Manly Priming at the right time for Finals

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
It’s a three horse race.
If we are going to be in a three horse race we need to have players with pace across our back line
Because if you do not have the pace you are not in the race

Speed Kills and the faster you go the bigger the mess you leave behind

Last edited:
The best game we played was against the Eels at bank west, if the team can play consistent footy and build from how the played that game they are a good chance to go deep into the finals.

Rounds 20 and 21 will be the litmus test for them, being away at the moment has some benefits for the squad. It will be good for them to go up against top four teams, win or lose there will be a lot to take from those two games.

The best game we played was against the Eels at bank west, if the team can play consistent footy and build from how the played that game they are a good chance to go deep into the finals.

Rounds 20 and 21 will be the litmus test for them, being away at the moment has some benefits for the squad. It will be good for them to go up against top four teams, win or lose there will be a lot to take from those two games.
Its going to be great to see the coachs try to out fox each other. Going to be a cracker.

I'd say keeping Keppie off the field at the moment would help more; very hot and cold the last couple of months.
He is not the only one. Looks like he is just a bit short on experience, which he will only get by playing, or we’re starting to see the real limits on his footballing abilities.

Cust rather than the Pizza Man should be the replacement halfback whenever DCE is out. Cust is the Ed Whiley of the 2020s. He even looks a bit like Ed:

B0A2584C-71D6-4BCE-8048-567ED05A5E8A.jpeg

Last edited:
100%. Have not been this excited for a long time. Just hoping we can get to the finals at near full strength and have a real hot crack. We have had so much back luck due to injuries over the past years, its about time we have some luck go our way and show the comp what we are made of.

The boys all look primed, connected, heads on and playing as a team unit. The best looking team at full strength we have had in ages!

Lets go
Lawton had some back luck on Friday night :rofl:

I think we are building nicely getting alot of players back from injuries hopefully it stays that way you don't have to be playing your best footy in July,Chez generally has a better back half of the season so Does should have us primed and ready to go time finals come around wether we are 5/6 or scrape into 4th

Nothing personal but there is clearly a knee jerk reaction on the forum after every game:
we win = we are slightly behind Melbourne and Penrith
We lose = we are a long way off Melbourne and Penrith.

Only my opinion, but I don't think last night tells us anything...we were depleted and Saints were depleted. It was good to get the two points but there were aspects of the performance that were unimpressive. Another week, another try straight through the middle of the forwards. We also gave Saints far too many opportunities in the last 15 minutes to make a finish of it; luckily, they were poor and we didn't pay the price.

We will know where Manly stand when we play Melbourne in rd. 21.

Until then, it's just about getting the two points and minimising injuries to important players.
Agree. Felt the same way re Friday night, just wanted the 2pts anyway we could!

This years comp is riddled with poor and mediocre dreams. There will be 2 teams playing finals this year who wouldn’t look out of place in the bottom 4 (however a full strength Knights team I think has the potential to upset a side).

Still a long way to go and injuries will play a part. I don’t think we can make the 4 unless Parra or Souths drop games against easier teams. Parra is our best chance to jump over purely due to us playing them and controlling our own destiny so to speak.

Can’t wait to our game v Melb!

Now that SoO is out of the way we should see the teams who are real contenders go on extended runs.
We are looking good.

Until we get our defence to 100% we are no chance, the goons made way too many meters on occasions.
Our attack at full strength can score points against anyone, we really need tom at the back V the top sides to stiffen up our defence.

It’s a three horse race.

Storm & Panthers the benchmark.

Manly ( at full strength ) the next.
I wouldn't say a 3 horse race but we are definitely still in the mix. Plenty can change between now and the end but Manly's form compares OK with most of the big guns.
If you disregard the first 4 rounds (just for the hell of it!!) then these are the form lines for the last 3 months

Since Round 4

Team ......... win ... loss... for ... against... diff

Storm......... 13 .... 0 .... 544 ... 152 ........+392

Panthers ... 11 .... 2 ... 389 ... 157 ...... +232

Manly....... .. 10 ... 3 .... 451... 198 ...... +253

Souths....... 10 ... 3 ... 395... 294 ....... +95

Eels .......... 9 .... 4 .... 370 ... 201 ....... +169

Chooks..... 8 .... 5 .... 313 ... 301 ...... +12

Last edited:
Completely off key - Manly lose that game by plenty early season without Tom , DCE and Jake....yet find a way to win comfortably in the end after having to fight back.
I mean if you don't think Manly are building, that's fair enough, you don't need to play the premiership favourites in Melbourne to see if you improved and then say " yay we beat Storm - we are going well" or "damn we lost, we are no good"....strange angle
I said "nothing personal" and stated my opinion...now i'm completely 'off key' and my angle is 'strange'...why'd you throw it out there if any contrary opinion to your own is going to have a label tacked onto it?

I don't think beating an under-strength St George team with our under-strength team can be used as much of a barometer for how we'd go against Melbourne and Penrith...if that's a strange angle to you...I give up?!

I think lockdown is showing it’s full impact on here today and over the last 24hrs. Time for some deep breaths all round.
Agreed, let's all go for a walk outside for the next half an hour.

I'm happy to meet up with you anytime and guess what, we may just get on better in person than you think and have a drink
Just maybe we would get on fine in person....I get that stuff to a degree as there are a few keyboarders who get under the skin, but your better than that...anyways all will be good, probably both a bit opinionated - Im ok with that...have a good 1

Last edited by a moderator:
We all have different views and expectations on here of our team and I see Manly Priming up at the right time because we are only as good as our last game and in our last game we have proven to over come one of our biggest challenges and that is to win a game not only without Tom but also without our captain DCE against a Determined Dragons team that were fired up to make amends and earn some respect from their disappointing covid breach and they did come out of the blocks firing up scoring the first try of the match but our teams character Stood up without Tom and DCE and prevailed .

I'm happy to meet up with you anytime and guess what, we may just get on better in person than you think and have a drink
Just maybe we would get on fine in person....I get that stuff to a degree as there are a few keyboarders who get under the skin, but your better than that...anyways all will be good, probably both a bit opinionated - Im ok with that...have a good 1
You’re probably right. I apologise for any offence caused.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6