Manly robbed against Warriors

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Manly weren't robbed. Plain and simple we were out played by a team who for once seemed to execute their game plan to almost perfection.

We got flustered, we panicked and just did some really dumb things such as DCE's kick on the first tackle of a 7 tackle set on their line and Api's forward pass to Jake. The fact that we couldn't even get on the scoreboard until Blair was sin-binned with 12 to go said a hell of a lot about the way we played. We had enough possession and made enough line breaks, but beyond that the execution was lacking. And that fact that we managed to get the score back to 18-16 in that 10 minutes says more about out fitness as a team than it does about our mindset on the night.

The flat, coming down off a high that we were supposed to have shown against the Knights (but didn't), was well and truly there for all to see on Friday night.

Hopefully there is a lesson that they learned in Auckland and that the flatness is now out of their system. This was a wake up call that we need to perform every week if we are going to do anything in the Finals. And hopefully we see the real Manly on Thursday night at Brookie because Friday night brought back memories of 2018.

Last edited:
Looking at the table now unless we fold against a weakened Tigers then 5th or 6th is virtually a given; top 4 chance over with points differential.

I have a horrible feeling we will end up playing the Sharks. I know they aren’t going great but that roster has plenty of tough big game performers and worries me a lot. Any of the others we should get over comfortably at home.

We got beaten by a fired up Warriors plain and simple. They were given some latitude in the ruck and we didn’t adapt to the tactic.

Fatigue was also clearly evident...

Fortunately the Tigers have a shorter turnaround than us.

I have a horrible feeling we will end up playing the Sharks. I know they aren’t going great but that roster has plenty of tough big game performers and worries me a lot. Any of the others we should get over comfortably at home.
I hope we do play the Sharks. Our record with the Panthers and Broncos is much worse and we'd be far from comfortable playing either of these.

in my opinion the warriors not only won the game but they ran it also, they set the tone in the first set when the referee's allowed them to do what they did(as explained by @maxta). from then on they worn down the referee's to the point where they dictated the whole game-up until the last 10-15 minutes anyway.
well played warriors

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8