Manly Sea Eagles forward Darcy Lussick in strong demand

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Played 7games off the bench!!!!! we dont even know if he can actually play the whole 80 with the same gusto he shows in his stints off the bench..
I`m getting sick & tired of these bench players causing commotion to our preperations with contracts..
after 08 GF it was wolfman demanding 120,000 dollars aseason & how many games has he played since the 08 GF , be lucky to be 26games..
How about you knuckle down & show us what you have in your 1st full season in the NRL before you start demanding more money..

One word for you DARCY.... hodgkinson....

I'll reserve my opinion on Kite and King until round five. Joe, I think, is only signed for this season, so we'll get value out of him off the bench. I like Kite, but I've never been a huge fan of King. Kite has more leg drive. Lussick reminds me of JWH as others have noted too. He needs to calm down and just go forward without giving away stupid penalties. Over-aggression is just to scrutinized these days. I don't buy the Hasler conspiracy, as didn't he think he'd be in charge this season?

[/quote]

Hey Russ

I'm trying to think who we tied up last season
Kite?
joe?
Not doubting you I'm sure it's true because it's been proven what a devious person hasler was. I think we need to probably release a few to england
[/quote]

Hasler also signed Mauro and Rose till then end of 2013 i think.

Mybludog said:
swoop said:
It's the price we play for being a successful club, I would of thought that we may of let Kite go and save dollars for soe of our young guns.

Every player has a heavily back ended deal. We're already over the cap for 2013 so unless it's upgraded big time by the IC we're in trouble.

How did Penn allow this to happen? It sounds like Kite and a few others might need to be allowed to negotiate elsewhere for 2013 to enable us to retain DCE, Foran etc.

Even if the cap increases with the new TV deal it also increases for other clubs as well who will throw even more money at our players.

Love to keep him, but even if we can afford to pay him what he's worth + a bit more. With that many clubs involved there will be a few of them desperate enough to through ridiculous money at him that we just don't have. Hopefully he looks back at history and sees the list is pretty small of players who leave this great club kicking on elsewhere. Hopefully we sign him to a four year deal, which will be backended once he assumes the leadership of the pack when Kite and Kingy move on. Not confident though. Unfortunately his younger brother getting pinched by the Eels isn't a good sign IMO.

Hope he stays and I suspect he will.

However the most important young forward for us to tie up, in my opinion, is not Lussick but Buhrer.

The Eagle said:
Kite might have played good against the poms but he is only always good against melbourne,he has no fire otherwise,King can go to and then we're in a much better cap position

Also LOL@this article

Dogs have a great front row rotation,he isnt required there and would be surplus to needs

A much better cap position, yes

A much better position on and off the park, no

I guess Kingy and Kite's value showed up in 08 and 011. Maybe they'll both go forward in 012.

King was going pretty good before he got injured late in the season.
I wouldn't be so quick to point out peoples age. Plenty were left with egg on their face after Joe's amazing year.

jjai said:
Played 7games off the bench!!!!! we dont even know if he can actually play the whole 80 with the same gusto he shows in his stints off the bench..
I`m getting sick & tired of these bench players causing commotion to our preperations with contracts..
after 08 GF it was wolfman demanding 120,000 dollars aseason & how many games has he played since the 08 GF , be lucky to be 26games..
How about you knuckle down & show us what you have in your 1st full season in the NRL before you start demanding more money..

One word for you DARCY.... hodgkinson....

And Waerea-Hargreaves. He too though he was worth a fortune except that he failed to finish his apprenticeship with Manly. Turned out not quite what the Roosters though he was capable of handling on a proffessional level.

Totally agree with your comments about the Bench players but its not really their fault. They get caught up in the media hype sending other clubs into buying frenzies.

Article today in Telecrap re: sending NRL commissioned SS troops to control Club funding may prevent this happening in the future. In a Private enterprise club e.g Manly. Sense comes before money. And Woolaahh. Two GF's in 5 years. Rock on Eagles

DSM5 said:
I'll reserve my opinion on Kite and King until round five. Joe, I think, is only signed for this season, so we'll get value out of him off the bench. I like Kite, but I've never been a huge fan of King. Kite has more leg drive. Lussick reminds me of JWH as others have noted too. He needs to calm down and just go forward without giving away stupid penalties. Over-aggression is just to scrutinized these days. I don't buy the Hasler conspiracy, as didn't he think he'd be in charge this season?

Keep in mind it's Glen, Jamie and Jason King that keep this playing group together. I wouldn't be too keen to get rid him just yet... especially now as we have just had a change of coach.

Kiwi Eagle said:
The Eagle said:
Kite might have played good against the poms but he is only always good against melbourne,he has no fire otherwise,King can go to and then we're in a much better cap position

Also LOL@this article

Dogs have a great front row rotation,he isnt required there and would be surplus to needs

A much better cap position, yes

A much better position on and off the park, no

On the park,you dont know that

Off the park,i agree they are great ambassadors

King and Kite are 2 of our biggest on field forward pack leaders, to lose both of them to retain 1 guy, I can't see any benefit on the park tbh

1. If the Stewart brothers are leaving then here is plenty of room in the cap.
2. Comparisons with JWH re their ability I agree with. However Lussick will require twice as much to resign as Jared wanted to resign with Manly.
3. Joe I believe is signed for 2 seasons. If Lussick is selected behind him then I wouldnt blame him for leaving.
4. I agree with comments that he is probably commanding too high a price for what he is demonstrated so far and club will run into trouble further down the track if it pays players too much "overs"
5. It's no good retaining halves if we have no pack.

ERNIE FOR NO7 said:
1. If the Stewart brothers are leaving then here is plenty of room in the cap.
2. Comparisons with JWH re their ability I agree with. However Lussick will require twice as much to resign as Jared wanted to resign with Manly.
3. Joe I believe is signed for 2 seasons. If Lussick is selected behind him then I wouldnt blame him for leaving.
4. I agree with comments that he is probably commanding too high a price for what he is demonstrated so far and club will run into trouble further down the track if it pays players too much "overs"
5. It's no good retaining halves if we have no pack.
Just to be clear im not having a crack at you but this talk of the Stewart brothers leaving, it's only going to happen if Glenn is released. Brett is a free agent but Glenn is under contract.

Comment 5 is spot on IMO.

I'd could handle Darcy leaving if it meant retaining the Stewart's and the halves.

Surely joe and kitey could be shopped around in England.

The Eagle said:

Also LOL@this article

Exactly if pushed Tolman and Graham could play 80 minutes a game

This is all just paper talk for the sake of writing an article. If Ritchie didn't have a job at the Tele he'd be unemployed as he's too stupid to hold down a job anywhere else.

Darcy is a smart bloke and he'll be well aware of what's in his overall best interests. It's been said over and over but unless things have changed I believe it's his preference to stay unless he got offered crazy money.

We'll just have to wait and see how it pans out.

Knowing the northern beaches as I do, if I were a talented local junior I would stay for less money for a year or so. Long term being known as a local hero and one club player could set him up for life, having a profile like that would set up his life after league.

Cambo said:
Mybludog said:
swoop said:
It's the price we play for being a successful club, I would of thought that we may of let Kite go and save dollars for soe of our young guns.

No, it's the price we pay for letting Hasler control "everything"

Hasler new early last season he wasn't staying so he deliberately tied up our cap $$$ with older players.

Every player has a heavily back ended deal. We're already over the cap for 2013 so unless it's upgraded big time by the IC we're in trouble.

Get a good look at the team this year Ladies & Gents because it's going to look a whole lot different by the end on 2013

Hey Russ

I'm trying to think who we tied up last season
Kite?
joe?
Not doubting you I'm sure it's true because it's been proven what a devious person hasler was. I think we need to probably release a few to england

I think Rose & Mauro were also signed but can't remember exactly when.

My main point is the "back ended" deals. I'd say they'll try and keep Kingy but release Kite to the UK.

Don't be surprised if there's a lot more doing what Farrar has done........spend 12 mths in the UK before coming back

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4