Manly needs more chants

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

manly1972

Not saying the current chants which we have are bad. They just need some updating, iv'e got a few in mind, some are directed at the opposition, Shayne 'rooster' Hayne and for our players. If you would like to here them leave a reply with your thoughts.

manly1972 said:
Not saying the current chants which we have are bad. They just need some updating, iv'e got a few in mind, some are directed at the opposition, Shayne 'rooster' Hayne and for our players. If you would like to here them leave a reply with your thoughts.

Well there's the Brett Stewie and Choc song, the Centrelink Song, MAAAAAAAANLYYYYYY, the good old "Who are ya" chant has a run every so often, the Matai song, and other chants around @Jono's drum.

ManlyArmy said:
manly1972 said:

Well there's the Brett Stewie and Choc song, the Centrelink Song, MAAAAAAAANLYYYYYY, the good old "Who are ya" chant has a run every so often, the Matai song, and other chants around @Jono's drum.

I wasn't aware of those songs, do you know where I can view them.

Anyway here are my chants, tell me if you like them.

You left cause your ****, you left cause your ****, Tonny Williams you left cause your **** (repeated)

He scores when he wants, he scores when he wants brett stewart he scores when he wants

your plane has crashed, your plane has crashed Jarryd Hayne your plane has crashed, you plane has crashed you’ve lost them the match jarryd hayne your plane has crashed.

He hits who he wants, he hits who he wants, Steve Matai he hits who he wants (repeated)

(when the game is won and the opposition are exiting early)
Is there a fire drill, Is there a fire drill, Is there a fire drill, Is there a fire drill, Is there a fire drill, Is there a fire drill

(directed at south Sydney fans)
In the south Sydney slums, you'll look in the bin for something to eat you'll find a dead rat and you'll think its a treat in the south Sydney slums, in the south Sydney slums, your mums on the street your dads a dead beat you cant get a job cause your so bloody thick in the south Sydney slums, in the south Sydney slums.

(Directed at any teams)
You support, you support, you support a load of **** (repeated)

Benji marshall! Benji marshall! What a waste of money! what a waste of money! what a waste of money! what a waste of money! what a waste of money!

manly1972 said:
Anyway here are my chants, tell me if you like them.

You left cause your ..., you left cause your ..., Tonny Williams you left cause your ... (repeated)

He scores when he wants, he scores when he wants brett stewart he scores when he wants

your plane has crashed, your plane has crashed Jarryd Hayne your plane has crashed, you plane has crashed you’ve lost them the match jarryd hayne your plane has crashed.

He hits who he wants, he hits who he wants, Steve Matai he hits who he wants (repeated)

(when the game is won and the opposition are exiting early)
Is there a fire drill, Is there a fire drill, Is there a fire drill, Is there a fire drill, Is there a fire drill, Is there a fire drill

(directed at south Sydney fans)
In the south Sydney slums, you'll look in the bin for something to eat you'll find a dead rat and you'll think its a treat in the south Sydney slums, in the south Sydney slums, your mums on the street your dads a dead beat you cant get a job cause your so bloody thick in the south Sydney slums, in the south Sydney slums.

(Directed at any teams)
You support, you support, you support a load of ... (repeated)

Benji marshall! Benji marshall! What a waste of money! what a waste of money! what a waste of money! what a waste of money! what a waste of money!

huh-monkey.jpg
wtf-cat.jpg

z205649641_answer_2_xlarge.jpeg

This is the reason I don't write chants.

Old school I know but my favourite memories are 18,000 people at brookie doing the haunting Maaannnnnnnnnleeeeeeee, Maaannnnnnnnnnnnleeeeeeee.

Here's a chant for you.

"You're on the drugs, you're on the drugs, you're on the drugs that killed River Phoenix"

Chip and Chase said:
What tune are they sung to ?

That's a fair point.

We should sound more...erm accommodating to a new poster.

Maybe if we knew the tune (notwithstanding Alan's interpretation above) then it'd make more sense!

Interesting that the default nrl chant is "Manly...clap clap clap" (simply change team name for other supporters) and in the NHL (hockey) It's "let's go rangers...clap clap....clap clap clap.

Only slight difficulty in getting all teams to conform to the 2 syllables.

Anyway good luck with new chants, been suggested and shot down before.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4