Manly needs more chants

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
That's actually very catchy @Alan

Add that to Eagle Rock, and '' He's Gonna' Step On You Again'' for Skivi, and we're really getting somewhere!

Add that to Eagle Rock, and '' He's Gonna' Step On You Again'' for Skivi, and we're really getting somewhere!

Uncanny resemblance to the next QLD/OZ Captain :D

I think that even I could manage these steps :shy:

RiverEagle said:

Ah man, that really takes me back to my teenage groover years in the 70s :D
He's Gonna' Step On You Again - John kongos 1971
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Lm0N4YCkgk

Def Leppard cover 2006:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSWiKgWK2FE&feature=kp

Party Boys cover 1987:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=282N-EvZtXI

It's a great old song @HappilyManly
And it's also perfect for a footy chant!

Imagine it booming around Brookie, esp after a big left foot step by Skivi leading to another Eagles try!

Love it ( and thanks for doin' the link to that song for me too)

manly1972 said:
I wasn't aware of those songs, do you know where I can view them.

http://www.silvertails.net/frontend/uncategorized/3884-manly-sea-eagles-supporter-songs-and-chants

Also:

---

Daly Cherry-Evans
(Sung to the tune of AC/DC's "T.N.T.")

D.C.E.
He's Dynamite
D.C.E.
And he'll win the fight
D.C.E.
He's a power-load
D.C.E.
Watch him explode!

---

The House of Foz
(Sung to the tune of "House of Fun" by Madness)
(inspired by Foz' magical no-touch in a contest for the ball vs the Cowboys during the 2012 finals @ the SFS)

Welcome to the house of Foz
We've come to play today,
Welcome to the Lyon's Den..
He who has the hand of God
Help Manly win today,
Welcome to the house, o-of Foz!

---

Less chants please, this is not the EPL it is Rugby League in Australia.

One minute people want to copy the American fan culture, next it is the English Premier League style chants--- just enjoy the game and yell abuse at the ref or player Aussie style if you need atmosphere.

Technical Coach said:

One minute people want to copy the American fan culture, next it is the English Premier League style chants--- just enjoy the game and yell abuse at the ref or player Aussie style if you need atmosphere.

Do you take ice-creams off little kids for fun too, TC??

RiverEagle said:
Technical Coach said:

Do you take ice-creams off little kids for fun too, TC??

So what you are saying is that we have to copy other fan cultures to have fun at a game.

It's not really copying when it's a relatively universal practice in sports TC.

Besides, I'm pretty sure a lot of the proposals in here are hypothetical mate.

Some could develop into chants, or perhaps just be songs played or associated with players or situations in a game.

Eagle Rock is a perfect example; and has long been a Manly tradition.

Are you saying you don't even like Eagle Rock?!

Yeah, it's called progress TC......Progress.

Inevitable and usually an improvement in the world.

There'd already be a flock of young Sea Eagles that have grown up with Eagle Rock at Brookie and recognize it as synonymous with Manly.

It would seem that you're out of step with this one...figuratively and literally.

RiverEagle said:
Yeah, it's called progress TC......Progress.

Inevitable and usually an improvement in the world.

There'd already be a flock of young Sea Eagles that have grown up with Eagle Rock at Brookie and recognize it as synonymous with Manly.

It would seem that you're out of step with this one...figuratively and literally.

Or i see the fad well in advance of the masses.(Fad in Australia i mean)

It's called following River, don't confuse something new or different as progress.

The 5min handshakes "progress", the increased surface area of Tatts "progress", the hand on the heart when the National Anthem is played "progress", the Americanization of certain replies such as "My Bad", and "AnywaySSSS" "progress", Halloween in Australia "Progress".

I prefer to be out of step and walk a different path that leads to unique views and thoughts not follow and rehash what has been or is popular in the present.

I would have thought Australian sporting fans would have realised decades ago that it is not in our DNA to sing or chant from our past original classic efforts ---- Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi Oi Aussie Oi Aussie Oi Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi Oi should have permanently ended all hope of progress in the next generation.

Sometimes though TC, things are popular for a reason.
Not all cultural changes or ''progressions'' are for the better, nor do I particularly like them myself.

Confining myself to this thread or topic, as we should, I like the use of music and / or chants to enhance the sporting experience.

It may well have it's origins somewhat elsewhere (and be ''following'' in your definition).
Although as long ago as the 70's Australians were singing and chanting at sporting events.
Eg. C'mon Aussie c'mon c'mon is famous still in cricket. Indeed anything Australian, or for a sport like Rugby League is unique anyway...because it's defined differently than soccer in the UK, or American football, baseball or basketball.

So it may have some link to other cultures, it is still original as it's applied to us...in this case rugby league.

And many examples, even in this thread, are far more sophisticated, or clever, compared to Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi Oi!

I actually agree with you up to a point, just not on the principle that chants and music enhance the game. For me (and many others as it happens) they do.

I think women even have the vote now.

grumblegrumblerhubarbrhubarbgrumblegrumblegrumble

It's popular therefore it must be bad!

I am in danger of dropping the f and c bombs here so going to not say what I was going to.

Good on you TC for walking a different path, Robert frost would be proud, though he wasn't such a douche bag when he wrote about it.

Now back on topic hey?

globaleagle said:

Ah yes, 'progress'.
Actually today is the anniversary of a referendum in this country, which resulted in Aboriginals being counted in the 1971 census (for the first time)

globaleagle said:

Bugger.

Technical Coach said:

NO MORE CHANTS
NO MORE CHANTS
NO MORE CHANTS
CLAPCLAP CLAPCLAP CLAP

NO MORE CHANTS

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4