Manly reverse nightmare injury trend - Dan Ferris

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
by Ben Glover, Foxsports
LEADING into 2017 few would have predicted Manly would be favoured to advance to the second week of finals.
There were too many question marks. They lingered over their head coach, their star halfback and a recruitment drive littered with gambles on talented players horribly out of form.

Not to mention the clouds over the health of club legends Brett Stewart and Steve Matai, who we now know would never take the field, leaving the Sea Eagles short of well over $1 million worth of talent

420837b3c43b1420b5f07358924cf5bf

Read more at:
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/a54adf451761599b52cb465769190c5a

No one liked poor Ferris. Haha Especially Ryan. Whilst prep is very important i still think lack of injuries or an increase in injuries is 80% luck.

I also remember all the criticism on here when it came out DCE won the 2km race and that our wingers should have won it so they are obviously sh!t. I really wonder if people think before they type sometimes.

No one liked poor Ferris. Haha Especially Ryan. Whilst prep is very important i still think lack of injuries or an increase in injuries is 80% luck.

I also remember all the criticism on here when it came out DCE won the 2km race and that our wingers should have won it so they are obviously sh!t. I really wonder if people think before they type sometimes.

Well, to be fair- Ferris was part of an article claiming you could judge his success (and this was claimed by him) by the longetivity of Lyon, Matai & Stewart (who all retired that very season !!). I've posted the article a few times. You then look at The Titans success (when he was there), and where we ended up last season, and there were many variable parallels between the two clubs.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/6f3ecac1a3631bbea7cff1d34ac0d808

There have been a few times Garts, that I've thought our team has looked gassed (even this season), where we fade in & out of games.

That said, kudos to all the coaching staff (including Ferris). The team have been amazing overall this season. Most teams (apart from the bloody Slimy Storm) have peaks and troughs in a season. There are times I think our team is unbeatable (both Chooks games), then there are times (Tigers & Dragons) where I think jeez, our boys look cooked.

Pretty sure Ferris took the reigns on the Gold Coast in 2011 (after being in their junior system since 2007), then joined us in 2015. That's 7 years in the top grade as a Head Conditioner. In this 7 years, this is his 1st ever finals series, with his teams finishing 16th, 12th, 9th, 14th, 14th, 13th & 6th.

I'd say there is enough quantified information for someone to make a hypothesis about his current & past record. I also think everyone, including myself made an obvious distinction between injury & fitness. Ferris can't generally control injury. It's the fitness that was the area of concern.

6:30 for 2km is a pretty decent time, especially for a bloke who is muscular rather than lean like a runner.
If they're saying he "blitzed" it then I'd assume the rest of the players weren't close which is disappointing. You'd expect some of the backs to be thereabouts as it's only 2k's. I ran a 5:00 mile on minimal prep at 38 and I'm only a couple of kegs lighter than DCE.

Players who get injured in warm ups and at training are the result of poor physio's / trainers who don't know what they are doing.
Very encouraging article to read.

Donny Singe has left the Bulldogs .. not sure what it has to do with this thread .. but mentioned it anyway.

Maybe you should read the thread again. He was an integral part of our winning premiership side of 2008 and 2011. Donny laid the foundation.
Donny was a big part of our golden run but he did not lay a foundation, all he did was an excellent job on behalf of the team but truth of the matter is any body in donnys position in that golden run would have had the same sucess.

Donny was a big part of our golden run but he did not lay a foundation, all he did was an excellent job on behalf of the team but truth of the matter is any body in donnys position in that golden run would have had the same sucess.

@Turbo1, Mate reason I said he laid the foundation is that from memory I think he was there from 2003. Everyone associated from that time on, players and coaching staff did lay the foundation of a winning culture after the disaster of the Northern Eagles. Something special is happening with this current side. It might not be this year but I sense another premiership within the next two years.

Well, to be fair- Ferris was part of an article claiming you could judge his success (and this was claimed by him) by the longetivity of Lyon, Matai & Stewart (who all retired that very season !!). I've posted the article a few times. You then look at The Titans success (when he was there), and where we ended up last season, and there were many variable parallels between the two clubs.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/6f3ecac1a3631bbea7cff1d34ac0d808

There have been a few times Garts, that I've thought our team has looked gassed (even this season), where we fade in & out of games.

That said, kudos to all the coaching staff (including Ferris). The team have been amazing overall this season. Most teams (apart from the bloody Slimy Storm) have peaks and troughs in a season. There are times I think our team is unbeatable (both Chooks games), then there are times (Tigers & Dragons) where I think jeez, our boys look cooked.

Pretty sure Ferris took the reigns on the Gold Coast in 2011 (after being in their junior system since 2007), then joined us in 2015. That's 7 years in the top grade as a Head Conditioner. In this 7 years, this is his 1st ever finals series, with his teams finishing 16th, 12th, 9th, 14th, 14th, 13th & 6th.

I'd say there is enough quantified information for someone to make a hypothesis about his current & past record. I also think everyone, including myself made an obvious distinction between injury & fitness. Ferris can't generally control injury. It's the fitness that was the area of concern.
Ferris is a legend

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4