Manly robbed against Warriors

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
All True - very true, but be prepared for this Exact style come finals where there will be FAR more latitude in the ruck, so we better get used to it as Storm/Roosters will destroy Manly if they can't adapt.
I think we were against it from the first set when they were allowed to gang tackle - called "Held" - then allowed to lift and carry back an extra 5m and lay over the player.
This went on basically every set.
It may end up a good thing as we didn't show great composure on the back of it and didn't adapt to change, yet showed heart to keep fighting and almost set up an undeserved win.
I think we play this exact game again we would "Find a way" and slowly break them down and put a score on them.
It was a loss and a frustrating 1, but could prove not so bad as will deal better with this style when it counts - expect others to follow this blueprint and in most cases get away with it - need to fight fire with fire and Des will have the ammo imo..

It was all about the team that adapted to the conditions and for 65 minutes Manly did not. There is no way we were robbed. With all the pill we had on their line in the first half and to come away with a duck egg due to our own impatience was the deciding factor. They had 3 chances and scored 3 tries, that was the difference. We for a change won the penalty count 13-5. No complaints, the hungrier team won and it is a huge warning to our young team that we have to be at the level when we beat the Drizzle every week!

We weren’t robbed , we were well beaten.

Congratulations to Kearney and his team on executing the exact game plan to nullify everything we did.

The refs allowed it, we got frustrated by it , and dropped our bundle.

If we don’t learn other sides will do the same, simple as that.

Whingers never get any where in life

Making excuses does not help any one make progress

Accountability is the right path towards progression

cry-baby.png

Didn't see anything in the game.where we robbed, Warriors came with a better game plan.

I thought the Blair sin-binning was an over reaction. It should have been just a penalty to us.
The Worriers were robbed two weeks ago by the refs when playing Doesn'tmatta. Against us they deserved their win.
I can't recall the last time Manly received such a lopsided penalty count in its favour. To lose after having so much possession shows just how much the Worriers were on the night.

The Warriors have had more than their share of dud calls in 2019.

Honestly, a 18 nil score was a true reflection of the match, Blair should never been sent off. They completely dominated us for 67 minutes.

If you think that is bad wait until we play the Eels in the last round with them needing to win to make the 8.

Last edited:
The Warriors have had more than their share of dud calls in 2019.

Honestly, a 18 nil score was a true reflection of the match, Blair should never been sent off. That completely dominated us for 67 minutes.

If you think that is bad wait until we play the Eels in the last round with them needing to win to make the 8.
I agree with pretty much everything you said but Blair did deserve to be sent to the bin. It was a scoring opportunity (all be it a long shot) and he deliberately moved to block the Manly chaser. Even the Foxtel commentators called it. Other players have gotten away with it during the year but it was a professional foul and deserved time in the bin.

The warriors worked out that to stop our big players and their offloads was to throw 3 or 4 players into every tackle, however the only way that can work effectively is if 2 players are allowed to wrestle in the tackle until the other 2 players have a chance to get back on side. The refs let them do exactly that. Of course our players were going to get frustrated with that leniency from the refs.

It was all about the team that adapted to the conditions and for 65 minutes Manly did not. There is no way we were robbed. With all the pill we had on their line in the first half and to come away with a duck egg due to our own impatience was the deciding factor. They had 3 chances and scored 3 tries, that was the difference. We for a change won the penalty count 13-5. No complaints, the hungrier team won and it is a huge warning to our young team that we have to be at the level when we beat the Drizzle every week!
Exactly! Unfortunately this is how we lost to Tigers in RD1 by not adapting to wet weather footy.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2