Manly ... or the Dogs?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

HoldenV8

Journey Man
I'm going to come right out and say it.

Right now Manly are playing almost exactly the same way as the Dogs were under Des in his last couple of years there. Pedestrian attack not helped by an over reliance on ball playing forwards (e.g. Jake) which stifles any chance the halves have of doing much. And an occasionally there defence.

It didn't work at the Dogs and its not working at Manly.

Jake. --> Prop

Surely the calls have to grow louder. He should never have been moved to 13. It's not 2011, the game now has versitile number 13's. I don't blame Des for carrying on with the Jake @ lock experiment. He is a good player wherever you put him and you have to go out of your way to move him from his already established role but I think now is the time to make that move. Even Taumalolo, a massive unit, is a versatile 13. Jake is not. He can be the best prop in the game if he is limited to 50-55 minutes a game (two 25-30 minute bursts)

Jake. --> Prop

Surely the calls have to grow louder. He should never have been moved to 13. It's not 2011, the game now has versitile number 13's. I don't blame Des for carrying on with the Jake @ lock experiment. He is a good player wherever you put him and you have to go out of your way to move him from his already established role but I think now is the time to make that move. Even Taumalolo, a massive unit, is a versatile 13. Jake is not. He can be the best prop in the game if he is limited to 50-55 minutes a game (two 25-30 minute bursts)
Who plays 13? Marty? Afb? Id like to see afb play 13 and play a JT type role. Jake is always in the way he should goto prop

FFS. Most of our attacking strike is on the sideline. There i said it.

Get a grip please.

Yes they are, but that shouldn't mean we're useless.

We haven't adjusted to anything. We are looking like a rabble at times despite still having players like DCE, Suli, Jake, AFB, Marty and Cust.

DCE and Cust were OK tonight, as was Marty before he went off. But it took the kids, Olakau'atu, Paseka and Funa, to keep us in the game. The rest were a non-event out there. Sure Suli and Jorge scored, but that's about all either did all night.

Jake. --> Prop

This needs to happen in my opinion. I think it would be beneficial if taupau comes off the bench. He would still be our number 2 prop, the leader when AFB is off. Let jake and take the brunt off the first stint and let taupau come on fresh and wreak havoc. Siro and haumole in the backrow.. possibly schuster at lock or bring someone in of the ballplaying mould

Of course you did.

Please stay in the threads making excuses for our Team who are playing terribly and praise players who arnt putting in and have very obvious limits.

insult deleted I’m in a filthy mood sbout our team and shouldn’t vent At other posters

Last edited:
Yes they are, but that shouldn't mean we're useless.

We haven't adjusted to anything. We are looking like a rabble at times despite still having players like DCE, Suli, Jake, AFB, Marty and Cust.

DCE and Cust were OK tonight, as was Marty before he went off. But it took the kids, Olakau'atu, Paseka and Funa, to keep us in the game. The rest were a non-event out there. Sure Suli and Jorge scored, but that's about all either did all night.

I feel Suli does go looking for work, particularly through the middle out of our own end and does carry players and get a quick play the ball, we just don’t get it to him in decent space enough. Jorge though...Any decent run he has is nullified by a play the ball that takes half an hour.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8