Manly ... or the Dogs?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Yes they are, but that shouldn't mean we're useless.

We haven't adjusted to anything. We are looking like a rabble at times despite still having players like DCE, Suli, Jake, AFB, Marty and Cust.

DCE and Cust were OK tonight, as was Marty before he went off. But it took the kids, Olakau'atu, Paseka and Funa, to keep us in the game. The rest were a non-event out there. Sure Suli and Jorge scored, but that's about all either did all night.
What is it with Suli getting bagged. WTF.....he played strong & was damaging in his runs. One of the better players along with Olakau’atu, Funa, Marty before taken off, Paseka!!!!!!!!!!!!

With Cust now in the side(hopefully)there is no need for having a forward as first receiver

Yep a forward as first reciever who even stevie wonder can see wont be passing the ball at all just run to the line and waste a tackle ,then levi gets it and same thing run no pass waste another tackle ..predictable

My god, you’re a tool. Please stay in the threads making excuses for our Team who are playing terribly and praise players who arnt putting in and have very obvious limits.
Lol throw out a line post game and wham they bite. If only MFB fished this well. Sorry Jonboy just having a laugh in these trying times.

Lol throw out a line post game and wham they bite. If only MFB fished this well. Sorry Jonboy just having a laugh in these trying times.

fsir enough, I deleted the tool part of my response as it was unwarranted.

still I’m glad you can be lighthearted, for me, im at a loss as to why we are playing so badly and being coached so poorly. And if it’s not driving you to distraction I envy you (or you’re not watching properly!)

What is truly exposed right now that too many of our strike players are out and our attack is clunky and disorganised.

Tonight was all about basics and we failed in key areas. Our kicking game is our achillies heel. One reset against 3 tries conceded. In the wet you set it up by getting those repeat sets and too ofte our kicking game is rushed and we turn the ball over and dont ask questions of the opposition. The way we defend kicks is something that has not improved in years. Our left winger is constantly out of position and its really costing.

We need energy with the ball, give young Suli the ball at speed. He got a great try doing that and we do not see it anywhere near enough.

My ideal team for 2021 if no additions and no losses

Tom Trbojevic
Hopoate
Walker
Funa
Suli
Cust
DCE
Taupau
Fainu
AFB
Jake Trbojevic
Sironen
Schuster

Olakau'atu
Paseka
Keppie
Metcalfe
Here's mine
1.Trbojevic
2.Hopoate
3.Walker
4.Suli
5.Saab/Garrick
6.Cust
7.Cherry
8.Fonua Blake
9.Fainu
10.Trbojevic
11.Olakauatu
12.Sironen
13.Schuster

14.Levi
15.Paseka
16.Taupau
17.Garner/ Gosiewski
18.Saddler
19.Sipley
20.Keppie
21.Funa

Yes they are, but that shouldn't mean we're useless.

We haven't adjusted to anything. We are looking like a rabble at times despite still having players like DCE, Suli, Jake, AFB, Marty and Cust.

DCE and Cust were OK tonight, as was Marty before he went off. But it took the kids, Olakau'atu, Paseka and Funa, to keep us in the game. The rest were a non-event out there. Sure Suli and Jorge scored, but that's about all either did all night.

Ffs

Before the whistle we were down both second rowers, hooker, full back, six and one centre.

Within 10 min we were down our dominant front rower then down our other front rower with 25 to go

That is 8 of our first choice 13 out...and people wonder why we were a rabble?

And that does not include a fringe player like Jetski

All the pre season talk about us was the first choice 17 was a dark horse but depth was an issue - our back ups (Waddel as an example) just ate not good enough

Ffs

Before the whistle we were down both second rowers, hooker, full back, six and one centre.

Within 10 min we were down our dominant front rower then down our other front rower with 25 to go

All the pre season talk about us was the first choice 17 was a dark horse but depth was an issue - our back ups (Waddel as an example) just ate not good enough

A reasonable issue if it was just this game. But it isnt. 2 from 7, and a couple of white washes and outstanding kids who should have been given a chance on the side lines. Isz, you have a good point, but the problem started before the game started

fsir enough, I deleted the tool part of my response as it was unwarranted.

still I’m glad you can be lighthearted, for me, im at a loss as to why we are playing so badly and being coached so poorly. And if it’s not driving you to distraction I envy you (or you’re not watching properly!)
Yep it’s tough mate. I get it for sure. Sucks to see these lame losses. However, I’m in a good space now as I’ve moved beyond the reality that we will win anything this year. And tbh who gives a s*** anyway it’s a season with an asterisk now - if it even finishes with all these dummies out and about. Yes that’s you Wayne you geriatric Clint Eastwood try hard!. I am on board with trying sone players tho. Liked what I saw frm the young backrower tonite. I’m not going to bag players like Elliot and co tho, what’s the point? We are paying that guy like 200k a year tops? I mean Tom, dce and co stuff up as well. It’s just easier to bag the duds sometimes. Who we got next week, knights? Well grad sone beers, cheer em in and let’s hope we get tge W to give us a finals sniff.

Just an observation
The players Des is selecting in certain positions have limited abilty, so to a degree, they are limited to the slow, predictable footy we have been enduring game after game....but maybe this is their peak ability and Des is getting just about the best out of them.

Now if there was the opportunity to bring in players - young , old , whatever ....who have huge abilty allowing you to coach them to possibly a far higher level....it would seem a no brainer.
Funny how other teams can see the benefit in elevating the young, fast, energetic players who are perfect in the ultra high tempo, of the modern game.
Guocamole hopefully done enough to show it CAN work and there are players in our weakest positions waiting to show their abilties...

Ffs

And you haven’t even mentioned Perenara giving them a 16 point head start!

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 4 4 -60 8