Manly Sea Eagles need to tell coach Geoff Toovey where he stands

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
and let me add -

Enough about Sage Arthur.
Enough about What...shisname.
Enough about GIFT

Focus on this ****ing season or you'll be counting LOST dollars by years end and be looking up from the BOTTOM of the table.

NYEagle

It is pretty clear that the Penns are keen to put a broom through the entire operation and put in "their" people. This includes the front and back office taff
As much as some might not like it we are a privatized club - they tip the money in it is their right to do what they want with the staff etc

This fellow from the South Joe Kelly needs to pull his head in.
He arrives at a club clearly in social crisis and just hops on board with his corporate gabble , powerpoints, and 10-point plans while disrespecting Geoff Toovey.
Maybe this guy missed the lesson in school but he should look at what he inherited. Get everyone involved and make it about the football and the people, not just profit.
Unimpressed.
Please please tell me what has he done to disrespect Toovey?

It is pretty clear that the Penns are keen to put a broom through the entire operation and put in "their" people. This includes the front and back office taff
As much as some might not like it we are a privatized club - they tip the money in it is their right to do what they want with the staff etc

Privatised club or not treat club legends with a bit of respect.

Please please tell me what has he done to disrespect Toovey?
Ralphie surely not telling the head coach that an offer has been withdrawn for DCE is not showing him enough respect? I agree that Tooves shouldn't be dealing with all the negotiations, but he should have some input, and he should know where things are at (especially something so critical). Kelly was not to know this would break during Toovey speaking to the media, but given he's not Wayne Bennett and does do a lot of media he needs to know. And I felt so sorry for him sitting there not knowing what was going on. To me that showed a complete lack of respect.

Zorba was running around telling everyone before xmas that 2v days were numbered. Just to give you insight in how involved zorba is , he was seen sitting in the coaches box in sg ball and other junior grades telling coaches what they should be doing. 2v is still telling him to take a hike but Zorba has joe yes man kelly now doing his bidding. In 1 season they will wreck this club and its culture and it will take years to get it back. A 10 year mother hood statement by Penn wont help or fool all of us.
Your should choose your words a bit better lovefooty. Zorba hasn't been seen running since 1974. lol

I don't understand how the owner of the club can come out last year and state that he wanted our halves signed up before xmas and now it seems that we will lose both.

If they get rid of toovey who is going to be the next coach? I cannot see Hasler or Arthur coming to Manly.

Your should choose your words a bit better lovefooty. Zorba hasn't been seen running since 1974. lol

I don't understand how the owner of the club can come out last year and state that he wanted our halves signed up before xmas and now it seems that we will lose both.

If they get rid of toovey who is going to be the next coach? I cannot see Hasler or Arthur coming to Manly.

Cleary? But I can't see him leaving the panthers after putting in all the hard work

Privatised club or not treat club legends with a bit of respect.

Agree - would hope they were transparent with him. If they do not want to keep him in the club, sit him down and tell him about it in a respectful manner (which they might do)

Not sure many of us saw Des leaving for the dogs until he did (or heard the rumours) Who knows what is possible now

Agree - would hope they were transparent with him. If they do not want to keep him in the club, sit him down and tell him about it in a respectful manner (which they might do)

Yep that's it they pay the bills they hire and fire but if they don't see him as the best option for coach sit him down and tell him he has earned that.

They need to be careful about biting the hand that feeds them. It's the fans that help pay the bills, without us they'll be dipping deeper into their pockets.

They need to be careful about biting the hand that feeds them. It's the fans that help pay the bills, without us they'll be dipping deeper into their pockets.
Agree but they most likely see it as period of blood letting before things settle down

Get rid of perry, back office "leaks" and maybe tooves....cop it for a period of time and move on

No coach in their right mind would accept the job at Manly. Only possibility is a desperate rookie. But then if they sack Tooves, they can do what they like cause I'll be gone after 43 years.

Ralphie surely not telling the head coach that an offer has been withdrawn for DCE is not showing him enough respect? I agree that Tooves shouldn't be dealing with all the negotiations, but he should have some input, and he should know where things are at (especially something so critical). Kelly was not to know this would break during Toovey speaking to the media, but given he's not Wayne Bennett and does do a lot of media he needs to know. And I felt so sorry for him sitting there not knowing what was going on. To me that showed a complete lack of respect.
So that's it. A failure in communication on this issue and everyone leaps to the conclusion that Kelly is actively undermining and disrespecting Toovey.

Let's give this a name.........Quantum Leap Assumptions.......yes the Quantum was an intentional play on words.

I think trying to lure Sage Arthur over to Manly is disrespecting a club legend. Not only a playing legend but a legend as a coach - grand final qualifier, runner up, and equal minor premiership are fine results and this treatment is unacceptable

No coach in their right mind would accept the job at Manly. Only possibility is a desperate rookie. But then if they sack Tooves, they can do what they like cause I'll be gone after 43 years.

Career coaches are not going to care. Also it is not like the instability that caused this (the split ownership etc) is still in play

So that's it. A failure in communication on this issue and everyone leaps to the conclusion that Kelly is actively undermining and disrespecting Toovey.

Let's give this a name.........Quantum Leap Assumptions.......yes the Quantum was an intentional play on words.

We had the Burgess blow up (which some one leaked) then this "miscommunication" on top of the endless leaks 2 the media about Toovey not being safe and under pressure someone from the club is leaking it.

I think trying to lure Sage Arthur over to Manly is disrespecting a club legend. Not only a playing legend but a legend as a coach - grand final qualifier, runner up, and equal minor premiership are fine results and this treatment is unacceptable
There is absolutely no evidence that this has happened.

So Webster reckons that when he said Toovey would be first coach sacked that it was a throw away line.
If this is a throw away line how can we respect or believe anything that he writes?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7