished above us this year is the crucial point.

There’s no point at all beating teams 5-16 most of the year but falling in a heap against teams 1-3 , and we did so at EVERY opportunity in 2021.

Although we did beat the Eels when they were 4th but they were at the start of their slide backwards so I doubt we can count that.

The ease at which South’s , Storm and Panthers beat us is the real worry.

The young guys will just continue to develop with more game time, cohesion and confidence.

Barring significant injuries, we will be up in the top 6 at least and maybe Grand Final but, I’ve always had a theory that you have to lose a Grand Final to win one. It makes you that much hungrier.

Melbourne and Panthers will still definitely be the benchmarks. Souths may miss Reynolds more than they think.Parra will be up there early (as usual) and then probably fade (as usual). The Roosters, unless they have injuries like this year, will be a big threat as they ‘blooded’ so many young players who will be better for the experience and they will have depth.

As for the others…
Sharks - I think they’ll improve and will be a danger side and cause some upsets
Dragons - unfortunately I think Hook will be ‘hooked’. He’s a great guy apparently. I think Moses will cause him nightmares with his defence.
Bulldogs - Trent is still coach, so they’ll score points but concede more
Tigers - They have to do another Tiger Town special next year, because Madge will exceed anything the Cheese did on his podcast
Newcastle - like the Sharks, I think they could improve a bit. However, Pearce leaving has left a big hole in their spine.
Titans - could be a big surprise but, a really young spine. Fun to watch though.
Broncos - Poor Kevie. He’s going to lose a lot of sleep next year.
Cowboys - Have they won the spoon? I think they will be pushing the Dragons for it.

Just my thoughts.

The “ why” even with Turbo firing on all 16 cylinders, we didn’t do better against any of the three that finished above us this year is the crucial point.

There’s no point at all beating teams 5-16 most of the year but falling in a heap against teams 1-3 , and we did so at EVERY opportunity in 2021.

Although we did beat the Eels when they were 4th but they were at the start of their slide backwards so I doubt we can count that.

i know im seen as holding a different opinion/agenda but honestly, as a club we need to be ballsy enough and have our mitchell pearce moment

when you go, mitch , your pretty good at 7, but we need someone who does more stuff, an on field leader at 7 that knows how to get the team to the end of games

but thats how the fat cats roll and the knights with all the ponga brilliance are just the knights, just like the chooks were the chooks and manly are manly

moving players on is easier if income is not all salary capped as its easier to move players on for 400 than 1mill, i grant thee

Souths Storm and the Panthers were the benchmarks that exposed our weaknesses

and without Toms dominance we were firing blanks

Hopefully Des can make the change that is required to change for the better

Because without change Nothing changes

We got rolled through the forwards Mark and completely dominated there.

Turbo, DCE and Foz can’t play with freedom if there is no ‘go forward’, ‘quick play the balls’ and keeping the other team on the back foot.

The old saying mate.. forwards with the game while the backs score the points.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4