Manly players under pressure for their futures after shellacking

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
so when was his best? Probably before he came to Manly?
Dont you think he was good with uate? He is a great center that we refuse to play there. Yet Parker the worst in the game remains. He was pretty good at 5/8 last year and especially in the finals run of 2019. Then injured and nothing. Now we are playing the poor bloke at fb when he trained in the centers all pre season. Pretty stupid dont you agree? We can't get a proper gauge on walker until we play him where he belongs. He would do really well outside of Foran

Dont you think he was good with uate? He is a great center that we refuse to play there. Yet Parker the worst in the game remains. He was pretty good at 5/8 last year and especially in the finals run of 2019. Then injured and nothing. Now we are playing the poor bloke at fb when he trained in the centers all pre season. Pretty stupid dont you agree? We can't get a proper gauge on walker until we play him where he belongs. He would do really well outside of Foran
Mate he would be my centre in front of Parker

I've re-read what you highlighted four or five times and not seeing how it is coming across as selfish or self absorbed?

He has obviously been asked about being off contract, stated a couple of times that he needs to focus on his game and that it will sort itself out if he does so.

He states that performances like Sat means he likely wouldn't get a contract.

States its on his mind cause he has a family......I mean these guys are human, of course it would play on his mind.

Remember this guys have to get up in front of the media and answer these questions, its part of his job......he isn't calling Rothfield saying "hey Phil, Lets discuss my contract"
I dunno, I am just old school. I want to hear him talk about his desire to play for this great club, and his focus to work his butt off to earn a new contract.

Maybe a bit of "I'm ashamed at myself" would also be nice but that's getting really old school lol.

NYEagle

Watched 7 news tonight and got to admit the DCE laughing REALLY pissed me off! What part of last week was funny? What part of "that wasn't my best game" was funny. WTF, guess he's laughing because his daily rate is way above mine. I think outside NRL he's a great bloke along with his marvelous wife and really fan friendly., but to think there is something funny this week he's missing something very important - the game is about commitment to the game, the fans who bleed for their club, in your own performance, backing your mates on the field, being able to walk of the field and say I gave my best.

Think our Captain needs to have a reality check.
Wouldn't you be laughing knowing you get paid 1.2m+ a season just to turn up?

I dunno, I am just old school. I want to hear him talk about his desire to play for this great club, and his focus to work his butt off to earn a new contract.

Maybe a bit of "I'm ashamed at myself" would also be nice but that's getting really old school lol.

NYEagle
I mean he twice said he needs to focus on his game to get a new contract.
Also said performances like Sat wouldn't get him one.

You're splitting hairs IMO

NYEagle
I get what you are saying @NYEagle... good teams talk about the group rather than themselves...

I dont begrudge Dylan because of course his priority should be providing for his family (not fighting blokes over pepperoni slices)...

However I reckon you are on to something and we possibly have a team of blokes atm who look out for No.1 and could not give a sh1t about the bloke next to them... We certainly don't see the passion and camaraderie that Blacktown showed on Sunday...

Watched 7 news tonight and got to admit the DCE laughing REALLY pissed me off! What part of last week was funny? What part of "that wasn't my best game" was funny. WTF, guess he's laughing because his daily rate is way above mine. I think outside NRL he's a great bloke along with his marvelous wife and really fan friendly., but to think there is something funny this week he's missing something very important - the game is about commitment to the game, the fans who bleed for their club, in your own performance, backing your mates on the field, being able to walk of the field and say I gave my best.

Think our Captain needs to have a reality check.
Hey Wombat, why you angry? Please explain? The football itself is depressing enough without upsetting fellow Silvertails.

I mean he twice said he needs to focus on his game to get a new contract.
Also said performances like Sat wouldn't get him one.

You're splitting hairs IMO
Respect your opinion. Let's see if he delivers on field.
NYEagle

NO, you not getting the question mate, wasn't having a go at you. I was really wanting to know why you were angry at my comment? Was trying to get your point of view that's all.
Wow, some miscommunication there. I wasn’t angry at your comment. It’s just that the smiling player after a flogging, or even two days after is pretty much striking a match to a stick of dynamite for me. Yes I’ve been told many times that you will send yourself around the twist, if you let that get under your belt.
Once the red mist settled in my vision, I deleted my post because I love DCE, and couldnt believe he’d set that as an example, but my name calling was poor, regardless of his actions.:cool:

Pressure. I bloody hope every single one of them feels the pressure to perform. Enough is Enough. I can accept many things but not the attitude that the squad displayed in round 1.

73213b0e71aac31305d43c91c07a1378.gif

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8